Trust Letter to AL

12 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Well their departure wouldn't mean the fans are off the mark. 

His players are bought here, get their profile boosted being here rather than the French fourth division, get a larger contract here on somewhere else, make more money for their agent..

I still don't buy this as being worth his while for players on £4k a week.

£40k a week, maybe...

When AL says structure and stabalise he means the club has to run on it's own income without him having to put his hand in his pocket. The only income the club gets is from advertising, lottery, match days, EFL and TV. So basically a Conference North Club, which would mean even less from all income streams!!!

45 minutes ago, al_bro said:

When AL says structure and stabalise he means the club has to run on it's own income without him having to put his hand in his pocket. The only income the club gets is from advertising, lottery, match days, EFL and TV. So basically a Conference North Club, which would mean even less from all income streams!!!

It's the only way.  To achieve anything it's income that has to be increased.  What I want from an owner is competent management,  not unsustainable largesse.

28 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

How big a firm are Wakelet? 

Could that deal be quite lucrative?

Tiny... 

Angel investment has prob kept them afloat and ive never seen t he point in their tech. Doubt they'll exist too long if im honest. 

Be suprised if the company is worth more than a couple hundred thousand... 

Edited by Fruitygoo

I'm not surprised if Baxter has been offered a 50% paycut. He's apparently had a bust up with one of the french lads (who supposedly talks with the chairman often...)

Easy way out for way AL - can say he's tried to keep a fan favourite but say he didn't want too stay...

9 minutes ago, RobOAFC said:

I'm not surprised if Baxter has been offered a 50% paycut. He's apparently had a bust up with one of the french lads (who supposedly talks with the chairman often...)

Easy way out for way AL - can say he's tried to keep a fan favourite but say he didn't want too stay...

Or just say he's never fit 

2 hours ago, al_bro said:

I'll run the club if I don't have to put my hand in my pocket.

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

No thanks

If I win the Euromillions jackpot you'd get me like it or not. No grudges though, I'd treat you to a season ticket and the re-signing of Dan Gardner and Cameron Burgess. On second thoughts Iversen, Surridge and Lang.😁

13 hours ago, RobOAFC said:

With the interview he gave a few months ago, I'd be happy with him leaving us if it was the best thing for him.

During Scholes' brief spell he showed that he still has the ability, but he needs regular football wherever he is.  Wild was right not to play him during the run in as he didn't fit into our formation, but I'd like to think that we could find a place for him next season.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

With the interview he gave a few months ago, I'd be happy with him leaving us if it was the best thing for him.

During Scholes' brief spell he showed that he still has the ability, but he needs regular football wherever he is.  Wild was right not to play him during the run in as he didn't fit into our formation, but I'd like to think that we could find a place for him next season.

Be gutted to see him leave, best player in the squad. If he could stay injury free and have a good pre season he would rip up this league no doubt.

I don’t think next season’s squad will contain such talent!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Wild was right not to play him during the run in as he didn't fit into our formation, but I'd like to think that we could find a place for him next season.

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

Which gained us 0 points from the 9 needed...

8 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I was thinking of the 9 from 9 we got at the start of Wild's spell in charge to be fair, but good point.

1.) Baxter was suspended for Wild's first 3 games having been sent off in Scholes' last game. 

2.) Wild effectively played 4-5-1 at Exeter, a formation that suits Baxter very well. However, Maouche had been brilliant against Mansfield so deserved to keep his place. Baxter did come on in that game, having been rightly subbed at HT against Cheltenham. 

3.) The moment we lost at Exeter it didn't matter how many points we got against Newport and Northampton. 

Baxter suited the way Scholes played, he didn't suit the way Bunn and Wild played (for the majority of time). His obvious fitness issues at the start of the season and the injury he got at Hampton didn’t help his cause to start more games under Bunn. 

I prefer to remember Jose's first spell at the club rather than this disappointing spell. Bit like Joe Royle in that regard.