Squad movements, summer 2018

Just now, simplythemostimportantkick said:

No mention of his suspension  on anything official ? Or just some jackanory on here ?

Could be yes. You would have thought that FB might have explained why Byrne has been missing from the last few games though. Surely he’d be playing in the run up to the season. Jose has got a knock but there’s been no mention of Byrne being injured.

I got the distinct impression at the ‘Meet the Manager’ evening that they will mostly keep everything in house so perhaps that’s why nothing has been said officially about any suspension. I’m sure they’d say if he was injured.

All speculation I know, but sometimes there’s no smoke without fire.

16 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

I'd suggest Wellens played him RM because he wanted to play 2 up top and this was the place he could fit him in. We could have the same problem with Baxter. 

Yep. Did he ever really give Doyle up top on his own and Byrne as a number 10 a proper go?

4 minutes ago, latics22 said:

How can u ever say someone meant to break someone’s  ankle? It could have been an accident, or meant to hurt. It would take a brave man to say he purposely went out to break his ankle.

It's his fibula that is broken and his ankle is dislocated. I give you Roy Keane and Alf Inge Haaland. The Irish twat admitted he deliberately went into the "tackle" to cause injury. I'm not saying that Byrne (if it was him) intentionally injured Fane, but it is odd that there has been no mention of why he hasn't featured in the last two games. It could, of course, been reckless rather than intentional. We will know eventually so, until then, it's all speculation.

Edited by Bristolatic

9 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

It's his fibula that is broken and his ankle is dislocated. I give you Roy Keane and Alf Inge Haaland. The Irish twat admitted he deliberately went into the "tackle" to cause injury. I'm not saying that Byrne (if it was him) intentionally injured Fane, but it is odd that there has been no mention of why he hasn't featured in the last two games. It could, of course, been reckless rather than intentional. We will know eventually so, until then, it's all speculation.

Keane kicked Haaland so hard he injured his other leg.

21 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I did tho k of Roy Keane as I wrote it? But that’s a completely different situation 

43 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

It's his fibula that is broken and his ankle is dislocated. I give you Roy Keane and Alf Inge Haaland. The Irish twat admitted he deliberately went into the "tackle" to cause injury. 

..and didn’t even injure him.

7 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Had this sent to me by somebody who works in football, not at Oldham. The bits scribbled out are players names of how he has heard about it but only showing you what I’ve received regarding this matter

068E4CB1-9C1A-4379-974B-1D10AAD6E729.jpeg

64E68BB8-3A72-4DB5-9F16-EBF072C6C6A8.jpeg

I was gonna do a joke about doing fane from behind but I think it’s getting a bit Baxter on Coke-ish. 

For what it’s worth I cannot for the life of me see us wanting to terminate his contract, however the bit about injuring Fane on purpose wouldn’t surprise me too much sadly.

Interesting debate about Byrne, certainly see both sides. If he does end up staying let’s hope we can get him firing

6 hours ago, BP1960 said:

How much more drama are we going have at this club?  It's like a soap opera  - although no scriptwriter could dream up such plots.

If he’s injured Fane on purpose then he should be out of the club as soon as possible. What does that sort of behaviour do for so called team spirit?!?!

Hopefully they will be able to get some sort of fee for him but his reputation within the game must be going down and down so I doubt that there’ll be a queue forming.

Maybe someone like Joey Barton might fancy his chances of getting the best out of him. He’s welcome to him as far as I’m concerned.

There’s a player in there somewhere - but only when he wants to play and on his terms.

I can see him back in Ireland in a couple of years. 

Edited by Gary1906
Typo error

58 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

If he’s injured Fane on purpose then he should be out of the club as soon as possible. What does that sort of behaviour do for so called team spirit?!?!

Hopefully they will be able to get some sort of fee for him but his reputation within the game must be going down and down so I doubt that there’ll be a queue forming.

Maybe someone like Joey Barton might fancy his chances of getting the best out of him. He’s welcome to him as far as I’m concerned.

There’s a player in their somewhere - but only when he wants to play and on his terms.

I can see him back in Ireland in a couple of years. 

Spot on. 

Only turns up when it suits him. 

Shame, as he’s a cut above when he can be arsed. 

12 hours ago, josh_latics said:

Yep. Did he ever really give Doyle up top on his own and Byrne as a number 10 a proper go?

As far as I remember wellens tried it once, and we beat Northampton at home 5-1...

Byrne scored two and got man of the match.

Edited by oldhamoafc