Pre Season 2019

Worrying how we look four or five players short and the season starts in a week. 
First Eleven should be in place 2 weeks before the season, to gel, have game time together and start the season running. 

Losing the likes of Iversen, Clarke, Edmundson, and Lang .... four of our better (best) players from last season and replaced them with absolutely nothing ..

• Like 2

On 7/27/2019 at 7:59 PM, Dick_Valentine said:

25/1 for Latics to be lowest scoring team in League 2 this season, thank me later. 

On 7/27/2019 at 9:26 PM, Dave_Og said:

Who with? 

On 7/27/2019 at 9:28 PM, Dick_Valentine said:

Bet Fred 

Can get 28/1 for the same bet with Sky Bet. 

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Seen all 3 and I know which one I'd have. 

Yes I've seen all 3 also.. and I would have Zeus just over these other 2 keepers, I think we are going to concede a few this season with Wooda as number one.. 

7 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Go on. How many times have you seen each play?

Did you see Woods Saturday? If so you'd know he made more mistakes than an Iverson or Ripley would make in a month and we are not talking about difficult skills here he was playing hot potato with nearly every cross.

37 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Did you see Woods Saturday? If so you'd know he made more mistakes than an Iverson or Ripley would make in a month and we are not talking about difficult skills here he was playing hot potato with nearly every cross.

He's been fine before Saturday. Nobody complained about home before then as far as I'm aware

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

The same number as Vera, tell me I'm too hasty with his assessment.

If you can't answer the question then no worries. You've jumped on the bandwagon of other peoples comments regarding Woods.

You forget everyone here has seen players you've actually rated as being good

21 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

He's been fine before Saturday. Nobody complained about home before then as far as I'm aware

First time I've seen him tbf other than on the sketchy live feed from Morocco, he will need to improve on Saturdays performance for sure.

26 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I see 4 4 2 have us finishing second bottom in their annual predictions, Macc bottom and Morecambe one place above us :petesake:

They predicted we'd finish bottom last year, so we're heading in the right direction. 

#slowlyslowly

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

If you can't answer the question then no worries. You've jumped on the bandwagon of other peoples comments regarding Woods.

You forget everyone here has seen players you've actually rated as being good

My contacts in Scotland confirmed exactly what we've seen. A question to you..in all honesty have you seen them both?

Recommendations, no matter from how high in the game can be 100% correct, but all in all I think I get most right.

You appear to relish trashing any of my opinions and of others on here. We are fed up of your constant jealousy and back biting. Try giving a few judgements of your own so we can have a go at you and see how you like it.

Edited by BP1960

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

My contacts in Scotland confirmed exactly what we've seen. A question to you..in all honesty have you seen them both?

No opinions, no matter from how high in the game are 100% correct, but all in all I think I get most right.

You appear to relish trashing any of my opinions. Try giving a few of your own so we can have a go at you.

So your contacts have told you, not you personally seeing him.

That's all we needed to know. Form your own opinion then we can have a discussion

Woods was decent against Dale and had a bad game on Saturday. It happens. He was let down by other team members on Saturday too. Notably Iacovetti and Stott who kept losing their men at set pieces and were out of position on a regular basis. 

Bit of an over reaction from some. 

Edited by kowenicki
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Woods was decent against Dale and had a bad game on Saturday. It happens. He was let down by other team members on Saturday too. Notably Iacovetti and Stott who kept losing their men at set pieces and were out of position on a regular basis. 

It's not his ball handling skills are poor, even in the dale game the ball doesn't stick with him.. you also get a good indication through watching him in warm ups on what type of keeper he is   so no far from an over reaction.. 

17 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Zeus was offered a deal, went on International Duty and then received a text from Mo Lemsagam (I have seen said text) saying "we have signed 2 keepers. Good luck in the future..."

Because that’s the way you do things as professionals isn’t it?!?!?! 

Not surprised at all. It seems to be the way that they generally treat any of the staff at the club. So sad to see our club being run this way by these two, oh and Barry Owen as well. What exactly does he do anyway??

46 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Course it's an over reaction

At this point no-one can tell out of the three which is best, I liked Zeus but he played around 5 games of which 1/2? were league games? The other two have had pre season friendlies to go off.

Can't judge a keeper based on a few games. Even less so when they're EFL trophy and pre season games.

Remember when Sheridan was in charge and AL was just coming in, and then Sheridan turned up for training one day and there were 50 foreign players there who he stated were garbage and fucked em all off?

Well now we just sign them all

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

It's not his ball handling skills are poor, even in the dale game the ball doesn't stick with him.. you also get a good indication through watching him in warm ups on what type of keeper he is   so no far from an over reaction.. 

A solid opinion based on two games is an over reaction. 

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

A solid opinion based on two games is an over reaction. 

My opinion is that gary woods is going to cost us alot of goals this season.. and going of Al's recruitment policy he is another one of his cheap options.. could of done better with at least 1 of the goals he conceded against rochdale and he was all over the place against stockport.. 

The inability of those who knock others to understand what has been written is all part of the age of poor attention span.

I have ignored pre season and have only seen Woods save us from a thrashing in the highlights from Morocco when the opponents wandered at will through our defence (sick).  However other supporters who I respect are clearly concerned by the back five as a unit from what they have seen.

I await a sparkling performance against Crewe.  Fortunately the Vegans are also struggling to score so we might just get a 0 0 draw on Saturday.