Southend (H)

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

A lot more like hiring lighting and heating equipment.

Are the club still penny pinching after ALs takeover?

Always easy to spend someone eles’s Money.... 

He may well have plans regarding pitch infrastructure going forward but probably has a budget like me and you. 

They did what they could with what they have - in time that may change but to say the club is “penny pinching” under AL after signing the likes of Byrne Doyle and Pringle none of whom will be cheap is laughable - let’s agree to disagree 

Edited by Buckshawlatic

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Rather than just saying the club is a joke. Tell us what they could have done differently...

There's equipment for hire isn't there?

Costs money though, which may still be a problem at this club.

Just now, BP1960 said:

I thought this was no problem for AL, or are we actually no better off?

See my edited post and let’s leave it - you have your opinions respected and I have mine I have no desire for a tennis match I’m going to take advantage of the crisp sun and no football and walk my dog ?

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Damn the main stand. 

Don't give our board ideas, they will demolish it and claim a 3 sided ground is more  economical and beneficial to the pitch.:unsure:

Edited by BP1960

3 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

See my edited post and let’s leave it - you have your opinions respected and I have mine I have no desire for a tennis match I’m going to take advantage of the crisp sun and no football and walk my dog ?

Keep the dog away from shaded areas.:wink:

2 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I have just borrowed a dog,walk in the woods, back for half time, saved a few quid?

1 minute ago, OldHallam said:

Some bewildering  stuff on here that slag the club off for any reason. Do you actually support the team? What do you expect the club to do that we can realistically afford?  The heat lamps are expensive.   The answer is feck all. Could you have guessed yesterday probably an early inspection but 10.30 was pretty early to make a judgement call and gave it a chance. Solution knock the stand down. Oh hang on..... 

The covers only protect to -5C and this morning at home it was -8C at 6am -9C at 9am in the shade at ground level in our paddock in shade of house and a barmy 6C in full Sun. Filled our horses water and had frozen over before I had finished so less than an hour.  Some are clearly ignoring the fact pub pitches rarely have a fecking great stand blocking the Sun. Ok its shit for travelling fans and frustrating but anyone looking at present weather would wonder how a game could be called off if sat in a chair ranting. Get outside and it is bloody cold.  Chad weather who I regard as spot on is forecasting 19 cm of snow in next week  and the cold the start ,as 2nd highest ground surely likely to feel effects early. 

tell you what lets blame Corney. 

If you can't be negative best not to say anything at all. :-) 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

Some bewildering  stuff on here that slag the club off for any reason. Do you actually support the team? What do you expect the club to do that we can realistically afford?  The heat lamps are expensive.   The answer is feck all. Could you have guessed yesterday probably an early inspection but 10.30 was pretty early to make a judgement call and gave it a chance. Solution knock the stand down. Oh hang on..... 

The covers only protect to -5C and this morning at home it was -8C at 6am -9C at 9am in the shade at ground level in our paddock in shade of house and a barmy 6C in full Sun. Filled our horses water and had frozen over before I had finished so less than an hour.  Some are clearly ignoring the fact pub pitches rarely have a fecking great stand blocking the Sun. Ok its shit for travelling fans and frustrating but anyone looking at present weather would wonder how a game could be called off if sat in a chair ranting. Get outside and it is bloody cold.  Chad weather who I regard as spot on is forecasting 19 cm of snow in next week  and the cold the start ,as 2nd highest ground surely likely to feel effects early. 

tell you what lets blame Corney. 

This common sense, non blame culture, approach will get you nowhere here my friend!

Did no one think of phoning me to even warn me this could possibly happen? I went to bed early but then had to get up and put the air con on because it was too bloody hot to sleep, took ages to get back to sleep, then got my alarm to wake me to find out the games called off just because of 3 days of frost?  FMD has no one in Oldham thought of the global consequences of this disaster!   It's half two in the morning and I'm wide awake and grumpy.

Bah! frost at ice station zebra causes international outrage - strewth I'm grumpy,  effin grumpy - going to make a rum and coke and go for a swim in my pool - it's still well over 20 deg in the middle of the night down here so may as well enjoy the heat now I am awake for no bloody good reason ...... grumble grumble  grrrrrrr 

7 minutes ago, singe said:

Bury in the lead 1-0 ☹️

MK Don's lead 1-0 ☹️ but we are out of relegation spot ?

Dale losing 1-0 ?

Fleetwood down 1-0 ?

Wimbledon, Northampton, Blackpool 0-0 ?

Walsall 2 down ?

I’d rather Dons win than a draw I think. Need the Fleetwood meltdown to continue.  Dale are properly screwed aren’t they.  Bury picking up but it must be too late? 

14 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I’d rather Dons win than a draw I think. Need the Fleetwood meltdown to continue.  Dale are properly screwed aren’t they.  Bury picking up but it must be too late? 

I don’t think fleetwood will go down with shez in charge. A draw best result, don’t think we can rule bury out, they are playing well bunn has started scoring, Clarke ripley

3 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I don’t think fleetwood will go down with shez in charge. A draw best result, don’t think we can rule bury out, they are playing well bunn has started scoring, Clarke ripley

Won’t go down with Shez in charge? Really? Why’s that? Lose today and it’s 8 straight home defeats I believe. That takes some turning round. Add to that they are currently losing to the worst side I’ve seen this season. 

Bury need to be 10 points better than us over 13 games. I think they may have left it too late. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Won’t go down with Shez in charge? Really? Why’s that? Lose today and it’s 8 straight home defeats I believe. That takes some turning round. Add to that they are currently losing to the worst side I’ve seen this season. 

Bury need to be 10 points better than us over 13 games. I think they may have left it too late. 

Well if the previous 2 seasons with us are anything to go by plus his stints at Plymouth and Newport then he does have a knack of going into clubs and turning things around might take him a game or 2 to get going though.

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Bury could be 8 behind Northampton today with a game in hand and still to okay them bury are still in this. As for shez he’s been in a lot worse positions than this and turned it round.

1 hour ago, Buckshawlatic said:

No - fans are human beings who make their own decisions. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t - I’ve travelled long distances before and had a game called off - I shrugged my shoulders and got on with my life 

Got there at 130 from N Yorks . Nothing on R5 to say it was off. 

Met by Southend fans telling me the news - made my journey seem small.

Ref was on R Manchester. Said club had phoned him on his journey from north east that there was a part of the pitch that was doubtful. Ref inspected at 11 and club tried “measures” to thaw it out . Not enough improvement in his opinion to go ahead.

Back home and , as you say, nowt I can do so feet up.