January Window Gossip/Rumours

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

As for Hunt being this next to be forced out is he by any chance the next biggest earner? I suspect he is. 

Thought someone said it was because his agent was touting him around to other clubs?

I like hunt, gutted if hes going

It might sound a little “Chinese Whispers” as this is from my son who it turns out knows a former employee of the club who still has contacts and info there so I apologise if this is not true so don’t hold me to it, but....

There are a number of players the powers that be want out, Duffus, Coke, Fane, completely frozen out of first team setup, train with the kids and Taylor and Hunt they also want out so unlikely they will start for the first team again. Branger is a favourite and since Bunn gone there is an insistence he plays, apparently he was one of the ones where Bunn stood his ground which ultimately cost him his job. To get Branger in the team, they are keen to play Nepo as a left back. Not sure if owner is back in the country, maybe tomorrow morning in time for the game. Clarke definitely not interested in the managers job. New manager unlikely to be appointed until after the transfer window closes. 

As as I say, it’s a little bit Chinese whispers so apologies if I’m wrong. Don’t know when my son will see this person again, so I might have to wait for the next instalment!

5 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Foreign lad comes in. Gets sent out on loan to get used to the English game at another club. Problem is?

You send a 21yo on loan, to gain experience. You don’t sign a 24yo who’s not good enough for the 1st team squad of a 4th division football club. Waste of a squad place and a wage.

3 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

You send a 21yo on loan, to gain experience. You don’t sign a 24yo who’s not good enough for the 1st team squad of a 4th division football club. Waste of a squad place and a wage.

The only #FrenchLads signing that has looked up to it when they first came in is Gevaro. 

Sending a player out on loan to get used to the English game isn't a bad idea. Especially if they play for National League North sides where the Transfer Window doesn't apply, so can be recalled. 

6 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

What's his wage? Whose squad place is he taking? 

Irrelevant IMO. I find it laughable we’re signing players (not kids) that aren’t up to competing for a starting berth.

5 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

The only #FrenchLads signing that has looked up to it when they first came in is Gevaro. 

Sending a player out on loan to get used to the English game isn't a bad idea. Especially if they play for National League North sides where the Transfer Window doesn't apply, so can be recalled. 

....let’s see then. The only #FrenchLads that have looked up it at all so far have been Gevaro, Missile & Nazon, of 10 that we can judge. I think the policy has failed to date. I’d have rather signed a 24yo domestic player that’s ready.

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Irrelevant IMO. I find it laughable we’re signing players (not kids) that aren’t up to competing for a starting berth.

Not exactly a dinosaur. He's 24! He's young. Not everything is so terrible that AL should be burned at the stake! His wage isn't irrelevant. May be on pennies