CB - needed

LB - needed

DM - Missiliou

DM - Fage

LF - Nepo

AM - Maouche

RF - Branger

CF - Wilson or Azankpo

SUBS - Woods, Hamer, Wilson or Azankpo, the rest needed. 

That's what I've got from today's veiwing. A team that will do OK in league two. 7 days to go...... 😳 He better pull something out of the bag or even my ever hopeful optimism will be dwindling

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Lacovitti

32 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Lacovetti

It's IACOVITTI, not LACOVITTI (or Lacovetti). Having read all that lot, correcting a player's name is all I've got left.

I know pre-season games don't usually tell you how things are going to work out, but I'm seriously worried after reading posts from those that were there.

How can you replace your best players with this bunch of no hopers and expect to get anywhere. Presumably, Curly Barry and Mo think they're all Premiership class.

What the hell is happening to this club that I have loved for so long? The Lemsagams. That's what's happening. I despise them.

Edited by Bristolatic
  • Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 10:05 PM, Wardie said:

FFS. The lad does something positive.

He's probably happy to be at Latics and some people just have to put a negative spin on it.

Why do you even bother??

I hope he sets the place alight.

Not literally, of course.

© Andy Gorton

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

Thats the problem! 

Yep, I was being sarcastic..

But "anyone but Corney" is a statement no one has ever made, apparently, so I shouldn't be offending anyone by pointing out the stupidity of it.

Friendly or not , watching that lot today was depressing.

We will have a fight to finish higher than last season.

Woods in nets will cost us 6/7 goals this season.

Good shot stopper but disaster off his line.

We need at least one old guard CH and have serious doubts about both fullbacks.

Midfield maybe just passable on a good day !!!

Upfront - Absolutely nothing to even trouble a primary school team.

Something has to change and quickly , problem is I don't see that happening.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, losesome said:

Friendly or not , watching that lot today was depressing.

We will have a fight to finish higher than last season.

Woods in nets will cost us 6/7 goals this season.

Good shot stopper but disaster off his line.

We need at least one old guard CH and have serious doubts about both fullbacks.

Midfield maybe just passable on a good day !!!

Upfront - Absolutely nothing to even trouble a primary school team.

Something has to change and quickly , problem is I don't see that happening.

Woods handling is poor on high balls and low down.. I think over 45 ish game will be higher than 6/7 goals given away plus he tend to parry shots away rather than go to catch them...I used to get roasted when playing for not getting my 2 hands behind the ball.. And if you come for across make sure you win the ball,  he will because nightmare to play in front of plus he doesn't seem tall (I might be wrong) 

I am from the school that pre-season friendlies mean absolutely nothing. I do have to say, however, that the current squad looks woeful from all angles. For only the second time in my life, I am going to have a bet on us getting beaten at FGR. The last time I did that was against Barnsley at home (when Johnson had left to manage them) - I couldn't believe Barnsley were 3-1 for the win - and cashed in big time.

Hate doing it but hey ho, it's starting not to feel like "my Latics" any more.

2 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I said woods would be shit, people clinging on to one promotion with Doncaster. Hes been floating around shite teams and Scotland.

The whole team is young and unexpired, were going to sink so quickly in games it's going to be a disaster.

Out of scores of  goalkeepers available, who chose these two?

10 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Woods handling is poor on high balls and low down.. I think over 45 ish game will be higher than 6/7 goals given away plus he tend to parry shots away rather than go to catch them...I used to get roasted when playing for not getting my 2 hands behind the ball.. And if you come for across make sure you win the ball,  he will because nightmare to play in front of plus he doesn't seem tall (I might be wrong) 

Thought he made a couple of good saves low down and in the conditions. 

I just don't understand what they teach goalies these days though. I was a goalie and if I could get 2 hands on it to punch it away  ( As woods did twice today) I would get bollocked for not catching it.

Also , as their 2nd goal shown , I was also taught if you dive and get a hand to the ball try and knock it out for a corner. Far to many just knock it back into danger.

Seems crazy to me but im sure some modern day coach will tell me otherwise!!!!

2 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Like I said last time this question was asked. Young prem loans haven't done to badly have they ? Why change that formula?

You find the good one's is the answer, not just because they are at Premiership club..

6 minutes ago, losesome said:

Thought he made a couple of good saves low down and in the conditions. 

I just don't understand what they teach goalies these days though. I was a goalie and if I could get 2 hands on it to punch it away  ( As woods did twice today) I would get bollocked for not catching it.

Also , as their 2nd goal shown , I was also taught if you dive and get a hand to the ball try and knock it out for a corner. Far to many just knock it back into danger.

Seems crazy to me but im sure some modern day coach will tell me otherwise!!!!

Why did we let Zues go?.. a reserve, but better than both these.

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Quite. It’s not about screaming or waving arms as McFluff suggested. Yardogs said “communication”. Something you’d expect there to be a lot of. 

but "no speaky da inglish " might be part of the problem 

20 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

At least Sefil wasn’t totally terrible. Today.

The giant centre back who came on as a late Stockport sub was Festus Arthur who played for our youth team last year. but for some reason was released, could prove to be a big mistake.

Having read some more of this thread, I'm concerned if we have two keepers that aren't up to standard. Like others on here, I was also a goalkeeper. Although it's 40 years since I stopped playing at the age of 34, even back then I was taught two hands behind the ball wherever possible, take everybody and everything with you to get to a cross (it's YOUR box, not theirs) and, if you can't dive and catch, make sure you parry it away from goal.

Why is it so different now? They're just basics that should be drummed into every keeper from day one.

I can't believe we've nothing at the other end of the pitch either and, if Vera's the answer (no 9 shirt :lol:), I'm buggered if I know what the question was.

Maybe Azankpo and Wilson will come good, but they need to hit the ground running. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Halifax turn us over on Tuesday and at least that would show the clowns that they should have done everything to keep PW.

For the first time since the 1950s, I'm despondent about the way this club is going and I don't see it getting any better.

I fear a hammering at Forest Green.

• Like 1