7 hours ago, rudemedic said:

No other business has the same sort of law, produced after a bunch of lies, in effect as football does. Football could cope with mixing home and away fans, but only certain away fans, children with their parents and those who are older (probably younger than OAP level but not by much), as examples. Anything else is a bit of a risk, given the Green Street wannabes, who seem to follow every club (see the pushing and shoving yesterday). 

The deep-seated pride in your team and hatred of others stems back to our cave-dwelling times. OK Oldham and Northampton are not exactly rivals, but it doesn’t take much for incidents to happen.

I'm confused if you are in favour of or against restrictions 

3 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Sensible ones. 

The current legislation isn't sensible, unless it is applied equally to all sports, concerts, etc. 

But you talked about caveman behaviour and the likelihood of fighting. That doesn't go on at swimming galas or organ recitals.

7 minutes ago, leeslover said:

But you talked about caveman behaviour and the likelihood of fighting. That doesn't go on at swimming galas or organ recitals.

True but I don't know many swimming galas that serve beer. I don't know many organ recitals that have fan bases supporting the wind and string sections separately. 

My point is that Rugby and cricket fans can mix, and I've seen fights in the stands at Rugby and cricket matches. Why can't some football fans be allowed to mix. Same applies to drinking alcohol and watching the game. 

I've seen fights at concerts too but not opera. 

If someone so inclined did the research and found there were more of a protected group who watch football, the government would have a hard time enforcing a law that indirectly discriminates. 

31 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

True but I don't know many swimming galas that serve beer. I don't know many organ recitals that have fan bases supporting the wind and string sections separately. 

My point is that Rugby and cricket fans can mix, and I've seen fights in the stands at Rugby and cricket matches. Why can't some football fans be allowed to mix. Same applies to drinking alcohol and watching the game. 

If someone so inclined did the research and found there were more of a protected group who watch football, the government would have a hard time enforcing a law that indirectly discriminates. 

"Some football fans"

How you deciding who is allowed to mix?

31 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Why do you want to be able to sit/stand with opposition fans? 

Being next to many of our own is bad enough... 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Why do you want to be able to sit/stand with opposition fans? 

Being next to many of our own is bad enough... 

If the choice was not seeing a game I wanted to see and sitting next to someone supporting the opposition I'd choose sitting next to someone supporting the opposition. 

The original discussion was about not giving us more tickets and some fans going into the home end. 

59 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Home stand, away stand, middle class stand.

19 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I once sat next to Joanna Lumley at Glyndebourne.  She was ready to kick right off.

I queued behind Pam Shriver at a buffet at a tennis tournament. I wouldn't have fancied my chances of I'd touched her vol-au-vents.

13 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Anyway, it's a piece of piss getting tickets through the inter-web. West Stand, upper left, 1-10. 

See you all there!!

If you have paid using a card registered to an Oldham/Manchester address, you won’t be getting in on those tickets.