If we go down, would you keep Wellens?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. If we go down, would you keep Wellens?

• Yes
    • No

14 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Where is the evidence that players stopped playing for him? If things were that bad he would have been fired by now regardless of cost.

Evidence? League Two football next season and he should have walked the very second it was confirmed. 

You can't defend the indefensible 

3 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Evidence? League Two football next season and he should have walked the very second it was confirmed. 

You can't defend the indefensible 

Mombie should be the one to walk and swim all the way back to France. he lost us 2 valuable points against Gillingham at a crucial time

Also if you apply your theory I suppose Warne should have walked the end of the previous season at Rotherham taking them down on 23 points. Hes now just taken them back up so i think your theory is a bit flawed concerning young managers learning their trade.

Edited by Smiler13

21 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Mombie should be the one to walk and swim all the way back to France. he lost us 2 valuable points against Gillingham at a crucial time

Also if you apply your theory I suppose Warne should have walked the end of the previous season at Rotherham taking them down on 23 points. Hes now just taken them back up so i think your theory is a bit flawed concerning young managers learning their trade.

We should have been out of sight by then, something was wrong off the pitch and nothing has changed. 

Have lessons been learned from it? Hell no 

4 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

We should have been out of sight by then, something was wrong off the pitch and nothing has changed. 

Have lessons been learned from it? Hell no 

I don't  think you can say that this early into a new season. A ball has not been kicked yet and to say that lessons have not been learned is a bit harsh.

2 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

I don't  think you can say that this early into a new season. A ball has not been kicked yet and to say that lessons have not been learned is a bit harsh.

Being honest never gets you any friends but here goes again 

I don't want him as the manager of my club from the moment we went down, does that make any further lessons past or future clearer? 

1 minute ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Being honest never gets you any friends but here goes again 

I don't want him as the manager of my club from the moment we went down, does that make any further lessons past or future clearer? 

Well tough he his our manager so either support another team or accept it and move on

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smiler13 said:

Well tough he his our manager so either support another team or accept it and move on

I was supporting Oldham Athletic way before wellens was thought about, I'm going nowhere but we'll see if he has what it takes to stay 

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

Paul Warne took Rotherham down and made mistakes in his first season, however hes just taken them back up by trusting his younger players and weeding out the primadonna's, and having an older captain with a belief to succeed.  

This comparison's been made a few times.  Warne was relegated with Rotherham team punching above its weight in the Championship.  We were in League One for two decades...

19 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

This comparison's been made a few times.  Warne was relegated with Rotherham team punching above its weight in the Championship.  We were in League One for two decades...

Fare point

18 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

And punching above our weight for much of the recent time...

Wellens might well be hopeless but he deserves a longer period for that to be determined.

4 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

I don’t even really care that much about relegation anymore. Division four is like a smidge shitter than division three. Who really cares?

I know what you mean and am starting to come to terms with it.  Shit man maybe even looking forward to playing some different teams. But we are now a smidge further away from the championship and somewhat better football also. 

5 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

I don’t even really care that much about relegation anymore. Division four is like a smidge shitter than division three. Who really cares?

I agree....now

Last few seasons I’ve been unbearably underwhelmed when the fixtures are announced because we’re playing the same shit teams in the same shit league. This coming season we’ll be playing different shit teams in a different shit league. 

21 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

I care.

I don’t like it that my team is now one bad season away from dropping out of the league.

I was looking forward to playing Sunderland.

I was looking forward to Wycombe Away - a few beers at The George in West Wycombe and then walking over the hill and down to Adams Park.

it’s sad that I may never see Eoin Doyle in a Latics shirt again.

I don’t like it that I won’t be adding Accrington to my ‘Away grounds that I have seen Latics play at’ list.

However...

There is Tranmere

Moss Rose 

There is Forest Green as a new ground

There is Morecambe as a new ground too 

Swindon on the train

Exeter’s crappy away terrace 

Hmmmm?

8 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I care.

I don’t like it that my team is now one bad season away from dropping out of the league.

I was looking forward to playing Sunderland.

I was looking forward to Wycombe Away - a few beers at The George in West Wycombe and then walking over the hill and down to Adams Park.

it’s sad that I may never see Eoin Doyle in a Latics shirt again.

I don’t like it that I won’t be adding Accrington to my ‘Away grounds that I have seen Latics play at’ list.

However...

There is Tranmere

Moss Rose 

There is Forest Green as a new ground

There is Morecambe as a new ground too 

Swindon on the train

Exeter’s crappy away terrace 

Hmmmm?

Don't knock Exeter they are building a new stand for visiting supporters for next season

3 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

I was supporting Oldham Athletic way before wellens was thought about, I'm going nowhere but we'll see if he has what it takes to stay 

I'm not sure what planet you love on judging by some of your posts. 

Is it just purely football where you expect a manager to walk and not be pushed after he has failed?  Or would you expect any Tom, Dick or Harry in the "normal world" with mortgages etc to pay to just walk and screw themselves over?

You also said the players shouldn't be trying to get a better deal or play higher up, they should right their wrongs and stay here. Where in life do people not look out for themselves and try and get the best deal they can?

Cloud cuckoo land if you think footballers are any different to normal working folk

36 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Haven't they demolished two sides of their ground for rebuilding?

One side is nearly rebuilt already and the stand behind the goal is expected to be finished before the start of the season

21 hours ago, dannyboy55555 said:

66.67% to be precise :)

Was just going off my memory of what i saw the % at, didn't realise this was the post :blink: oops. I blame russian twitter bots for skewing the results