Pre Season 2019

15 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Having read some more of this thread, I'm concerned if we have two keepers that aren't up to standard. Like others on here, I was also a goalkeeper. Although it's 40 years since I stopped playing at the age of 34, even back then I was taught two hands behind the ball wherever possible, take everybody and everything with you to get to a cross (it's YOUR box, not theirs) and, if you can't dive and catch, make sure you parry it away from goal.

Why is it so different now? They're just basics that should be drummed into every keeper from day one.

I can't believe we've nothing at the other end of the pitch either and, if Vera's the answer (no 9 shirt :lol:), I'm buggered if I know what the question was.

Maybe Azankpo and Wilson will come good, but they need to hit the ground running. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Halifax turn us over on Tuesday and at least that would show the clowns that they should have done everything to keep PW.

For the first time since the 1950s, I'm despondent about the way this club is going and I don't see it getting any better.

I fear a hammering at Forest Green.

I'm as old as you and I'm sure you'd agree this lot aren't anywhere near the same level as the 1960s 4th division teams. We enjoyed watching players who stayed at the club for years, not here today gone tomorrow merchants.  This is one of the problems IMO. no continuity.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Out of scores of  goalkeepers available, who chose these two?

Probably the same clown who favoured Placide, Wison and Ruddy in favour of our player of the year and record clean sheet holder Connor Ripley.

You seriously have to question our recruitment policy and I'm just glad the dickhead whose bringing these donkies in is ultimately going to be made accountable. 

16 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I'm as old as you and I'm sure you'd agree this lot aren't anywhere near the same level as the 1960s 4th division teams. We enjoyed watching players who stayed at the club for years, not here today gone tomorrow merchants.  This is one of the problems IMO. no continuity.

Times change. It's very rare players stay for a long time anywhere now, especially down this end of the leagues

45 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Having read some more of this thread, I'm concerned if we have two keepers that aren't up to standard. Like others on here, I was also a goalkeeper. Although it's 40 years since I stopped playing at the age of 34, even back then I was taught two hands behind the ball wherever possible, take everybody and everything with you to get to a cross (it's YOUR box, not theirs) and, if you can't dive and catch, make sure you parry it away from goal.

Why is it so different now? They're just basics that should be drummed into every keeper from day one.

I can't believe we've nothing at the other end of the pitch either and, if Vera's the answer (no 9 shirt :lol:), I'm buggered if I know what the question was.

Maybe Azankpo and Wilson will come good, but they need to hit the ground running. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Halifax turn us over on Tuesday and at least that would show the clowns that they should have done everything to keep PW.

For the first time since the 1950s, I'm despondent about the way this club is going and I don't see it getting any better.

I fear a hammering at Forest Green.

Wilson will be like the duck, greedy and win the odd game for us if we some how dont concede a bag full. We really are fucked this season.

26 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Probably the same clown who favoured Placide, Wison and Ruddy in favour of our player of the year and record clean sheet holder Connor Ripley.

You seriously have to question our recruitment policy and I'm just glad the dickhead whose bringing these donkies in is ultimately going to be made accountable. 

In fairness, even though he could give you heart failure at times, he wasn't a bad keeper at first. At least he claimed crosses, pulled off some incredible saves and could set attacks going. He was never the same after his mother passed away and I think that is the Placide that many remember.

But, yes, Wilson and Ruddy were dreadful.

I can't argue with your points about the crap recruitment, though. Someone, somewhere is deluded if they think some if this lot are going to be good enough.

Granted, I've not seen any of them in the flesh yet, but the highlights thus far and the posts on here tell me a very sad story.

Trouble is, I honestly believe (and I've said this before) that Marco and Mo think their recruits are a class above and far too good for this division. How wrong they are.

6 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

In fairness, even though he could give you heart failure at times, he wasn't a bad keeper at first. At least he claimed crosses, pulled off some incredible saves and could set attacks going. He was never the same after his mother passed away and I think that is the Placide that many remember.

But, yes, Wilson and Ruddy were dreadful.

I can't argue with your points about the crap recruitment, though. Someone, somewhere is deluded if they think some if this lot are going to be good enough.

Granted, I've not seen any of them in the flesh yet, but the highlights thus far and the posts on here tell me a very sad story.

Trouble is, I honestly believe (and I've said this before) that Marco and Mo think their recruits are a class above and far too good for this division. How wrong they are.

Smacks of agents touting players around.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Pretty toxic that people aren't getting behind the lads, absolute agendas.

How does supporting the team on the field, but knowing their shortcomings sit with you? 

I'll be supporting them next Saturday, shouting, screaming, singing and willing them to win, but won't hold back with criticisms if they're justified.

If they're not good enough for this division, it isn't their fault. It's the fault of the nut cases that brought them in when they're out of their depth.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

How does supporting the team on the field, but knowing their shortcomings sit with you? 

I'll be supporting them next Saturday, shouting, screaming, singing and willing them to win, but won't hold back with criticisms if they're justified.

If they're not good enough for this division, it isn't their fault. It's the fault of the nut cases that brought them in when they're out of their depth.

Personally I think every fan walking through the door validates the Lemsagams to continue doing what they are doing but I absolutely understand anybody who just wants to get behind the lads.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Out of scores of  goalkeepers available, who chose these two?

No idea... if I was in the centre of defense in front of woods it would effect confidence.. Woods dropped a straight forward ball from a 1st half corner, and I heard someone say give him benefit of the doubt as the ball is wet.. My coaches would rollock me for dropped  balls in the danger areas disregards of weather condition.. I've no idea what the scouting policy is on keepers at the club , what are they looking for with modern game keepers, surely it would be in all major attributes.We are in for a long hard season if our two are the best we could get... 

19 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Personally I think every fan walking through the door validates the Lemsagams to continue doing what they are doing but I absolutely understand anybody who just wants to get behind the lads.

We all want to get behind the lads, but they need to show us they deserve our faith. 

The reality is some of these signings aren't up to it.

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

We all want to get behind the lads, but they need to show us they deserve our faith. 

The reality is some of these signings aren't up to it.

Yes well and truly behind the team , cant wait for the season to start but a little sceptical as to how its going to go but us being the latic are guaranteed to have nothing more than a rollercoaster ride