January Window Gossip/Rumours

2 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I'm also ok with this. 

So am I if we have healthy squad numbers but the last time I looked we are down to the barest of bare bones and a couple of competent players wouldn't go a miss.

What narks me in all this is the apologists who rather than challenge the way we are being run (like a circus if we are honest with nobhead ringmaster) go about defending the way we are operating, if we are going into the game tomorrow with the same squad as we did at Macclesfield (minus Maouche) it's a piss take.

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

So am I if we have healthy squad numbers but the last time I looked we are down to the barest of bare bones and a couple of competent players wouldn't go a miss.

What narks me in all this is the apologists who rather than challenge the way we are being run (like a circus if we are honest with nobhead ringmaster) go about defending the way we are operating, if we are going into the game tomorrow with the same squad as we did at Macclesfield (minus Maouche) it's a piss take.

I agree, we are definately showing a lack of ambition by not strengthening, losing Lydon surridge and now Maouche is massive for a threadbare squad where we will probably have to name untried young kids on the bench in what is the most important phase of the season..

28 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Unfortunately, we have very little choice , midfield virtually names itself and with limited options up front, we’ll probably play  4-5-1 formation 

35 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

If it's to the detriment of the current squad then I agree, but we don't know that. The strategy seems to be finding players in their early 20s who have the ability, we've seen some do but most struggle at first, not surprising in their first professional game. If we uncover a couple as good as Missile it will be worth it.

Of course this lad will now turn out to be shit.

2 hours ago, Paul said:

It might sound a little “Chinese Whispers” as this is from my son who it turns out knows a former employee of the club who still has contacts and info there so I apologise if this is not true so don’t hold me to it, but....

There are a number of players the powers that be want out, Duffus, Coke, Fane, completely frozen out of first team setup, train with the kids and Taylor and Hunt they also want out so unlikely they will start for the first team again. Branger is a favourite and since Bunn gone there is an insistence he plays, apparently he was one of the ones where Bunn stood his ground which ultimately cost him his job. To get Branger in the team, they are keen to play Nepo as a left back. Not sure if owner is back in the country, maybe tomorrow morning in time for the game. Clarke definitely not interested in the managers job. New manager unlikely to be appointed until after the transfer window closes. 

As as I say, it’s a little bit Chinese whispers so apologies if I’m wrong. Don’t know when my son will see this person again, so I might have to wait for the next instalment!

What on earth has Hunt ( and even Taylor ) done wrong. Natural fullbacks yet we persist on shoehorning others into their position - pathetic

1 minute ago, mossleyblue said:

What on earth has Hunt ( and even Taylor ) done wrong. Natural fullbacks yet we persist on shoehorning others into their position - pathetic

Taylor is crap to be fair, by far past his best. The Hunt thing is just ridiculous, he has to play on that left tomorrow. I’ll be flabbergasted if Nepo is LB again.

14 minutes ago, daniel said:

Taylor is crap to be fair, by far past his best. The Hunt thing is just ridiculous, he has to play on that left tomorrow. I’ll be flabbergasted if Nepo is LB again.

If what we hear us true, then Nepomuceno probably will be at LB so that Branger can play left wing. If that is the case, PW may well fear for his livelihood of he doesn't comply. 

Up to now, I've been fairly laid back about team selections as the results (Macclesfield apart) have been ok since Bunn went.

However, if the same 11 take the field tomorrow with Hunt, Taylor and Dummigan on the bench then I will be questioning a certain person's sanity, let alone his desire for success.

21 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

If what we hear us true, then Nepomuceno probably will be at LB so that Branger can play left wing. If that is the case, PW may well fear for his livelihood of he doesn't comply. 

Up to now, I've been fairly laid back about team selections as the results (Macclesfield apart) have been ok since Bunn went.

However, if the same 11 take the field tomorrow with Hunt, Taylor and Dummigan on the bench then I will be questioning a certain person's sanity, let alone his desire for success.

It’s madness, I don’t totally begrudge him having some say. But to not play hunt and dummigan ahead of Branger is just plain looney! There is no way in hell that he will be ever worth more than them two and surely that has to be the end game ?

9 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

Its been going on all season AL  picking the team why do you think Rhodes and Bunn left

9 hours ago, Sparkleking said:

Because they were sacked?

After refusing to toe the line over interference in team selection. 

You would have thought we would play George and Hunt today and then shift them out next week if we lose.

The loan of Sefil could also suggest that George is staying although Stott has returned.

This is looking very much like a Corney year in that we have 39 points so with the pressure off the team is going to end the transfer window weaker.  The return of Surridge would make me think differently but it has to be for today and not next week if he fails to find another place to go.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You do have to wonder why we have to pick the 3rd best winger at the club at the expense of the best left back.

It's a really weird way of running a football club.

If he has some vested interest in Branger playing, surely that is outweighed by the huge rewards a win would bring. Play the best players in the best formation. No shit fucking Sherlock.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

How many people are forgetting Branger played (well) at Fulham?

Saying that, I would be dropping him for Hunt today.

Fully support this. Branger and Nepomuceno both played well at Fulham, but I'd be playing Hunt +/- Dummigan today.