Scunny away...

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

Someone check my calculations, but I think that means our League record this season is:

With Doyle playing P18 W8 D6 L4 F35 A27 Pts30

Doyle absent           P16 W2 D3 L11 F13 A31 Pts 9

Simply amazing, he's a talisman as well as a great striker. Including today, his first appearance as sub, he's scored 13 of those 35 goals in his 18 appearances. Gold dust.

Remarkable stats.
So per season:

With Doyle playing P46 W20 D15 L10 F89 A69 Pts77  LY6th (Millwall, who got promoted!)

Doyle absent           P46  W5  D8   L28 F33 A79 Pts23  LY24th by 14pts & 10 goals less than 24th. same conceded.

Lowest ever total was Donny in 97/98 20 points just 3 points more.

20 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I tell you what we have freaking good goal of the season competition lined up at the end of this season.

Doyles today

Doyles at home to bury (brilliant 1 touch move)

Doyles Van Bastonesque volley against Rochdale.

Byrnes 25 yard curler against Northampton

Dummigans 30 yard ripper at home to Bradford

Holloways volley right at the death to seal the win at home to Bury.

The Ducks goal at Ewood Park.

Davies goal at MK a 20 plus pass move out of defence.

We've seen some quality strikes this season I bet their is a few I've missed too.

Doyle v Dogdale for me.

3 hours ago, deckyd said:

Wellens deserves credit today.  Made the changes at the right time and won us the game. 

First half thought we were poor.  Last 30 mins of the game and 3 subs got us the 3 points.

Thought Bryan had a good game but Moimbe was very mpressive up against a tricky winger, likes a tackle aswell!.

Thought the game was even enough, Doyles goal was top class and clearly will make a difference to us.  Holloway as a sub is excellent, always looks good for 10-15 mins when he comes on.

Jonny made a couple of crucial saves today, when at 0-0 in the first half and towards the end, good keeping display today.

Very happy with 3 points, to be honest expected a scrappy draw.  MOM was Moimbe, thought he didnt put a foot wrong, got stuck in, was solid and passed well, plus he had a swann dive in Scunnys box when offside!.

Agree thought Moimbe was superb despite Bishop ‘doing’ him a couple of times yet escapes the booking ‘hole in his wig twat!’

buzzing after that, atmosphere was superb! Thought it was petering out into a draw most managers would have been happy with that - not Richie, his subs won the game. Scunny shat themselves at the sight of Doyle and Holloway again was excellent off the bench. How pissed mustctheur fans be? All that effort to get the game on and the fact they were VERY interested in Doyle is a great big kick in the nuts! I care not a jot, now back to this excellent 12 year old Single Malt...

oh Eoin Doyle...

Edited by oafcprozac

1 hour ago, ChaddySmoker said:

You should have asked that lesbian barmaid for a cheese and onion butty (not a euphamism-unless you want it to be) @samsmithslover

Not enough differentiation when I  regularly have a cheese butty with a feminazi workout leaving the house 

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I tell you what we have freaking good goal of the season competition lined up at the end of this season.

Doyles today

Doyles at home to bury (brilliant 1 touch move)

Doyles Van Bastonesque volley against Rochdale.

Byrnes 25 yard curler against Northampton

Dummigans 30 yard ripper at home to Bradford

Holloways volley right at the death to seal the win at home to Bury.

The Ducks goal at Ewood Park.

Davies goal at MK a 20 plus pass move out of defence.

We've seen some quality strikes this season I bet their is a few I've missed too.

Byrne at Bristol Rovers

Bryan against Fleetwood Home & Away 

Hell of a list 

9 hours ago, rigsby said:

Id suggest bury mk and dale are gone.

Which leaves one slot...personally id go for either wimbledon or northampton.

I think next season might be the first i approach with optimisn for a long long time..

If MK can get rid of their manager, and appoint someone who knows what they are doing, then they have half a chance. They have some really good players in that squad...

4 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

If MK can get rid of their manager, and appoint someone who knows what they are doing, then they have half a chance. They have some really good players in that squad...

Was listening to his post match interview last night. He sounds like a fan who had too much money so he bought the managers job. Never heard of him before, does he have any previous managing/coaching pedigree.

Had a feeling we’d win when their early dominance didn’t produce anything.

The pitch wasn’t great, Pringle offered absolutely nothing, he isn’t dynamic enough to play on the wing.

Moimbe is quite quick but scares the hell out of me when he’s in our penalty box, dallies a hell of a lot.

McEleney is so far off the pace it’s scary, he needs to lose some weight and get used to the pace of the game. I’d start building to the first game of next season with him.

Byrne came alive when Doyle got on the pitch, grafted his arse off to. If we are able to sign Doyle next season - he 100% would choose us over any other league 1 team if money wasn’t an issue - then him and Doyle could easily fire us towards the playoffs

52 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Was listening to his post match interview last night. He sounds like a fan who had too much money so he bought the managers job. Never heard of him before, does he have any previous managing/coaching pedigree.

Yep he was at Franchise's Academy for a few years before moving to the FA where he became England u16 manager. 

Considering Franchise's fans are looking to set up a trust to buy out their owner, I think some serious cost-cutting is going on and MK will be focusing on youth development for a few years. 

7 hours ago, nzlatic said:

In an indie club in London, singing the Eoin Doyle song by myself. Fucking magnificent result ?

Outstanding behaviour my friend. I was doing similar but only at my girlfriend's house in Macclesfield. She isn't too enamored with the lyrics. I have pointed out to her that she isn't my wife and, until the divorce comes through, I am technically still married. He has my permission to bang that cow as often as he likes.

(I'm not bitter and I did mellow my description down to cow. I thought adulterous bitch was a bit strong.)

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Not very complimentary merit marks in today's  Sun, mainly 4s and 5s out of 10.

Don't buy the Sun. 

Did they actually have a reporter there or because there were limited games outside the top flight have they been forced to cover more of our game?

21 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Not very complimentary merit marks in today's  Sun, mainly 4s and 5s out of 10.

Thought the second half, especially after the subs came on was a very high-quality game. The standard of passing and general skills was championship level.

Don't know if it has been fully mentioned but the defence was outstanding, it looks so much more balanced with a natural left back.  Gardener and Fane broke up so many attacking moves and although we all got excited by Doyle's return Gardener was my MOTM.  Gardeners return to form has coincided with Oldhams return to form.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Had a feeling we’d win when their early dominance didn’t produce anything.

The pitch wasn’t great, Pringle offered absolutely nothing, he isn’t dynamic enough to play on the wing.

Moimbe is quite quick but scares the hell out of me when he’s in our penalty box, dallies a hell of a lot.

McEleney is so far off the pace it’s scary, he needs to lose some weight and get used to the pace of the game. I’d start building to the first game of next season with him.

Byrne came alive when Doyle got on the pitch, grafted his arse off to. If we are able to sign Doyle next season - he 100% would choose us over any other league 1 team if money wasn’t an issue - then him and Doyle could easily fire us towards the playoffs

Fuckinell mate miss you so much ⬇️〽️??

8 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Don't buy the Sun. 

Did they actually have a reporter there or because there were limited games outside the top flight have they been forced to cover more of our game?

I don't buy it either, but my brother does and I read his copy of the limited match report and ratings.