Boundary Park buy out

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

Your just making stuff up. Not one person that said either of those things.

What would you prefer-

The current status quo. 

Or

A club that’s all under one roof but perhaps in a lower league? 

An before you reply. Nobody wants relegation. Nobody. But that isn’t the point, we are talking about the future of the club. Look at the other thread about beer prices- a race to the bottom has already started and your more concerned about playing Crawley rather than Flyde. 

‘If we go down, we’ll never come back’ Is often spouted, but again that isn’t important in the grand scheme of things. It’s really, really, not.

What is important, is having some pride in the club again. The money club generates all going back into the club.  Everyone pulling in the same direction. A fans bar where people don’t worry where the money is going. A owner who isn’t on a ego trip. A board of some description.  No Barry. Paying our staff on time. Keeping and cherishing good staff. (Clarke) No Brassbank. No dual ownership. No awful statements. No division. 

But yeah your right,  let’s keep all the shite as long as we play in league two. . 

Ha. Really, nobody said anything like those 2 things? They most definitely did.

I'd prefer to be as we are in league 2 than some lovely fans owning everything and us being stable in the North west Counties league

The comment saying that if we go down and never come back it's not important is ridiculous! Of course it's important

Would you rather have pride in the club, no attempts to sign the likes of Ched Evans etc. and be in non-league or be playing in the prem with adam Johnson on the wing, big ched banging them in up front and Lee Hughes as manager?

An owner who isn't on an ego trip. Name one owner of amy football club that isn't doing it to stoke their own ego. Just one. Anywhere?

44 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Ha. Really, nobody said anything like those 2 things? They most definitely did.

I'd prefer to be as we are in league 2 than some lovely fans owning everything and us being stable in the North west Counties league

The comment saying that if we go down and never come back it's not important is ridiculous! Of course it's important

Would you rather have pride in the club, no attempts to sign the likes of Ched Evans etc. and be in non-league or be playing in the prem with adam Johnson on the wing, big ched banging them in up front and Lee Hughes as manager?

An owner who isn't on an ego trip. Name one owner of amy football club that isn't doing it to stoke their own ego. Just one. Anywhere?

If the club tried to sign the likes of Johnson you would fracture an increasingly splintered fanbase, it is getting down to the bare bones of loyal supporters. Something needs to unite this club again, signing a paedophile isn't the way forward. 

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

If the club tried to sign the likes of Johnson you would fracture an increasingly splintered fanbase, it is getting down to the bare bones of loyal supporters. Something needs to unite this club again, signing a paedophile isn't the way forward. 

I'm not saying it is. Wouldn't want to sign him.

Point was would you rather watch us in the prem with no morals or be a happy little family club in the 9th tier.

48 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Point was would you rather watch us in the prem with no morals or be a happy little family club in the 9th tier.

No morals everytime 

50 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

The latter. 

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Whilst the 9th tier doesn’t exactly turn me on, Bolton fans creamed themselves over the non moral times and look at them now 

It's all very subjective - and people's different opinions have to be respected. Me, will I take the opportunity to save a few quid and pay just £2 a pint in the "club corner bar" today or support the new fans' bar in the JR. It's a no brainer - see you in the JR for a beer 😜

It is still possible to be at the upper end of the pyramid and hang on to decent moral standards. Never sell your soul to the devil. 

Not a realistic hypothetical. 

A better one may be... would you rather be a badly run club with no morals in the bottom half of league 2

or

a fan-run, well respected family club in the conference?

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

A better one may be... would you rather be a badly run club with no morals in the bottom half of league 2

or

This rose tinted spectacled view of fan run clubs is bogus.  

I’d rather be a well run club in league 1 or the championship, regardless of who owns it. There are some you know.  

You don’t have to fan run to be well run, indeed most well run clubs aren’t. 

Edited by kowenicki

7 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

or

Where abouts in the conference? If it's bottom half I'd take badly run league 2

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

This rose tinted spectacled view of fan run clubs is bogus.  

I’d rather be a well run club in league 1 or the championship, regardless of who owns it. There are some you know.  

You don’t have to fan run to be well run, indeed most well run clubs aren’t. 

The fan bit of my post was irrelevant really. I’m not talking about fan cooperatives just one run by a fan or someone with some sort of affection/affinity with the club. 

Or not, just a club run well in a family and fan oriented, forward looking way. 

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Where abouts in the conference? If it's bottom half I'd take badly run league 2

Bottom half. 

I’d take the well run one. It’d have much more chance of promotion from its division in the short/medium term. 

Being a community club thats in touch with the fans doesnt mean that it won't be successful.

A club ran by a dictator who ruthlessly fires people and treats people like crap doesn't mean its well run or that it will be successful.

Our owner ofcourse acts as a dictator and hes unsuccessful.

Their are a million different shades of grey here and yet people are trying to make it into a Black vs White arguement.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Being a community club thats in touch with the fans doesnt mean that it won't be successful.

A club ran by a dictator who ruthlessly fires people and treats people like crap doesn't mean its well run or that it will be successful.

Our owner ofcourse acts as a dictator and hes unsuccessful.

Their are a million different shades of grey here and yet people are trying to make it into a Black vs White arguement.

Of course. 

Some fan run clubs will be a mess and some clubs owned be wealthy individuals will be pillars of the community. 

I am just bored of the trope that states a fan run club is some kind of assured utopia. 

Which other clubs do we think have got it right, without the need to be bankrolled by a rich millionaire?

Burnley and Rochdale seem to be models we should be having a look at..

5 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Which other clubs do we think have got it right, without the need to be bankrolled by a rich millionaire?

Burnley have always had a big fan base and Dale rely heavily on the odd player sale which Hill always delivered.  Two or three years of no big sales and, trust me, Dale will look very different. 

Edited by kowenicki

28 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Rochdale, Burnley, Accrington Stanley, Newport. Maybe Exeter aswell they are a good example.

Id argue any club that punches above its weight generally. Id argue a people like Steve Gibson at Middlesbrough Matthew Benham at Brentford or Tony Bloom at Brighton are pretty much the perfect owners as they tick all the boxes.

Its about striking a balance between being in touch with the community and the fanbase without pandering to them. Then occasionally making tough unpopular decisions which are the best for the football club.

I dont mind an owner having an ego and doing so as part of an ego trip aslong as that ego doesnt get in the way of making the right decision for the club. Bad leaders often let their egos get in the way of making the right decisions for their Football club/Business/Political party. 

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Mike Minay stating the Joe Royle stand could well be closed to fans at the start of the season (via AL) - what a bloody mess.

I renewed my season ticket reluctantly but if the JR stand isn't open for start of the season I think I'll be asking for a refund. This idiot is going to destroy the club.

My decision not to renew my JR season ticket looks to have been the right one. IMO The football is now totally irrelevant and all our energy should be focused on getting this bell end out and as far away from this club as possible.

We’ve spent God knows how many seasons in a three sided ground and now we’ve got the North Stand he’s considering closing the fucker!!!

Who the fuck does he think he is!!!! He is the present custodian of OUR football club and along with Barry fucking Owen and the rest he’s dragging it through the gutter!!!

Although I know nothing about this FLG they have to be a better option than this twat. Let’s hope their presentation next week will lift the doom and gloom.

I’ve had enough of this shite, FFS...LEMSAGAM OUT!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Of course. 

Some fan run clubs will be a mess and some clubs owned be wealthy individuals will be pillars of the community. 

I am just bored of the trope that states a fan run club is some kind of assured utopia. 

I don’t think it’s an assured utopia at all, in the same way that plodding along in league two isn’t an assured ‘league club’ utopia.  However things have been so bad for so long that I am willing to look at other alternatives, or other models of how to the run the club. 

What one wants, and what’s on offer are two different things. 

• Like 1