Rotherham (H)

31 minutes ago, Dayvan Cowboy said:

I dunno, I just like footballers who don't spend most of the game being bullied off the ball, and the rest of it either losing possession or being caught offside. Fair play, he scores the odd goal

would that be the odd 11 goals in half a season which is more than any of our strikers have managed in a full season for the last three ?

he can carry on wasting a shirt on his arse for the remainder of the season for me 

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Hes a striker - his job is to get goals - he got one (his 11th) without it we’d have lost - he can spend the whole game scooting  on his arse for all I care if he puts the ball in the net. Or you can play Holloway who holds it up and does fuck all else with it 

Very hard for Davies today mostly on his own up front, and I thought he did ok.

Needs a goal poacher alongside him as I'm sure he will have soon.

Edited by BP1960

3 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I don’t even know where to begin with this crock of shite so I won’t , I’m gonna go watch second half of Spurs to see if there’s any bad goals as I’ve never seen one of them before. 

So you think that performance was acceptable? He was shite, constantly falls to the ground in a hissy fit just cause he can't hold it up cause, he's weak as fuck. Don't care if he scored, he offered nothing else against an absolutely piss poor team. 

2 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Holloway wouldn’t score 11 goals in 11 seasons never mind half.

i genuinely can’t believe im reading “may not score as many” isn’t that the whole point of football? Scoring goals? 

He would have to be given a run of more than one game in a row to have the chance of that ...

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

Still scoring goals, though. I’d rather have someone who’s shit to watch and bagging consistently than someone’s who’s shit to watch and doesn’t contribute at all in the goals department. If we’re looking to get rid of a striker, it should be that useless lump Holloway. He is, no doubt, one of our top earners and utterly hopeless. Why would you drop your top scorer who’s averaging a goal every other game?

Both useless lumps tbh. 

3 hours ago, Dayvan Cowboy said:

Rotherham fans singing 'Oldham's a shithole' without a hint of irony was a highlight. The rest of the game made me want to commit seppuku. Two dreadful sides, I thought Rotherham looked even worse than us, how on earth are they 8th?

Two new lads looked tidy, Fane MotM by a country mile. Davies is a waste of a shirt

Well said, someone else who's not blinded just cause he scores 1 in 5 chances he gets. That sitter in the first half was dreadful. Has all the goal to aim for, 'oh, I'll hit it to the guys head who is stood on the line'.

3 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

The same Davies that got us a point rather than none?

I'd say fane got us the point. His running and harassing to stop rovrum from scoring, while Davies was lost upfront. Rovrum GK was kind enough to let Davies goal in too, maybe he should be motm.

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Did Davies run over your dog? He was playing up front on his own and did quite well in the circumstances. He has scored 11 goals in just over half a season. I couldn’t see Holloway getting that with a similar number of games and I like Holloway.

In what way did he do well? Score, is that it? That's all I saw. Holloway/duffus should've been brought on with 30mins to go to harass their back four. Instead they had a pretty easy days work. 

4 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Well,a better display than the second half at their place.Should have scored  first though.Their goal was gifted by poor defending and not getting rid of the ball.Glad Davies added to his tally and silenced someone near to me who never gives him any credit.

Blinding save by Placide from a swerving ball second half.

New players did well today but Motm was Fane.Trust he has silenced his critics.

If you mean the one he tipped over then I would say it's interesting how we all see the game differently. To me routine save for a keeper at semi professional level. Might look better from Johnny as he is a short arse.

my mate thought it was going over, I thought it was going in.

9 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

He would have to be given a run of more than one game in a row to have the chance of that ...

Exactly. Striker who plays more is being compared in goal ratio to one who comes off the bench with 10mins to go. Owtb rules- appearances count all the same, even if it's just 1min the guy has played. 

1 minute ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

I think you should add "we hate Davies too" to your nom de plume. I'm not his greatest fan either but thought he did OK today. He definitely wasn't "weak as fuck".

No, I hate laziness and grown men acting like children. Sums Davies up, needs to grow a pair. 

Edited by we hate man,u and city to