Joe Royle Stand and the OEC

The problem with FLG and CLG sitting down together is that they probably have differing ideas on what is best for the football club.  It is a problem when football clubs subcontract services or rent their stadium because the suppliers/owners all want to make a profit leaving the football club running at an even greater loss.

If Marco has failed to reply to an approach by the FLG that is exactly what I would expect him to do given what has gone on before.  It is a mess and if they can't reach an agreement before the start of the season that will be another nail in the coffin of OAFC.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They paid a SLA to OEC and now would be paying a similar amount to the FLG.

What’s the difference? 

AL needs to swallow his pride, suppress his ego, and get that agreement signed. 

We have 100 club members, box holders, and even ST holders in complete limbo here.

If that stand is closed to supporters for league games then that’s another wedge of support he’s going to lose. Fans are going to be seriously pissed off!!

FFS...£750k a year wasted on Menig & Maouche and he’s dithering on a payment for the corporate use of the clubs premier stand!

For the benefit of the club and the fans get together with the FLG and get that agreement signed ASAP.

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

They paid a SLA to Blitz and now would be paying a similar amount to the FLG.

What’s the difference? 

We have 100 club members, box holders, and even ST holders in complete limbo here.

If that stand is closed to supporters for league games then that’s another wedge of support he’s going to lose. Fans are going to be seriously pissed off!!

FFS...£750k a year wasted on Menig & Maouche and he’s dithering on a payment for the corporate use of the clubs premier stand!

For the benefit of the club and the fans get together with the FLG and get that agreement signed ASAP.

:lol:

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

What’s the difference? 

Was going to put eactly this.

He agreed it at takeover, he paid for a year when Corney owed it, and had no issue other tan actually paying it last season.
His issue is his entirely personal slight with the prospective new owners, when he has had professional discord with them.

He's like a man-child with business relationships.

2 minutes ago, singe said:

Was going to put eactly this.

He agreed it at takeover, he paid for a year when Corney owed it, and had no issue other tan actually paying it last season.
His issue is his entirely personal slight with the prospective new owners, when he has had professional discord with them.

He's like a man-child with business relationships.

All correct, but the FLG have stated that it is their ambition to replace him ultimately-hardly likely to get him to play ball is it?

6 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

All correct, but the FLG have stated that it is their ambition to replace him ultimately-hardly likely to get him to play ball is it?

I'm not sure they have publicly stated they want to replace him, but I hope they are in a position if he goes.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

What’s the difference? 

I think an assumption is being made on things being paid. FLG are enforcing the rent and therefore there is now a problem.

Live rent free then sulk when the landlord changes and the new ones want you to pay rent. Odd people are backing the owner here. 

OAFC will be losing money if they cannot sell boxes or season tickets for that stand. The decision not to do this is AL's.

A club ran by local businessmen (who are fans) making money 365 from the North Stand (which they own, or will) or a club ran by a Moroccan former football agent and his brother who have so far brought failure and  embarrassment to the club? Hard call. 

Selling corporate in the Stand I should imagine is key to returning a profit. How the hell can he hope to entice punters and to realise profit ....we’re less than 2 weeks from the seasons opener and he can’t even guarantee that the Stand will be open.

Until he sorts out the playing side and the circus type administration of the Football club it won’t be just the JR Stand losing money!!

His tenure at the club has been fucking disastrous from day one, another year or two of this shite and we won’t have a club!

16 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

I always said it would take some time before we knew the full damage that the so called 3 Amigos have done to the club we love.

They, and especially Blitz, were always in it for the money and when their property deal didn’t hit the jackpot they hoped for they asset stripped what they could, split the whole thing up into a few profit centres for themselves and sold off the tricky bit (you know, the actual football club) to a bloke they must have known was going to be in trouble from the start.

in short, whatever you think of Al and his Brother I will always blame the 3 charlatans for the mess we are in, crooks the lot of them

I'm fairly certain Brassbank was created before the proposed property thing collapsed. While I doubt anyone could have done anything to stop splitting the club's assets up into the club and Brassbank. However, you would expect a competent board member to make notes on precisely what was club and Brassbank on behalf of the other shareholder (the Trust). Barry, somehow, is still on the Board, and is there to advise AL. But there have been lots of factual errors in AL's statements that are easily checked. 

26 minutes ago, Clifford said:

I think an assumption is being made on things being paid. FLG are enforcing the rent and therefore there is now a problem.

Live rent free then sulk when the landlord changes and the new ones want you to pay rent. Odd people are backing the owner here. 

OAFC will be losing money if they cannot sell boxes or season tickets for that stand. The decision not to do this is AL's.

A club ran by local businessmen (who are fans) making money 365 from the North Stand (which they own, or will) or a club ran by a Moroccan former football agent and his brother who have so far brought failure and  embarrassment to the club? Hard call. 

It will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few months when the season starts and results roll in.

If you look at the support for the owner 12 months ago their were a few mutterings of discontent but overall despite a relegation season people we're happy to give AL a pass based on the fact that firstly the owner was on a learning curve and secondly the previous owners left the club in such a desperate state. Fast forward 12 months and its fair to say support for the owner has deteriorated badly.

How do you feel support for the owner will go over the next 12 months with the current squad assembled?

Even factoring in a couple of good signings between now and the start of the season its shaping up to be at best a season of finishing 17th in league 2 and at worst and absolute fucking car crash. Throw in the usual shitstorms that they will no doubt throw at us and it will become harder and harder for rational people to defend the lunacy.

7 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

It will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few months when the season starts and results roll in.

If you look at the support for the owner 12 months ago their were a few mutterings of discontent but overall despite a relegation season people we're happy to give AL a pass based on the fact that firstly the owner was on a learning curve and secondly the previous owners left the club in such a desperate state. Fast forward 12 months and its fair to say support for the owner has deteriorated badly.

How do you feel support for the owner will go over the next 12 months with the current squad assembled?

Even factoring in a couple of good signings between now and the start of the season its shaping up to be at best a season of finishing 17th in league 2 and at worst and absolute fucking car crash. Throw in the usual shitstorms that they will no doubt throw at us and it will become harder and harder for rational people to defend the lunacy.

I think selling Edmundson has given him some time. An early exit from the cups and I think the whole thing will unravel before the end of the season. 

We were bad with wages last season. HMRC and even the gas man kicking off. Factor in a big drop in ST's and the shambles with the North Stand and I worry what will happen this season.

We are going to have a real hit gate money wise and now cant even make a few quid selling the posh season tickets.

We've no idea how much debt has been put up against the club. AL and his minions site the millions he has put in. Let us see how much debt we have. My guess is that OAFC has been paying out a lot more than AL and his brother has.

57 minutes ago, Clifford said:

You have put in a couple of threads that you think Al wasn't either paying rent or not paying on time-do you know this as a fact?

2 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

You have put in a couple of threads that you think Al wasn't either paying rent or not paying on time-do you know this as a fact?

There are others that know more than myself but anyone who isn't blind to the OAFC badge can see the issue here. There is the rumoured amount owed in tax and AL's accountant keeps forgetting to publish the clubs accounts.

I will make assumptions that if we were not paying the gas, the tax and the wages on time then the rent may have been a little lax. That is hardly a massive assumption. Many would say it would be the last thing you'd pay, especially as Blitz is hardly likely to push the owner too much over what will be small fry amounts when he knows the wages and HMRC issues.

Cut to this season, season ticket sales are down, we can't sell corporate season tickets so they have to be refunded and we can't even sell pies out of the kiosks. It's going to get worse.

Why do you think Blitz wants rid? If the rent was coming in he would be making a tidy sum each month for next to nothing wouldn't he?

4 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Ok, I meant paying rent to OEC for the North Stand.

Mr Blitz was the main man there also.

My point still stands, "if we were not paying the gas, the tax and the wages on time then the rent may have been a little lax. That is hardly a massive assumption."

17 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

I always said it would take some time before we knew the full damage that the so called 3 Amigos have done to the club we love.

They, and especially Blitz, were always in it for the money and when their property deal didn’t hit the jackpot they hoped for they asset stripped what they could, split the whole thing up into a few profit centres for themselves and sold off the tricky bit (you know, the actual football club) to a bloke they must have known was going to be in trouble from the start.

in short, whatever you think of Al and his Brother I will always blame the 3 charlatans for the mess we are in, crooks the lot of them

He was here for half a year before the takeover was completed, and has been here for 2 years. He has former  regime Board member advising him. He knew what was owing for two years, and possibily paid it for 2 years including for Corney pre takeover.
for all we know, the rent for the OEC could be at a preferential rate.

Whilst the TTA have a lot to answer for, this sudden flare up is entirey down to one man-child.

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

Mr Blitz was the main man there also.

My point still stands, "if we were not paying the gas, the tax and the wages on time then the rent may have been a little lax. That is hardly a massive assumption."

Ok, is what I thought originally-you don't know and are making the pieces fit to suit your take on the OEC ownership issues. 

18 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I heard a rumour that someone from a well known investments company (May be Morgan Stanley, but it was earlier this year when I was verbally told) is involved who does have capital.

That's the chap who joined the Trust. He may have the funds available to buy out OEC and Brassbank, and have the knowledge of where to get it if he hasn't.

4 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

1) Ok, I meant paying rent to OEC for the North Stand.

51 minutes ago, al_bro said:

2) That's the chap who joined the Trust. He may have the funds available to buy out OEC and Brassbank, and have the knowledge of where to get it if he hasn't.

1) When we had the fans' meeting with Corney, it was explained that "the club" rented the ground etc - it was also clarified that, certainly the season of the meeting, the landlord had agreed not to take any rent. Perhaps AL was under this assumption - I have no idea but there was certainly a fair period of time when the club was indeed living "rent free".

2) It has been clarified before that the chap who joined the Trust is merely an employee of JP Morgan - not some moneybags partner/director of it. He had the job title of "MD" or something like that but it's one of those companies where the tea lady gets a job title like "Head of Corporate Hospitality" - in other words he's not some rich director of an investment bank. He may, of course, have the necessary contacts to enquire seriously about raising the necessary capital via various means.

4 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Ok, is what I thought originally-you don't know and are making the pieces fit to suit your take on the OEC ownership issues. 

So your theory would be the owner has done this massive tantrum over a 4% rent increase? Wow. 

Fellas being made to pay his way and can't. Be it tax, wages, bills we have struggled to touch the sides since he came. As has been confirmed rent was being called in at one point. Nothing lasts forever.

GE getting a good fee has saved him for 6 months.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

1) When we had the fans' meeting with Corney, it was explained that "the club" rented the ground etc - it was also clarified that, certainly the season of the meeting, the landlord had agreed not to take any rent. Perhaps AL was under this assumption - I have no idea but there was certainly a fair period of time when the club was indeed living "rent free".

So how does this sit with this?

6 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

What if they aren't making money but still covering the costs to build it? If they don't keep up the payments and the bank takes control, we'd be in a worse position IMO.

If there was supposedly no rental income does it mean the stand is fully paid for and no borrowing against it?

1 minute ago, Clifford said:

So your theory would be the owner has done this massive tantrum over a 4% rent increase? Wow. 

Unlike you I do not have theory-nor do I post made up stories to suit your current vendetta against the current ownership.

Your last couple of posts are months out of date as there has been no problem with wages, bills,tax for some time, but you keep trying to use it.

Agreed GE funds will have helped-just like it has always done for us in the past-nothing new here.

Archived