Morcombe(sic) (H)

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, TheBigDog said:

The three players above were all hauled off but in truth it could have been Nepomuceno and Branger too. Maouche and Vera showed very little when they came on. 

Only Iversen, Clarke and Baxter played well 

That was bad.

Nep was one of our best players ? 

Maouche also passed it when he came on ? 

5 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

The only consolation is that Scholes now has 13 games with the pressure off to decide who he wants to keep and who goes, then, hopefully, gets funding in the summer to strengthen the squad.

The only flaw in that is that there is no sign of any funding. I mena if Scholes left in the summer it would be the least shocking thing in the world. Let's hope it all comes good. I guess there is a lot to learn early on as a manager.

1 minute ago, Ritchierich said:

As I posted earlier, it’s f*ing insanity to have 3 different, completely inexperienced, managers all trying to learn their trade on the job in one season, total f*ing insanity. It would have made far more sense to have left PW in charge until the end of the season but then nothing much makes sense at Latics these days

If it was league one we’d have been relegated, we’re just fortunate that this division is so poor that we can still finish mid table

If we managed to stay up I can't even begin to tell you how different things would be. Doyle, Byrne, Moimbe etc would all still be here. 

3 minutes ago, oafc21 said:

What a absolute disgrace that was tonight, but I don’t think half them players are  to arsed with that wank performance they put on tonight, saying that we was outclassed by far tonight which is how shit we have fallen!! 

I'll say it, but will no doubt get lambasted for it...no passion from the manager either throughout the game.

Edited by BP1960

Just now, BP1960 said:

I'll say it, but will no doubt get lambasted for it...no passion from the mabager either throughout the game.

You should. Nobody gives a fuck if he's running up and down windmilling. Makes no difference. You must struggle with how United have turned it round with a manager who never moves on the touchline. 

I don't understand trying to play 20 passes in every move against a very average side on a deteriorating pitch. 20 chances to give the ball away without getting into a better position. A bit worried Scholes wants us to be something a bit more than what we need to be right now, plus substutions and selection all seem very conservative 

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You should. Nobody gives a fuck if he's running up and down windmilling. Makes no difference. You must struggle with how United have turned it round with a manager who never moves on the touchline. 

United's players aren't playing for the manager.  They're playing in spite of the last one..

You could have put a lump of concrete in charge and they'd be doing as well.

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

Harsh, don’t have to be jumping and shouting to show passion. He’s a calm person, doesn’t mean he’s not passionate 

Yes, his personal style is irrelevant, my greater concern is if he can actually successfully manage a professional football team....very early days but if it was an interview he wouldn’t get the job

Scholes got it wrong tonight and got it wrong on Saturday in my opinion, although why Baxter couldn't manage 90mins t this stage of the season baffles me.

I hope this can be put down to tinkering and experimenting as opposed to poor judgement.

Early days but was hoping for better.

3 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I don't understand trying to play 20 passes in every move against a very average side on a deteriorating pitch. 20 chances to give the ball away without getting into a better position. A bit worried Scholes wants us to be something a bit more than what we need to be right now, plus substutions and selection all seem very conservative 

Please tell me when we made 20 passes ? 

Diagnol balls to the wingers all game. Or pumped to ogrady and Vera, who are awful 

1 minute ago, latics22 said:

Not going to defend Scholes but can u be brought in at a worst point in the season? However gutless !

3 winnable home games - yeah could have been a lot worse. He bottled it. He really did. 

What happened to playing footballers like we did against Yeovil. We didn’t play football tonight.