Just now, Inspiral_Carpet said:

What?

We had the income.  That gave scope to increase the wage bill.  Therefore the reason we were unable to sign Sefil in the same week as we signed Sylla was not due to a financial embargo under SCMP.

The income is only there if you include it in the budget which would have been submitted pre Fulham anyway (I think)

3 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

You’re the one who thinks a megastar international footballer was shown round a council gym in Oldham for the money. 

Anyway. I don’t know why I keep replying when it’s such obvious trolling. At least it’s kept you busy for a few minutes. 

2 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

You’re the one who thinks a megastar international footballer was shown round a council gym in Oldham for the money. 

If there's a few grand in it and a couple of nights in a nice hotel or whatever in it then I think 99% of the population would take the offer.

Or he might well have been interested and interviewed for the job but lost out to Richie Wellens and then ended up in La Liga a few months later...

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

If there's a few grand in it and a couple of nights in a nice hotel or whatever in it then I think 99% of the population would take the offer.

Or he might well have been interested and interviewed for the job but lost out to Richie Wellens and then ended up in La Liga a few months later...

😂

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The income is only there if you include it in the budget which would have been submitted pre Fulham anyway (I think)

If we are wanting to sign players in January knowing only too well about the SCMP regulations and financial embargoes, I think it’s a pretty good shout that the round 1 and 2 money would have been included in the budget.  I’d guess the round 3 money will have been added now too.

The delay with Sefil was more likely due to dealing with the Martinique FA to get international clearance.

9 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

If we are wanting to sign players in January knowing only too well about the SCMP regulations and financial embargoes, I think it’s a pretty good shout that the round 1 and 2 money would have been included in the budget.  I’d guess the round 3 money will have been added now too.

The delay with Sefil was more likely due to dealing with the Martinique FA to get international clearance.

Fair enough, I don't think we'll reach agreement on this one but at least you have half an idea what you're talking about!

18 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Stop. Just stop 😂

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

We really have been unlucky then, two superstars of world football have either slipped through the net or interviewed so terribly as to be unworthy of being offered this most coveted of jobs ...

Or we just went for the cheap option.