"Got everthing he wanted"

Placide, Moimbe, Nazon, Menig, De La Paz, Nepomuceno, Maouche, Omrani, Benteke. Do this list still show that Richie Wellens was backed and got everything he wanted? You can include Shez in that who clearly saw it happening and clearly didn't want to pick Placide!

The chairman needs to stop playing Championship manager and Wellens is right the ethos and recruitment has to change for us to be a success next season or in the future. So many fans look at Dale as a model to follow and think Hill is a good manager. Well he gets time at Dale yo build the team he wants despite relegation. If they sacked their manager every year they'd be us!

Like or loathe him RW he has a connection to this club that so many scream for every year when we loan players who 'don't give a shit about the club'. He needs to be backed imo and the club need to let him do his job. 

RW has made some mistakes there is no getting away from that but realistically who will replace him? Does anybody want a foreign coach with a team full of imports that's like this bunch that have proved they are not up to the standard required.

Worrying times ahead if we announce his departure this week. IMO 

Pringle, Benyu, Byrne, Doyle and Bryan. 

No manager gets everything they want. 

We played pretty much every team in the bottom half in the last 8 weeks and won none of them! It was ours to lose and we threw it away. 

1 minute ago, josh_latics said:

We played pretty much every team in the bottom half in the last 8 weeks and won none of them! It was ours to lose and we threw it away. 

3 of those players were brought in before Wellens.

6 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

He brought them all back in Jan though. Didn't have to. 

Lol no he didn't. Did nobody want them at Boundary Park? 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and if Doyle hadn't come back then maybe someone else would have scored the goals needed and I guarentee everyone would be sat there now saying if only Doyle had signed we'd be safe weeks ago. Sometimes it doesn't work how to your expect.

32 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Placide, Moimbe, Nazon, Menig, De La Paz, Nepomuceno, Maouche, Omrani, Benteke. Do this list still show that Richie Wellens was backed and got everything he wanted? You can include Shez in that who clearly saw it happening and clearly didn't want to pick Placide!

The chairman needs to stop playing Championship manager and Wellens is right the ethos and recruitment has to change for us to be a success next season or in the future. So many fans look at Dale as a model to follow and think Hill is a good manager. Well he gets time at Dale yo build the team he wants despite relegation. If they sacked their manager every year they'd be us!

Like or loathe him RW he has a connection to this club that so many scream for every year when we loan players who 'don't give a shit about the club'. He needs to be backed imo and the club need to let him do his job. 

RW has made some mistakes there is no getting away from that but realistically who will replace him? Does anybody want a foreign coach with a team full of imports that's like this bunch that have proved they are not up to the standard required.

See what your saying mike but his signings Benyu (who he stated he had scouted himself), Mceleney (speaks for itself non existent), Pringle (not the player we needed) - all have been poor. Nazon wasn’t a wellens signing but without him the last 6 games we would have been relegated ages ago. Miombe has cost us against Gillingham and Blackburn but think he is one of the better left backs we have had in a long time. 

47 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

I've got a lot of sympathy for your views here, I just worry whether RW is the right guy to take us forward.

Totally agree that AL's influence in the dressing room - if that is established fact - must somehow be curbed. And I don't see the sense in changing manager yet again if the new guy is parachuted in from overseas with no knowledge of L2. But maybe an experienced and motivational manager - if there is one out there and we can afford him - would be a better shout than RW.

Don't think RW wanted the injury list we've had but that said he has picked a team with what was available and what he thought were the best options albeit unsuccessfully . Plus points are Edmundson and Hamer have stepped up and shown they are worthy of their places in the team 

I do see the logic of the changing of the manager.

But regardless whatever manager comes in if we have this muddled thinking approach to signing players and if the manager isnt backed and has players forced on him then we will only go one way and it wont be forwards.

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I do see the logic of the changing of the manager.

But regardless whatever manager comes in if we have this muddled thinking approach to signing players and if the manager isnt backed and has players forced on him then we will only go one way and it wont be forwards.

Another 20+ years sideways ? Halfway through Lemsagem telling us we should be happy we’ve got a football league club fighting for 19th year on year with crowds of 500 ? 

1 hour ago, josh_latics said:

My concern was most were not treated as must win games.

Every game is must win to my mind.

Wellens has been dealt a shit hand but I suspect he knew that was the case when he took the job after all he was Shez's right hand man when the shit hit the fan pre season, dread who we will appoint if he goes though but more than anything what grips my shit in all this is how chairman and manager alike seem to be using our club and dragging it down without worrying about the consequences and I include both chairman and managers we've operated under this season, fucking sort it out before we do an Orient or a Stockport because trust me thats the way its going. 

2 hours ago, palmer1 said:

I agree entirely- unless we can get Conte if he leaves Chelsea

The original post makes its point well, but I don’t think the fact Wellens has a connection to the club justifies staying at the helm, nor does the fact that we might appoint a foreign coach who doesn’t know the league

For me Wellens has to go. We failed with a team that shouldn’t have, and most tellingly at the point at which it mattered Wellens couldn’t get a response from them. That’s as basic as it gets.

A manager who knows the league and players who know the league, I hope. Sprinkling a few exotic signings is fine but the number we’ve had this season that have literally had no influence whatsoever is criminal 

2 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

If you dig out those videos that made out we were like Brazil and watch the extended highlights from that run we had before Christmas you’d say it’s impossible we ended up in the position we were in.

I’m gona say you watched about 85% of our matches at least twice and 55% minimum with your moaning head on?

4 hours ago, palmer1 said:

Lol no he didn't. Did nobody want them at Boundary Park? 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and if Doyle hadn't come back then maybe someone else would have scored the goals needed and I guarentee everyone would be sat there now saying if only Doyle had signed we'd be safe weeks ago. Sometimes it doesn't work how to your expect.

However he chose to bring them back, so that was his choice as he thought it was the right thing to do; you are correct nobody can say they didn’t want any of them back.

Wellens has to look at himself, why he continually played Byrne as a right midfielder, formation s being poo and fundamentally his man Management left a lot to be desired. At the end of the day Wellens had zip experience as a manager and was great to starts with, but then the new manager bounce waned and then we set the true test of he can hack it when backs are against the wall.

He was shown to be found wanting, he is busy blaming everyone else other then holding his hands up and taking some form of responsibility on his own shoulders. Everyone makes mistakes, the true value of a person is being honest enough about it, I have seen nothing from Wellens that he is that honest, just finger pointing at others.

Question is if he got everything he wanted and the chairman backed him out the hilt, do we have confidence he will get us back up, personally I don’t from what I have seen in his teams,  formations, subs, man management and post match. I would love someone with history at our club to succeed, I am just not convinced Mr Wellens has what it takes.

Another thing I have read often is that 'our best player' Byrne was played out of position where he has little effect. Now ok if you think he was out of position wide then when he did play central what did he do that was so effective that made him so undroppable.

I swear I watched him most of the season coming central all game no matter his starting position and only producing something of note in about 1 in every 5 or 6 games or less. He was arguably his most effective after having been dropped which I would class a very good management wouldn't you? 

This is by no means a post saying Byrne is a bad player just one asking simply does our 'best player' actually give us enough wide or central? 

Edited by palmer1

Difficult to complain about the Abdallah signings if you're responsible for bringing in Benyu, Pringle and McEleney.

It's funny looking back at comments that Shez had to go because of his refusal to play Placide, whom he didn't rate.  And Placide turned out to be a bit shit after all.