2019 Sell, Release, Keep or Try to sign: Defenders

2019 Sell, Release, Keep or Try to sign: Defenders  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Andy Taylor

2. 2. George Edmundson (Contract till 2020)

• Keep -rate him.
    • Sell -don't rate him.
  3. 3. Sonhy Sefil (Contract till 2020)

4. 4. Jamie Stott (Contract till 2020)

5. 5. Rob Hunt (Contract till 2020)

6. 6. Peter Clarke

7. 7. Tom Hamer (Contract till 2020)

All caveats with other posts.

Most contracts are ending in 2019, so a new contact might be on reduced terms, or better terms to keep the answer is simply whether they are worthy of keeping.

Now we know hat division we are in lets do the annual see who we would keep.

A few assumptions.

1) AL has no significiant funds.

2)  Loanees like Daniel Iversen we are unlikely to be able to afford, and probably wouldn't re-sign for us, but the sign or release is based on performance not likelihood.  Can I  ask you not to put let return to parent club just because you think we can't afford them, that is a given. This poll is to address performanace for us, not likelihood of signing.

3) I've left Youths out, as most we won't have seen enough to make a judgment and we'd likely all vote to keep to see how they develop.

4) Limit of 10 options, so I've grouped slightly oddly to mninmise number of posts.

Edit

5) Assume we can only afford a broadly similar player (and the chance you take in that) rather than asssume we  can get a miles better player.

2018 ratings:

Zeus la Paz.   76% wanted to sell.

Peter Clarke.  57% wanted to keep.

Tom Hamer.  97% wanted to keep.

Rob Hunt.      78% wanted to keep.

George Edmundson. 99% wanted to keep.

Jamie Stott. 73% wanted to keep

Jonathan Beneteke. 88% wanted to release.

Gevaro Nepomuceno 70% wanted to keep by taking up option

Edited by singe

2 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Yes Ashton United and they sent him back (allegedly).

So what you appear to be saying is you are one of the many on here who haven't seen him play (including me) and your response doesn't really answer my question.

Thank you for your efforts...FFS!!!

So if you look at the overall voting results on the 3 threads we pretty much all seem to be saying we’re basically happy with the regular starting 11 with the exception of COG and a bit of Rob Hunt!!!

So we’re apparently happy with all the other muppets who got us relegated last season and have totally fucked up this season?!!

...excellent!

14 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

So if you look at the overall voting results on the 3 threads we pretty much all seem to be saying we’re basically happy with the regular starting 11 with the exception of COG and a bit of Rob Hunt!!!

So we’re apparently happy with all the other muppets who got us relegated last season and have totally fucked up this season?!!

...excellent!

Whose fault is last season's relegation and this season's mid-table finish? Purely that starting 11? Come off it

34 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

...excellent!

But saying to keep doesn’t mean you want them to be a regular in the starting line-up. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

...excellent!

Is this an example of squadrophobia.

If you look at our starting 11 I would happily keep the majority of them at the club. A couple of quality signings and this group is a top 7 side easily.

It amazes me how absolute some  people have to be about things on this message board.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I haven't, but I was told by someone who has seen him play quite a lot that he wouldn't even catch for Royton Town. Happy to reserve judgement for the moment...

Happy to take on board your comment apart from the "quite a lot" as I'm under the impression he played twice for Ashton but no other competitive games unless there was a couple of "behind closed doors" matches that may have taken place.

I know.....argumentative git!!!😁

Edited by mikejh45

8 hours ago, singe said:

5) Assume we can only afford a broadly similar player (and the chance you take in that) rather than asssume we  can get a miles better player.

Based on this point, I'm shocked at the results of Rob Hunt.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, daniel said:

Who’s offering Andy Taylor a new contract? 😂 

Most disappointing signing since Ryan Flynn, was really expecting him to be a consistent 7/10 and in the starting 11 every week

Edited by Ryan

12 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Happy to take on board your comment apart from the "quite a lot" as I'm under the impression he played twice for Ashton but no other competitive games unless there was a couple of "behind closed doors" matches that may have taken place.

I know.....argumentative git!!!😁

The person who told me that sees him every day...

39 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The person who told me that sees him every day...

Apologies for digging a bit deeper. I'm adding to Yarddog's comment that your mate is someone at the club but a couple more questions spring to mind:

- Did your mate watch him playing for Ashton United?

- Did Ashton send him back because he was crap/unfit or was he returned because their injuries cleared up?

Thanks