Pre Season 2019

Fuck Lemmy and his wanker brother, we have been ruined and next season will be our worst ever..

no more slowly slowly bollocks and his little supporters saying give hime time, the bloke is a twat and his one objective is to fuck us up..I know its only a friendly but if Stockport can beat us easily we have absolutely no chance..

24 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

1st half and 2nd half very different to be fair. 

1st half midfield trialists and Eagles were very poor. 

Your being a bit generous there tbf, second half was much the same with the exception of having a shot with ten minutes to go, Stockport sat in and dealt with us easily, No 13 (I think) was dreadful, kept looking for a pass that wasn't even there, Nepo, Branger, Maouche and Missilou offered slightly more but still produced the grand total of fuck all, keeper looks dodgy as fuck and honestly hand on heart I'm really worried for us on that show because we don't create anything never mind score, confidence must also be rock bottom after being comprehensively beaten by a non league outfit.

Struggling for a positive from that.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Your being a bit generous there tbf, second half was much the same with the exception of having a shot with ten minutes to go, Stockport sat in and dealt with us easily, No 13 (I think) was dreadful, kept looking for a pass that wasn't even there, Nepo, Branger, Maouche and Missilou offered slightly more but still produced the grand total of fuck all, keeper looks dodgy as fuck and honestly hand on heart I'm really worried for us on that show because we don't create anything never mind score, confidence must also be rock bottom after being comprehensively beaten by a non league outfit.

No I’m not, it was significantly better second half.

Lacovitti is a major worry, as is Stott from his showing today.  Sefil was better than both which illustrates that point perfectly. 

Midfield was was non existent first half. Second half we dominated midfield but had no outlet. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You will be pleased to hear we have signed number 13 and Eagles.

11 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

No I’m not, it was significantly better second half.

Lacovitti is a major worry, as is Stott from his showing today.  Sefil was better than both which illustrates that point perfectly. 

Midfield was was non existent first half. Second half we dominated midfield but had no outlet. 

How can a midfield dominate a half of football against a side a clear division below and only muster 1 shot? 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

How can a midfield dominate a half of football against a side a clear division below and only muster 1 shot? 

We didn't dominate, Nepo and Branger threatened at times but created zilch, Vera was a passenger. Stockport sat in let us pass it around the back but still created more on the counter attack, Missilou was busy and Maouche showed glimpses but it was way short of what was required.

7 minutes ago, yarddogs said:

Very little or hardly any communication from our bench today compared with Stockport , Jim Gannon constantly coaching 

Not this shite again.

"Disgrace at Latics as OPTA stats show they lose game because Head Coach shouts 3 decibels lower and waves his hands 14% less times than opposition manager"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

No tell me I wasnt there if the midfield dominates (your words) a half of football Im expecting more than 1 shot because thats what dominating is. 

We dominated midfield, I’d say possession in second half was 65% or more, but there is no movement ahead and no out for them. 

First half our midfield barely had the ball. 

Our constant problem today was up front and on the left of defence. That didn’t improve. 

Stott and Lacovetti were very poor. Mills was good and dare I say Sefil was ok.  Strikers were all poor.  Eagles... why? 

Edited by kowenicki

24 minutes ago, yarddogs said:

Very little or hardly any communication from our bench today compared with Stockport , Jim Gannon constantly coaching 

Worse still was the lack of communication on the pitch Mohammed Maouche as captain of OAFC  - really, all he did was bitch to the liner for most of the second half.

20 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Not this shite again.

"Disgrace at Latics as OPTA stats show they lose game because Head Coach shouts 3 decibels lower and waves his hands 14% less times than opposition manager"

It's not shite, though. 

Surely having a coach/manager who's constantly motivating the players and adapting his tactics as the game changes is better than someone who thinks "job done" the second the game kicks off. Players surely feed off the energy of their coach to a large extent.

I find it funny that some people seem to be so offended when it's suggested that it might be a factor..

Edited by JoeP
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

We dominated midfield, I’d say possession in second half was 65% or more, but there is no movement ahead and no out for them. 

First half our midfield barely had the ball. 

Our constant problem today was up front and on the left of defence. That didn’t improve. 

Stott and Lacovetti were very poor. Mills was good and dare I say Sefil was ok.  Strikers were all poor.  Eagles... why? 

We had this all last season though when the midfield didn't turn up, we certainly didn't have 65% possession I don't know where you've plucked that figure from, as Glossop has pointed out if you dominate the middle third you invariably have more than one shot. 

We also seemed to play most the game with two holding midfielders at home to a non league team ffs.

5 minutes ago, JoeP said:

It's not shite, though. 

Surely having a coach/manager who's constantly motivating the players and adapting his tactics as the game changes is better than someone who thinks "job done" the second the game kicks off. Players surely feed off the energy of their coach to a large extent.

I find it funny that some people seem to be so offended when it's suggested that it might be a factor..

Quite. It’s not about screaming or waving arms as McFluff suggested. Yardogs said “communication”. Something you’d expect there to be a lot of.