Rotherham (H)

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davies was piss poor yet again. Bullied by the centre halves and when he does eventually challenge them for the ball, he makes it dead obvious. Holloway should be starting, shit options but, he's the better of the two. Might not score as many but, the team would benefit a hell of a lot more. His goal today was shite, right pee roller, don't know how their GK didn't save it. 

1 minute ago, we hate man,u and city to said:

Davies was piss poor yet again. Bullied by the centre halves and when he does eventually challenge them for the ball, he makes it dead obvious. Holloway should be starting, shit options but, he's the better of the two. Might not score as many but, the team would benefit a hell of a lot more. His goal today was shite, right pee roller, don't know how their GK didn't save it. 

Still scoring goals, though. I’d rather have someone who’s shit to watch and bagging consistently than someone’s who’s shit to watch and doesn’t contribute at all in the goals department. If we’re looking to get rid of a striker, it should be that useless lump Holloway. He is, no doubt, one of our top earners and utterly hopeless. Why would you drop your top scorer who’s averaging a goal every other game?

5 minutes ago, we hate man,u and city to said:

I don’t even know where to begin with this crock of shite so I won’t , I’m gonna go watch second half of Spurs to see if there’s any bad goals as I’ve never seen one of them before. 

Rotherham fans singing 'Oldham's a shithole' without a hint of irony was a highlight. The rest of the game made me want to commit seppuku. Two dreadful sides, I thought Rotherham looked even worse than us, how on earth are they 8th?

Two new lads looked tidy, Fane MotM by a country mile. Davies is a waste of a shirt

5 minutes ago, Dayvan Cowboy said:

Rotherham fans singing 'Oldham's a shithole' without a hint of irony was a highlight. The rest of the game made me want to commit seppuku. Two dreadful sides, I thought Rotherham looked even worse than us, how on earth are they 8th?

Two new lads looked tidy, Fane MotM by a country mile. Davies is a waste of a shirt

The same Davies that got us a point rather than none?

3 minutes ago, Dayvan Cowboy said:

The same Davies that spent 70% of the game on his arse

Hes a striker - his job is to get goals - he got one (his 11th) without it we’d have lost - he can spend the whole game scooting  on his arse for all I care if he puts the ball in the net. Or you can play Holloway who holds it up and does fuck all else with it 

Edited by Buckshawlatic

10 minutes ago, Dayvan Cowboy said:

How can a striker who’s on target for 15-20 goals this season be a waste of a shirt? I really have no words.

The same Davies that spent 70% of the game on his arse

I’d prefer to play a striker who may not do too much, but scores fairly consistently, even if he does squander several chances before putting one away, than a striker who’s very active and very busy doing not much at all and doesn’t score, e.g Holloway.

But horses for courses and all that.

Edited by PlayItLivo

53 minutes ago, we hate man,u and city to said:

Did Davies run over your dog? He was playing up front on his own and did quite well in the circumstances. He has scored 11 goals in just over half a season. I couldn’t see Holloway getting that with a similar number of games and I like Holloway.

I dunno, I just like footballers who don't spend most of the game being bullied off the ball, and the rest of it either losing possession or being caught offside. Fair play, he scores the odd goal 

I like players who get in a position to receive good intelligent passes. Unfortunately Davies plays for Latics and did well today chasing punts upfield (& scored)

3 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Did Davies run over your dog? He was playing up front on his own and did quite well in the circumstances. He has scored 11 goals in just over half a season. I couldn’t see Holloway getting that with a similar number of games and I like Holloway.

Holloway wouldn’t score 11 goals in 11 seasons never mind half.

i genuinely can’t believe im reading “may not score as many” isn’t that the whole point of football? Scoring goals? 

Edited by Buckshawlatic

Of all our players today Davies had the toughest job he was the only player who was playing directly against 2 opponents. When you are having to fight 2 centre halves on your own 1 6 ft 3 the other 6ft 4 you can forgive him for not winning every long ball played up to him he stuck to his task despite a lack of support certainly first half Tope supported him abit more second half and he got us a goal.

As for the rest well we didnt deserve to lose but we didnt do enough to win Fane was good Edmondson made a poor clearence for there goal but apart from that he was excellent I thought MOM for me.

Wasn't a great game the pitch is beginning to cut up which might mean we have to resort to grinding out results rather than being able to pass through teams.

Edited by GlossopLatic