If we go down, would you keep Wellens?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. If we go down, would you keep Wellens?

• Yes
    • No

On 5/31/2018 at 6:23 PM, mcfluff1985 said:

I'm not sure what planet you love on judging by some of your posts. 

Is it just purely football where you expect a manager to walk and not be pushed after he has failed?  Or would you expect any Tom, Dick or Harry in the "normal world" with mortgages etc to pay to just walk and screw themselves over?

You also said the players shouldn't be trying to get a better deal or play higher up, they should right their wrongs and stay here. Where in life do people not look out for themselves and try and get the best deal they can?

Cloud cuckoo land if you think footballers are any different to normal working folk

I take it your not an Employer?

You don't pay people just because they need the money and if what you're saying applied then most would be found out purely because they're not up to the job,

you have to earn a 'Better deal' and some of these freeloaders won't cut it playing 'higher up' because they've already failed lower down. 

If you think 'Blagging' your way through life is the way forward then just remember where it's got our club!

2 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

I take it your not an Employer?

You don't pay people just because they need the money and if what you're saying applied then most would be found out purely because they're not up to the job,

you have to earn a 'Better deal' and some of these freeloaders won't cut it playing 'higher up' because they've already failed lower down. 

If you think 'Blagging' your way through life is the way forward then just remember where it's got our club!

You've gone to the perspective of the club now? I was talking about your view that because someone (Wellens) hasn't done a good job they should walk away from their pay packet. Who would do that? Nobody in real life unless they're absolutely loaded.

And why would the players stay here out of some moral crusade to get the club back to league one if they got offered the chance of a better wage or playing higher up? 

If I have a shit year at work and don't hit target then some other better company offered me a better job and better money I wouldn't take it? Ha! Course I would. 

15 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

and your previous employer would think thank fuck that waste of a wage has conned some other company and possibly (Leeds ) will sack you in about 8 weeks and get another chancer in whose ability doesnt match his agents ability to get results. Such is modern football happy to take a wage and pass the responsibility whilst actually being neither a team player or a leader. 

They probably would yes. This is what happens though. People aren't loyal to their employer in most cases. It's just a wage a lot of the time footballers are no different. Its also the case a lot that employers aren't particularly loyal. Also see football as a great example 

5 hours ago, OldHallam said:

and your previous employer would think thank fuck that waste of a wage has conned some other company and possibly (Leeds ) will sack you in about 8 weeks and get another chancer in whose ability doesnt match his agents ability to get results. Such is modern football happy to take a wage and pass the responsibility whilst actually being neither a team player or a leader. 

This is how I see it in any walk of life, work hard and get the rewards from it or be a complete waster and no bloody use to yourself let alone your employer.

Sadly the new owner has put his faith in the latter but hopefully it will all come out in the wash early doors and he'll weed out the deadwood in order his investment comes good, the poor guy must be thinking what the hell have I got myself into? the very least he must of been expecting was to actually stay in the division and built from there.

Now his position is now as volatile as the stock market and a massive gamble that could finish him before he's even started, so for folk like mcfluff1985 to come out with such crass, I don't give a shite comments is beyond me.

Maybe he should cut his losses and walk now before the new season, shut up shop and adopt the same attitude, then you'd have something proper to be so smug about.

Edited by OLDHAMADE
name missed out

32 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Now his position is now as volatile as the stock market and a massive gamble that could finish him before he's even started, so for folk like mcfluff1985 to come out with such crass, I don't give a shite comments is beyond me.

Maybe he should cut his losses and walk now before the new season, shut up shop and adopt the same attitude, then you'd have something proper to be so smug about.

Can you actually read? What are you talking about? When have I said I don't give a shite? I said that's the way football is. Footballers are out for themselves nobody else. Players and managers show no loyalty. Neother do clubs themselves. Who's being smug? You just can't read pal.

On 02/06/2018 at 7:10 PM, mcfluff1985 said:

Can you actually read? What are you talking about? When have I said I don't give a shite? I said that's the way football is. Footballers are out for themselves nobody else. Players and managers show no loyalty. Neother do clubs themselves. Who's being smug? You just can't read pal.

All right, chill out before this turns into something I need to waste time moderating please. 

I agree with your main point. There's next to no loyalty in football. People talk about the club and fans affording loyalty to Wellens; I guarantee he'll be off if he gets an offer from near enough anyone else (he should be so lucky), just like when he played for us.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

A man who knocks women about?  No thanks.

Im not condoning domestic abuse but I wouldnt hold that as a reason to not employ him 10 years after the 1 isolated incident. If it was the reason he was sacked from his last job Id give him a wide birth.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Im not condoning domestic abuse but I wouldnt hold that as a reason to not employ him 10 years after the 1 isolated incident. If it was the reason he was sacked from his last job Id give him a wide birth.

I appreciate many will disagree, and I'm not saying he has no right to be employed, but I'd prefer the club strived to have the good reputation it had when I started supporting Latics.  A manager with a past conviction for assaulting a woman, not to mention the fact he's an absolute gobshite, wouldn't be for me.

12 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

I appreciate many will disagree, and I'm not saying he has no right to be employed, but I'd prefer the club strived to have the good reputation it had when I started supporting Latics.  A manager with a past conviction for assaulting a woman, not to mention the fact he's an absolute gobshite, wouldn't be for me.

Signing someone with Baxters record doesn't really go any way to erasing the tarnished reputation but I totally agree with the regards to him being a gobshite, I had the displeasure to share his company on one occasion and a bigger bell end you will struggle to meet.