Bunn Officially confirmed

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Part of me thinks no, he shouldn't be going into the changing room and berating the players for poor performance.

The other part of me thinks if I mess up royally at work then my boss's boss would tear me a new one, that's the way the world works.

Everyone has to deal with that in every walk of life unless they don't work or run their own business. There are always people running the ship that want and demand a certain level of performance and results

100% but going in after the Exeter game was fucking stupid, for a start we were the better team for long spells and played the better football but more pertinently every player gave their all which in my opinion they've been doing week after week for some time, do you honestly  think any of them messed up royally at work during the Exeter game? I don't - we were edged out by a team who are up there and had the outstanding player on the pitch in Stockley, sometimes in football you can just get beat by a better team in a game where both teams give their all and that was such a game, of course it's disappointing but every team loses football games even the very best, if I was one of them players I'd feel a little aggrieved because any sort of rollicking would be totally unjustified given what they'd done in previous weeks.

The sanctuary of the dressing room should be between players and coaches the owner shouldn't be interfering. If the owner however wanted to call a meeting this morning and give the players a piece of his mind he's more than entitled too he is entitled to pass on his displeasure.

While I don't think going into the dressing room and bollocking the players after the Exeter game was a good move from Lemsagam (assuming it happened) It shouldn't excuse a 6-0 defeat yesterday.

Edited by GlossopLatic

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The sanctuary of the dressing room should be between players and coaches the owner shouldn't be interfering. If the owner however wanted to call a meeting this morning and give the players a piece of his mind he's more than entitled too he is entitled to pass on his displeasure.

While I don't think going into the dressing room and bollock the players after exeter was a good move from Lemsagam (assuming it happened) It shouldn't excuse a 6-0 defeat yesterday.

I agree with this. Spot on that it doesn’t excuse yesterday even if it did happen. 

It would be a piss poor excuse and one I doubt the players would use...but some fans will and have.  

3 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Rightly or wrongly I think AL will sack him if we lose at Vale and replace him with Clarke. Yesterday was one of the worse days I've had in over 40 years supporting the club and at the end of the day the book stops with Bunn. 

Pros... Maybe a new approach, a few quid for the new manager to strengthen the squad in Jan and a big FA cup tie to look forward to may galvanise us for a 2 H playoff push

Against....the current squad and game strategy is obviously nor good enough, hence the crap results against sides above us, is Clarke good enough or a big enough change to make a difference, and will there be any money in Jan? 

To be honest I'm not that bothered either way after yesterday's fucking shambles. 

Will be reluctantly be going to Vale but can't be arsed to drive up for the Notts County game which is a sorry state of affairs. 

Player manager rarely work and we can’t afford to lose him as a player

2 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

It's all about timing.

AL goes in the dressing room after yesterday to give the players a piece of his mind then I doubt a single fan wouldn't do the same.  But doing it after the Exeter game and the run we'd been on would be absolutely the wrong time to do it. 

If I was a player and that happened to me I'd feel alienated by my boss and thinking that I could do better than this.  Hopefully Surridge, Lang et al aren't feeling this way.

Can't imagine it's improved our chances of keeping Surridge, put it that way... 

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Bunn has nowhere to go, he would have left when Rhodes got the bullet if he did.

If Lemsagam wants promotion then he needs to pay for it.

Hang on. .

I thought we just needed a better manager????

If AL isn’t paying for promotion, (which I agree he’s not) then surely the expectations of the manger should reflect that?

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Hang on. .

I thought we just needed a better manager????

If AL isn’t paying for promotion, (which I agree he’s not) then surely the expectations of the manger should reflect that?

Better manager would have us higher with current squad but better players required if he wants to guarantee promotion. Ya hear me?

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

So these dressing downs definitely happened? Three of them.  After which games?  Just askin’

could very well be four after yesterday and when they occurred doesn't really matter.

He shouldn't do it but it's his pram to throw the toys out of,if he wants to do that good luck to him.

One thing is for sure, this bloke is Jekyll and Hyde and it will cost him.

One minute slowy slowy catchy monkey the next is head pops :D 

Just now, archiecat said:

could very well be four after yesterday and when they occurred doesn't really matter.

He shouldn't do it but it's his pram to throw the toys out of,if he wants to do that good luck to him.

One thing is for sure, this bloke is Jekyll and Hyde and it will cost him.

One minute slowy slowy catchy monkey the next is head pops :D 

It certainly does matter.

Before Exeter we were unbeaten in 6 and playing some good stuff.  So are these ‘dressing downs’ disruptive or not!?   Are people saying that when we play well it is in spite of them but when we play badly it’s because of them?  How very convenient. 

Not buying it. 

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

It certainly does matter.

Before Exeter we were unbeaten in 6 and playing some good stuff.  So are these ‘dressing downs’ disruptive or not!?   Are people saying that when we play well it is in spite of them but when we play badly it’s because of them?  How very convenient. 

Not buying it. 

Well the one post Exeter doesn't appear to have created a positive effect if yesterday is anything to go by...

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Well the one post Exeter doesn't appear to have created a positive effect if yesterday is anything to go by...

Well done missing the entire point of my post.  

If if you honestly believe we lost 6-0 because of the 3rd in a series of 3 ‘dressing downs’ then you are extremely naive and gullible. 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Well done missing the entire point of my post.  

If if you honestly believe we lost 6-0 because of the 3rd in a series of 3 ‘dressing downs’ then you are extremely naive and gullible. 

😂😂😂😂😂

Yeah, I'm sure they were just the better team on the day, you see 6 nil drubbings happening all the time.