Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the minutes: http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/meeting-with-mr-lemsagam-qa-21-01-2020

Question

In terms of Season Tickets, how many are we budgeting to sell?

Answer

NA – We will use the survey that PTB completed and Dan asked if the numbers we projected appear accurate. Natalie said she hopes they aren’t. Steve said there must be a financial plan in place to say we expect to sell so many season tickets? Natalie said at board level, yes, and they would use the survey. A proposal will be put forward (by Natalie) around this before February. From a financial point of view if these kinds of numbers will be expected then it’s a case of saying we need to put x amount of money in. You’ve almost got to look at it another way in that Abdallah is subsidising the football club on a monthly basis so really any extra season tickets sold will be viewed as extra income. It can’t be seen as if the club sell 1,000 less season tickets then it’s going to fold.

9 minutes ago, Lags said:

That was cleared up earlier Singe. It seems more plausible of MD to say. I get you want everyone to be against the board like you. You'd like no one to buy ST's etc., yet you still want the club to do all the right things that takes money.  I've no issue with you wanting the board out, that's your right, but start doing some good whilst waging your crusade for the well being of our club.

Funny that you say you want and respect facts, and are fair and balanced, but ignore the ones  like above and the fact there are no CCJ's with OEC/FLG.

Is it sustainable? What if it's 1,500 or 2,000 less?

I just don't want the owner playing Russian Roulette with our club.

16 minutes ago, Lags said:

That was cleared up earlier Singe. It seems more plausible of MD to say. I get you want everyone to be against the board like you. You'd like no one to buy ST's etc., yet you still want the club to do all the right things that takes money.  I've no issue with you wanting the board out, that's your right, but start doing some good whilst waging your crusade for the well being of our club.

Lags, you don't know me & we've never met, so I'd ask you to refrain from creating fiction that you know my motivations or actions.

5 minutes ago, singe said:

Funny that you say you want and respect facts, and are fair and balanced, but ignore the ones  like above and the fact there are no CCJ's with OEC/FLG.

What facts do you refer? as for CCJ's/FLG I've not said any of that, I've not a clue.

You want no one to buy ST's, you advocate not a penny more etc., yet you say you're worried about not being sustainable. Which way do you want it?

1 minute ago, singe said:

Lags, you don't know me & we've never met, so I'd ask you to refrain from creating fiction that you know my motivations or actions.

I'll stand corrected if you so wish to do so. I am going off your past posts. I am open to anything.

12 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Here's the minutes: http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/meeting-with-mr-lemsagam-qa-21-01-2020

Question

In terms of Season Tickets, how many are we budgeting to sell?

Answer

NA – We will use the survey that PTB completed and Dan asked if the numbers we projected appear accurate. Natalie said she hopes they aren’t. Steve said there must be a financial plan in place to say we expect to sell so many season tickets? Natalie said at board level, yes, and they would use the survey. A proposal will be put forward (by Natalie) around this before February. From a financial point of view if these kinds of numbers will be expected then it’s a case of saying we need to put x amount of money in. You’ve almost got to look at it another way in that Abdallah is subsidising the football club on a monthly basis so really any extra season tickets sold will be viewed as extra income. It can’t be seen as if the club sell 1,000 less season tickets then it’s going to fold.

How can that be construed that fans money doesn't matter? 

"It can’t be seen as if the club sell 1,000 less season tickets then it’s going to fold" - so if we sell 500 will we still be ok? 200? 100? If he's willing to subsidise us regardless of income from the fans, fair play to him. I don't believe a word of it, but that's my right.

3 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

"It can’t be seen as if the club sell 1,000 less season tickets then it’s going to fold" - so if we sell 500 will we still be ok? 200? 100? If he's willing to subsidise us regardless of income from the fans, fair play to him. I don't believe a word of it, but that's my right.

It's my right to think that's been totally taken out of context due to the narrative you wish to follow. I see it, Natalie was allaying fears given the line of questioning was clearly about low numbers of ST's predicted via PTB survey. 

Anyway, I think I'll go prepare the tea. Roll on the season starting and some football to talk about.

27 minutes ago, singe said:

I'll give you the following: You've got the case number there, it was only 7 days ago.

COUNTY COURT JUDGEMENT OVERVIEW

20/08/2020
Judgement
G74YX765
-
COUNTY COURT MONEY CLAIMS CENTRE

45 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I'll give you the following: You've got the case number there, it was only 7 days ago.

COUNTY COURT JUDGEMENT OVERVIEW

20/08/2020
Judgement
G74YX765
-
COUNTY COURT MONEY CLAIMS CENTRE

🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

To get the thread back on track..any transfer rumours?

46 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Maybe the thread title ought to be changed to season ticket rumours?

Nice try BP. I've not heard any transfer rumours. Have you heard any transfer rumours?

:chubb:

8 hours ago, Whitts said:

I do not think anything about the coming season will be comparable to previous years.  Clubs will be operating with smaller squads and less revenue as a result of COVID-19.  It will be a fine balance of remaining solvent and trying to be competitive for many lower league clubs.  We are not the only ones in this situation; I have colleagues who are Grimsby Town fans, and they say they only have 9 first team players under contract.  It will be a busy couple of weeks but the days of bigger squads are probably no longer realistic.     

It could be that players are hanging on, hoping that the wage cap will not be enforced.

18 hours ago, Lags said:

Would you take Kieran Lee back? 33 and a free agent. Missed a lot of games 1-2 years back but last season was fit after ops.

More chance of Amy Lee.

I will give her a call when I have had a few.

I never call her when I'm sober...

But Kieran Lee. Yep.

The name of an impressive young winger at a National league club has been passed on to me by a top flight scout, which I've passed on to the club, they have had to release him as the terms offered were reduced and not accepted. My info is he moves like a bat out of hell.

Whether anything will come of this I don't know.

Just now, BP1960 said:

The name of an impressive young winger at a National league club has been passed on to me by a top flight scout, which I've passed on to the club, they have had to release him as the terms offered were reduced and not accepted. My info is he's very quick with a good work ethic.

Whether anything will come of this I don't know.

Archived