Transfer Rumours

10 in 30 for Morecambe last season.

Risky to rely on two inexperienced young lads to bang in the goals this season (inc. Surridge), but they've clearly shown some promise scoring a few goals for two of the poorest sides in the football league last season.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Was it not 10 in 30?!

Club Season League FA Cup League Cup Other Total
Division Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals
Wigan Athletic 2016–17[6] Championship 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
2017–18[7] League One 0 0 0 0 2 3 1[a] 2 3 5
Morecambe (loan) 2017–18[7] League Two 30 24 0 0 0 0 0 0 30 24
Career total 30 10 0 0 2 0 1 0 33 29

2 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

10 in 30 for Morecambe last season.

Risky to rely on two inexperienced young lads to bang in the goals this season (inc. Surridge), but they've clearly shown some promise scoring a few goals for two of the poorest sides in the football league last season.

They'll fit right in here then.

6 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Yes. And if the alternative pairing is Miller and O'Grady I'll take inexperience. Unfortunately mature proven strikers may be at a premium.

10 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

24 in 17/18 row and 10 in career total row ?

1 minute ago, Magic Mikey said:

Bit of a concern if he wasn't considered good enough to start over half of those games 

Could be good management in introducing him at the right time.

I.e. if he's quick and successful against tiring defenders.

Just now, Magic Mikey said:

Bit of a concern if he wasn't considered good enough to start over half of those games 

Really  why’s that. A young lad  won’t play every game   He good enough  to be wanted by premier league teams 

16 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Quoting Wikipedia as reliable when they currently have a deceased Deirdre Rashid campagining to release Jack Byrne probably isn’t wise 

7 minutes ago, Handsy said:

Really  why’s that. A young lad  won’t play every game   He good enough  to be wanted by premier league teams 

8 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Could be good management in introducing him at the right time.

I.e. if he's quick and successful against tiring defenders.

That's great if that's the case, sounds like he's got a lot of potential. There's a role for him here, we're still missing a starting partner for Surridge though.

If Cotterill isn’t signing which is looking highly likely. Why in this world did Bunn make some cloak and dagger statement along the lines of “we will keep that one to ourselves” why not say we looked at him but didn’t think he could improve us. Or any other bullshit instead of this weird secretive crap that seems to have sorrounded the club? I get they are trying to stop leaks but surely basic information can be past on. What did u have for breakfast Frankie? No comment, are u travelling by coach or plane sorry I can’t comment on that, did U score 6 goals for oldham in the competition, sorry I cannot conform or deny!!!

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

If Cotterill isn’t signing which is looking highly likely. Why in this world did Bunn make some cloak and dagger statement along the lines of “we will keep that one to ourselves” why not say we looked at him but didn’t think he could improve us. Or any other bullshit instead of this weird secretive crap that seems to have sorrounded the club? I get they are trying to stop leaks but surely basic information can be past on. What did u have for breakfast Frankie? No comment, are u travelling by coach or plane sorry I can’t comment on that, did U score 6 goals for oldham in the competition, sorry I cannot conform or deny!!!

I think its quite evident Bunn has conformed to the current chairmans demands

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

To be honest, I never really agree with what you say, however, I do feel you have a point within this post. If he isn't signing (not been present at the club for at least 7 days) then he may as well quash the rumours and put it to bed by explaining that he isn't signing. Like said in the post above, he can butter it up as if we didn't fancy him even if we did. No harm confirming that a player won't be signing for us if that's correct

Archived