Rotherham (H)

Just now, deckyd said:

That half was like watching pinball.  Two very direct teams.  Not alot of football being played.  Pitch maybe playing a part in that.

The lad from Celtic looks okay, Benyu is it?  Looks tricky with a bit of pace.  Pringle has had a couple of nice touches and looks to be bombing forward to support attacks.

Good goal from us, nice routine.  Hope Davies kicks on and finds his form again from early Wellens late Shez time.  If he smacks the chance from the open net with the venom he hits the set play, he scores twice!!

Defence looked a bit dodgey after the Rotherham goal.  Doing okay.  Gerrard was piulled out wide for it the but what annoyed me was he didnt really make an effort to get back into position and they scored.

We can win this, just neex the breaks.

Piss poor defending again for their goal and I’ve not changed my opinion that Gerrard is shite 

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was not pretty.  Thought both teams were dire.  Conditions played a massive part in that i would say.  Was to be expected.  Pattern of the game was hoof then free kick or offside, rinse and repeat!!

They had 1 shot all game maybe?  

MOM has to be the ball, it got the shit kicked out of it today!!  Would of given it to young George.  Fane played well so cant argue with that.

At least we didnt lose today.  Get players registered and few more in and move up the table again.

5 minutes ago, deckyd said:

That was not pretty.  Thought both teams were dire.  Conditions played a massive part in that i would say.  Was to be expected.  Pattern of the game was hoof then free kick or offside, rinse and repeat!!

They had 1 shot all game maybe?  

MOM has to be the ball, it got the shit kicked out of it today!!  Would of given it to young George.  Fane played well so cant argue with that.

At least we didnt lose today.  Get players registered and few more in and move up the table again.

Stats say Rotherham had six shots, five on target.
Latics eight with one on target.

Yes Johnny made a terrific save to tip a cracking shot over the bar in a he second half but that and the shot that they scored from where the only two shots that I can remember in the whole game so I don’t know where the other three came from.

1 minute ago, stevesidg said:

And Davies had a shot headed off the line in the first couple of minutes 

Which goes to show stats can be ambiguous, unless they don't count 'blocks' as saves. Apparently Nepumoceno blocked two late in the second half.

2 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Yes Johnny made a terrific save to tip a cracking shot over the bar in a he second half but that and the shot that they scored from where the only two shots that I can remember in the whole game so I don’t know where the other three came from.

Probably routine saves and not ones that stick in the memory.

Well,a better display than the second half at their place.Should have scored  first though.Their goal was gifted by poor defending and not getting rid of the ball.Glad Davies added to his tally and silenced someone near to me who never gives him any credit.

Blinding save by Placide from a swerving ball second half.

New players did well today but Motm was Fane.Trust he has silenced his critics.