Morcombe(sic) (H)

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to say that's probably the worst home performance I've seen in many a year all things considered, it was a fucking horror show from minute one with effectively two holding midfielders and a bag of cement upfront. 

As a pundit Scholes ripped Mourinho to shreds for playing the same negative formation he himself saw fit to play against the mighty Shrimpers tonight who let's face it are shite but had heart and desire of warriors unlike our wet farts who went down without a whimper.

Season probably over now and that is a huge disappointment given we'd seen an upturn on the gate for the last three games. 

Final point - where the fuck are these loanees - farcical situation signing players who can't even play.

Shocking result and a shocking manner of defeat.  Conceding an early goal is bad enough but to equalise and then let it slip again is unforgivable.

I can understand the selections with Lang injured and Dearnley and Maouche not being 100% fit, but it's a huge disappointment that some of those backup players had the chance to step up and couldn't.

Obviously we'll still have a go at the playoffs but now should be (and probably will be) who we want to retain and who can we bring in for a promotion push next season. 

The rest of the season should give Scholes the chance to understand what is needed.  The league isn't great at all so if the recruitment and retention is right there should be nothing stopping us from challenging at the top.

we got what we deserved again.

Total absence of a midfield. What's happening with Fane? route one would be nice, like George did first half run at defenders, get a shot off, get lucky with e rebound. grrr..no one runs through to the D.

I like the look of their no 26 and 27 and I don;t know who weaved past two of our defenders on our goal line to set up their win

I know Scholes is a week in but on the balance, Pete Wild seems to be better.

Edited by underdog

Absolutely awful.

Our keepers just got MOM at home to fucking Morecambe...

Kevin Ellison is about 58 years old and took the piss, out sprinting our players time and time again...

We had two defensive midfielders and their right back strolled through the centre of the pitch whenever he fancied it.

Only thing to do is put all these Frenchlads on a boat,set off from Dover and sink the bloody thing.

Absolute shite from the lot of them,that doesn't by any means let the other dummies escape criticism,they were almost as bad and Scholes too had a shocker.

Fourth division and dreadful, Rock bottom has been reached.

32 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Didn't start, team selection baffling and too many players not good enough.

Hunt

Stott 

Sylla 

Missalou 

O'Grady 

Branger 

Any of these players would be lucky to make Saturdays squad in my opinion. I'd rather we played some youth players who would at least show some desire to be a footballer.

Some performance that for a manager only a week into the job, only really Iverson, Nepo and Baxter come out of the game with any real credit, rest of them were shite.

Thanks for the info, Bury is a big match.

5 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Shocking result and a shocking manner of defeat.  Conceding an early goal is bad enough but to equalise and then let it slip again is unforgivable.

I can understand the selections with Lang injured and Dearnley and Maouche not being 100% fit, but it's a huge disappointment that some of those backup players had the chance to step up and couldn't.

Obviously we'll still have a go at the playoffs but now should be (and probably will be) who we want to retain and who can we bring in for a promotion push next season. 

The rest of the season should give Scholes the chance to understand what is needed.  The league isn't great at all so if the recruitment and retention is right there should be nothing stopping us from challenging at the top.

I like your positivity and hope the last part of your post comes to pass.

I agree with you regarding the back up players, they are poor to be brutally honest and Scholes needs to offload a good number in my opinion when the time comes.

Tonight should have been three points for us, no excuses, I don't care if Morecambes tails were up from their Port Vale result, that game should have been won and convincingly so. The exact opposite happened and that worries me.

11 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You should. Nobody gives a fuck if he's running up and down windmilling. Makes no difference. You must struggle with how United have turned it round with a manager who never moves on the touchline. 

Just because he's a big name doesn't mean he can inspire players. 

That's what showed tonight to me and on Saturday.

His team selection was totally unbalanced and he never changed anything after going a goal down when it was obvious the formation wasn't working.

Two holding midfielders getting in each others way all the time was a prime example.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Poor recruitment in January hurting us, to not find adequate replacement for Surridge and another centre back to let Clarke take a breather was ridiculous really.

Two loaness signed and no one has seen them. Also a centre back signed who been sent to Ashton United.

Seems poor recruitment 

8 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Absolutely awful.

Our keepers just got MOM at home to fucking Morecambe...

Kevin Ellison is about 58 years old and took the piss, out sprinting our players time and time again...

We had two defensive midfielders and their right back strolled through the centre of the pitch whenever he fancied it.

The right back played well against us at their place 

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Just because he's a big name doesn't mean he can inspire players. 

That's what showed tonight to me and on Saturday.

His team selection was totally unbalanced and he never changed anything after going a goal down when it was obvious the formation wasn't working.

Two holding midfielders getting in each others way all the time was a prime example.

I never had you down as a kneejerk merchant.