Squad movements, summer 2019

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Also said not been getting a look in. Which is not true with Sharp. He might not be starting but he’s had a few appearances and even scored. It was a ridiculous guess. It’ll be Leon Clarke. We won’t get him either but a bit more realistic atleast. 

For what it’s worth, he is being made available from what I’ve heard. 

But it wasn’t an actual guess, was just tongue in cheek. It’s Billy Sharp ffs 😂

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Can't say our scouting isn't ambitious;  Have we a major signing in the offing?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-vs-rennes-thirteen-premier-20994377

'While a veritable who's who of moneyed clubs it also bizarrely features League Two outfit Oldham Athletic'.

'Bizarrely' 😂

Mind you they owe us for Benyu. Although it's not Celtic's fault that Wellens thought it was a good idea to bring him on at Northampton when we desperately needed to score. 

13 minutes ago, rosa said:

'Bizarrely' 😂

Mind you they owe us for Benyu. Although it's not Celtic's fault that Wellens thought it was a good idea to bring him on at Northampton when we desperately needed to score. 

19yo centre forward Jonathon Afolabi at Celtic is one I'd be interested in on loan.

Where is all this delusion coming from?  Serious cash?  Signings of significant scale?

Unless the club has been sold, the chances of strengthening the team to the levels needed will not happen.  The 🤡 is potless and has been trying to sell the club for ages - all very hush hush but the selling price is totally unrealistic 

7 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Where is all this delusion coming from?  Serious cash?  Signings of significant scale?

Unless the club has been sold, the chances of strengthening the team to the levels needed will not happen.  The 🤡 is potless and has been trying to sell the club for ages - all very hush hush but the selling price is totally unrealistic 

Go on ... how much is it ? 

10 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Am I missing something?..as far as I’m aware he has nothing to sell!

I have said previously that the longer he stays the worse our financial situation will become.

If he is as you say ‘potless’ then he will not be able to carry on for too much longer.

We live in hope🙂

29 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Go on ... how much is it ? 

I don’t know exact figure but apparently looking to claw back most of the cash he’s ‘paid out’.... Heard that most of it was borrowed anyway hence why he needs it back.  

That’s why there won’t be a spending spree.  Expect Wheater to go in January as he’s the only one gaining interest - others extended monthly dependent upon cash flow.  Hand to mouth I understand 

Why the fuck would you borrow money to buy a football club...sheer madness.

If it becomes hand to mouth in January we will probably be back to late salary payments and will need him gone ASAP before debts get completely out of hand.

5 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Why the fuck would you borrow money to buy a football club...sheer madness.

When you don’t have the funds personally, especially when it cost more than he expected.

Naivety on a mammoth scale.

Fortunately I think this nightmare will be ending soon.  My feel is not a sale but administration and then a buyer comes forward once the Lemsagams have gone  

21 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

I don’t know exact figure but apparently looking to claw back most of the cash he’s ‘paid out’.... Heard that most of it was borrowed anyway hence why he needs it back.  

That’s why there won’t be a spending spree.  Expect Wheater to go in January as he’s the only one gaining interest - others extended monthly dependent upon cash flow.  Hand to mouth I understand 

Don't rule out points deductions just yet...

On 12/28/2019 at 6:28 PM, BP1960 said:

If we did though it would give fans real hope of a push for the play offs.

I am unable to fathom how anyone can seriously mention the words "play offs" (unless it's hugely tongue in cheek).

Just analyse our results this season. 

42 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I am unable to fathom how anyone can seriously mention the words "play offs" (unless it's hugely tongue in cheek).

Just analyse our results this season. 

I think it was an in house joke, there was never a chance in reality and staying up, will once again be the benchmark of this sorry episode 😔

19 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

I think it was an in house joke, there was never a chance in reality and staying up, will once again be the benchmark of this sorry episode 😔

I would say there are some on here who after the win at Morecambe thought it a distinct possibility. 

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I can think of one who definitely meant it.  Appears to be missing in action.

There is little chance of this team getting relegated as there are a couple of worse teams in the division, that said, if we were to incur a points deduction for any reason then our league position would be in serious jeopardy. 

There is absolutely no chance of us getting to the top 7, Salford aren't even going to get in the top 7 and they put us in our place. 

3 hours ago, Midsblue said:

When you don’t have the funds personally, especially when it cost more than he expected.

Naivety on a mammoth scale.

Fortunately I think this nightmare will be ending soon.  My feel is not a sale but administration and then a buyer comes forward once the Lemsagams have gone  

I hope we can just have a settled rest of the season before the Lemsagams are gone, stay up and properly and sustainably rebuild on and off the pitch from next season onwards.

38 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Salford aren't even going to get in the top 7 and they put us in our place. 

After seeing off one of the best, high scoring sides in the league with ease and then making light work of us, in the manner they did.

With a couple of astute signings in January (they have the clout) there's no way they can be written off.

Archived