Wimbledon!

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You don’t give a fuck? 

But you take the time to comment. ?

It wasn’t in game. So. . You’ve read my posts on another thread, and just presumed to know what I meant? Nice one. 

‘My thinly veiled wellens out campaign’ is laughable. I’ll explain what happened. . . I came on my football clubs forum to ask other fans how they think he’s doing. Some agree some don’t. Seems to me you can’t comprenened that, without jumping to conclusions. 

Calm down son, you're getting over emotional.

Hate the crap viewing for away supporters at Kingsmeadow............so I stayed schtum and snuggled up to the home supporters.  Kept very quiet for all the goals.  Thought Latices were excellent and a bit unlucky to go in  1-0 down at half time.  The second half was pretty much all Latics, and when Wimbledon went ahead after all that Oldham pressure there was disbelief among my fellow spectators.  The view seemed to be that we were the better side, although their perception (and they were baffled by it) was that we weren't interested in winning it.  A draw would do fine thanks.  Might not turn out to be enough but I'd have taken it before the match.

As someone who sees Latics rarely, I thought Gardner was immense, and Byrne was his equal in the second half.  Didn't think much of Nazon, and then he scored 2 goals.  Wonderful player!  A gold star too to Edmundson and Hamer.  Hope they're regulars next season.

39 minutes ago, sloth said:

Hate the crap viewing for away supporters at Kingsmeadow............so I stayed schtum and snuggled up to the home supporters.  Kept very quiet for all the goals.  Thought Latices were excellent and a bit unlucky to go in  1-0 down at half time.  The second half was pretty much all Latics, and when Wimbledon went ahead after all that Oldham pressure there was disbelief among my fellow spectators.  The view seemed to be that we were the better side, although their perception (and they were baffled by it) was that we weren't interested in winning it.  A draw would do fine thanks.  Might not turn out to be enough but I'd have taken it before the match.

As someone who sees Latics rarely, I thought Gardner was immense, and Byrne was his equal in the second half.  Didn't think much of Nazon, and then he scored 2 goals.  Wonderful player!  A gold star too to Edmundson and Hamer.  Hope they're regulars next season.

Sorry don't agree. 

First half we were crap hence getting booed off at HT. 

Davies clearly not match fit. God knows why Wellens started with him instead of Holloway.

And Tope just lacks quality. Quick yes but often runs round like a headless chicken! 

Still can't understand not starting with Byrne again. We looked a different team when he came on at HT. He's our best bloody player. It's up to Wellens to manage and motivate him properly not keep dropping him and bringing him on at HT. 90 mins of Jack and Holloway and we would have won no question today. 

Do agree though Gardner was my MOM... He put in a right shift today, and the lads Hamer and Edmundson looked solid at the back. Fane also disciplined and effective today. 

Just a bit pissed of its a game we could and should have won if Wellens got his side right from the start.

Our best 11 is the11 who finished today so let's hope he sticks with this on Tuesday as it looks like Gerrard is out which will be a blow as he won everything in the air today.

5 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Sorry don't agree. 

First half we were crap hence getting booed off at HT. 

Davies clearly not match fit. God knows why Wellens started with him instead of Holloway.

And Tope just lacks quality. Quick yes but often runs round like a headless chicken! 

Still can't understand not starting with Byrne again. We looked a different team when he came on at HT. He's our best bloody player. It's up to Wellens to manage and motivate him properly not keep dropping him and bringing him on at HT. 90 mins of Jack and Holloway and we would have won no question today. 

Do agree though Gardner was my MOM... He put in a right shift today, and the lads Hamer and Edmundson looked solid at the back. Fane also disciplined and effective today. 

Just a bit pissed of its a game we could and should have won if Wellens got his side right from the start.

Our best 11 is the11 who finished today so let's hope he sticks with this on Tuesday as it looks like Gerrard is out which will be a blow as he won everything in the air today.

He started Davis because he is desperate to reignite his partnership with Doyle.As soon as Davis could walk unaided he was going to be selected. To be fair in the circumstances I thought he lut a decent shift in and was as effective as Holloway

16 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

If only Holloway had taken the shot in the last minute instead of crossing for Doyle?

but we'll never know. 

Very good second half inspired by Byrne.

He’s a enigma Byrne. 

It must be a dilemma for wellens. Trust him with a starting place and he can let you down. Bench him, and/or piss him off, and he’s a match winner. 

Our best player. . But starts on the bench. 

Frustrating for all concerned. 

Yeah.  I couldn't hear booing from where I stood at the opposite end of the ground.  I thought we put in a good attacking shift in the first half - a couple of very near misses - I was stood close to the Wimbledon goal.

To say we were crap is harsh, but the goal we conceded was a stinker.

20 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Seems like Fane could have done better with both goals conceded. 

Looked like we should have won that game though from fans reports and brief highlights..http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/11341867/afc-wimbledon-2-2-oldham

Halloway has to go for goal with that chance at the end of that video. 2 terrible goals we have conceded there. 

36 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Looked like we should have won that game though from fans reports and brief highlights..http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/11341867/afc-wimbledon-2-2-oldham

Would definitely agree, especially for their 2nd.

If he plays for us next season expect us to struggle again.

15 minutes ago, daniel said:

Halloway has to go for goal with that chance at the end of that video. 2 terrible goals we have conceded there. 

From the highlights I’m not sure. The header down to Nazon certainly isn’t a wrong option.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

27 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Would definitely agree, especially for their 2nd.

If he plays for us next season expect us to struggle again.

24 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

Im one of the ones who think fane is a useful asset... But.... As we go into the next week and draws not being good enough, he wouldn't be playing in the next two games for me. 

I just don’t get it..

The first goal is down to Hamer who lets the ball hit him and bounce to Meades. Hamer then hesitates allowing the shot.

The second goal is down to Gardner and Fane allowing the forward to get in between them and lay the ball back to Pigott.

It seems to me that Fane is an easy target for some. Today he did what he is the team to do and did it well.

We gave another goal away near the start and their second was against the run of play.Very poor first half considering the importance but came back strongly in the second half and had a couple of goal mouth scrambles where we could have nicked it.

Great crowd and  good atmosphere and  their fans are always friendly.

The view is rubbish and away fans should be put behind one end instead of shunted into a glorified hut..

Need to get at least a win from the remains 2 home matches. 

Naz scores again  2 vital goals.Keep em coming Naz since the others seem to have lost their  goal scoring touch.

Edited by Flemboy
Spelling

6 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I just don’t get it..

The first goal is down to Hamer who lets the ball hit him and bounce to Meades. Hamer then hesitates allowing the shot.

The second goal is down to Gardner and Fane allowing the forward to get in between them and lay the ball back to Pigott.

It seems to me that Fane is an easy target for some. Today he did what he is the team to do and did it well.

Meades who Fane was marking at the corner and who is then not close enough to stop Meades' shot. 

Fane chases back with Meades but then stops and actually isn't chasing back anywhere near fast enough. Gardner should do better but Meades is quite clearly Fane's man. 

But hey he runs around. Except when he doesn't and the opposition score because he stops running, but let's not blame him. 

I think part of the issue with Fane is he doesn't know where to run and when he needs to run faster. This was exemplified for me at Wigan. 

19 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Well slowly but surely more are starting to see the weakness in Fane-you and I think its WelshGaz  (oh and of course Mr Wellens) are the last to be converted. Unfortunately the season is nearly over and it MAY be too late. But even if we do get relegated it will still be a couple of leagues too high for Fannys ability.

I don’t blame Fane for us being in relegation trouble but having players as poor as him selected every week is absolutely a big part of why we are down there.

It is a little ironic that RW doesn’t seem to know his best team or tactics but is somehow certain that the least talented player in our squad must start !

8 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Meades who Fane was marking at the corner and who is then not close enough to stop Meades' shot. 

Fane chases back with Meades but then stops and actually isn't chasing back anywhere near fast enough. Gardner should do better but Meades is quite clearly Fane's man. 

But hey he runs around. Except when he doesn't and the opposition score because he stops running, but let's not blame him. 

I think part of the issue with Fane is he doesn't know where to run and when he needs to run faster. This was exemplified for me at Wigan. 

The point I make is that attributing the blame solely to Fane is the easy option. No mention of Hamer’s mistake and no mention of Gardner getting in the way, it’s all down to Fane. For some it’s his fault that we are in the position we’re in, no one else.

We can all microanalyse an individual’s performance and at the moment there is a number on here who cannot wait to pick Fane as the man at fault. He has his limits as a footballer but he also has his strengths.  

Everyone has his/her opinion, that’s what this board is all about. Mine is that Ousmane is a vital member of the team and starting without him at the moment would weaken the team. 

That’s all. ?

Edited by TheBigDog

30 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

The point I iske is that attributing the blame solely to Fite is the easy option. No mention of Hamer’s mistake and no mention of Gardner getting in the way, it’s all down to Fane. For some it’s his fault that we are in the position we’re in, no one else.

We can all microanalyse an individual’s performance and at the moment there is a number on here who cannot wait to pick Fane as the man at fault. He has his limits as a footballer but he also has his strengths.  

Everyone has his/her opinion, that’s what this board is all about. Mine is that Ousmane is a vital member of the team and starting without him at the moment would weaken the team. 

That’s all. ?

Selecting a player who cannot kick a football Is like selecting a player who blows out of his arse after 30 minutes. No matter how u dress It up

24 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

The point I make is that attributing the blame solely to Fane is the easy option. No mention of Hamer’s mistake and no mention of Gardner getting in the way, it’s all down to Fane. For some it’s his fault that we are in the position we’re in, no one else.

That’s all. ?

Agree with Big Dog on this one. 

Fane was decent yesterday on the whole and does the job we need him to do. Blaming him for the goals is conceded yesterday is a bit lame and it's probably people who were not there having a go as the reason we conceded wasn't Fane. Particularly the first one where the whole team seemed to stand still and watch for a couple of seconds. 

Out of interest who would all the Fane haters on here (no pun intended) play instead of him in his role ? 

Over the season I suggest we'd be in an even worse position than we are if he wasn't in the team. He's not the most gifted player in the squad granted but there are plenty out there who see his value