Joe Royle Stand and the OEC

1 hour ago, Chaddy14 said:

The meeting next week will I presume give a chance for the currently anonymous group to give their (one) side of the case. ,,

I can see an away game replacement for Saturday's  Bolton game being announced next week.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Did anyone frequent the North Stand hospitality yesterday? How was it? Many there? Pies promising for next season? 

Decent pint. Took a while for people to come in but yeah there was a few in. Nice touch coffee tea and pies all free. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Did anyone frequent the North Stand hospitality yesterday? How was it? Many there? Pies promising for next season? 

Mentioned it earlier kow - I know it was a friendly but, to be honest, it was all a bit flat in the fans' bar and the attendance in there was certainly a lot less than I expected. The pies on offer were first class - particularly the chicken, leek and mushroom - absolutely delicious. I also called into the O2 as a comparison - was busier with a much better atmosphere - perhaps the £2 per drink did the trick (although only cider on draught - the beers/lagers were all cans).

I don't know why but I expected the fans' bar to be elsewhere - it was in the Broadway suite, which I`ve been to before for weddings and meals etc. I had it in my head that it was a completely new unit - clearly, I`m going daft.

2 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Mentioned it earlier kow - I know it was a friendly but, to be honest, it was all a bit flat in the fans' bar and the attendance in there was certainly a lot less than I expected. The pies on offer were first class - particularly the chicken, leek and mushroom - absolutely delicious. I also called into the O2 as a comparison - was busier with a much better atmosphere - perhaps the £2 per drink did the trick (although only cider on draught - the beers/lagers were all cans).

I don't know why but I expected the fans' bar to be elsewhere - it was in the Broadway suite, which I`ve been to before for weddings and meals etc. I had it in my head that it was a completely new unit - clearly, I`m going daft.

Cheers.  When you say a lot less than you expected. Was it 50? 100?

53 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Didn't the FLG originally release video of the empty top floor with a view to it becoming the fans bar? 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

You’ve got to hand it to Blitz. 

Money key from the houses and kidney unit. Rent from Corney and now A/L every year since he left- holding out for top dollar on the OEC and ground. All with no liability for the football club. 

Thanks for memories. 😩

Not forgetting his rallying support at Fulham.

3 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

For the good of the football club AL & the FLG need to get round a table and sort it all out ASAP, otherwise it’s going to escalate big time and develop into a Coventry type scenario and that’s the last thing we want!!!

We all want that, but AL seems to be unable to accept it. Anyone who disagrees with him gets fired.

The FLG wrote to him in May regarding the SLA, and he hasn't responded. If it were me and I thought they were asking too much, I would try and negotiate a better deal. He hasn't done that, he has just brushed them aside and closed the stand.

On another point. I doubt the suspected FLG members spoken about on here have the millions needed to buy out Blitz and Gazal. Didn't Holroy go bust, mainly because they weren't paid all the money for building the stand?. Wood will have a few quid, but he's got three restaurants now, and they must have needed significant investment. As for Brooke and Broady I have no idea, but I can't see them having anything like the cash needed. There must be other, more wealthy people involved. Maybe that guy who recently joined the trust who works in finance in London is involved in some way. Unfortunately I didn't win the Euro lottery, so I can't join them.

1 hour ago, Jimbooth said:

Didn't the FLG originally release video of the empty top floor with a view to it becoming the fans bar? 

They did -

But I suppose on Sat and next Sat they didn't have any functions booked in the Broadway Suite so took the opportunity to let any fan in who wanted   a pie and pint..

4 hours ago, laticsrblue said:

I can see an away game replacement for Saturday's  Bolton game being announced next week.

Looking for a high ranking non league team to fill in at ours apparently, happened to be behind the scenes yesterday, not summat I normally do or have access to but that was what I was told.

1 hour ago, inspectormorose said:

Looking for a high ranking non league team to fill in at ours apparently, happened to be behind the scenes yesterday, not summat I normally do or have access to but that was what I was told.

Only 'high ranked' non league team I can see who have no game next Saturday are newly promoted National League  side Stockport County so this scenario could be plausible.

5 hours ago, League one forever said:

You’ve got to hand it to Blitz. 

Money key from the houses and kidney unit. Rent from Corney and now A/L every year since he left- holding out for top dollar on the OEC and ground. All with no liability for the football club. 

Thanks for memories. 😩

I always said it would take some time before we knew the full damage that the so called 3 Amigos have done to the club we love.

They, and especially Blitz, were always in it for the money and when their property deal didn’t hit the jackpot they hoped for they asset stripped what they could, split the whole thing up into a few profit centres for themselves and sold off the tricky bit (you know, the actual football club) to a bloke they must have known was going to be in trouble from the start.

in short, whatever you think of Al and his Brother I will always blame the 3 charlatans for the mess we are in, crooks the lot of them

40 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I always said it would take some time before we knew the full damage that the so called 3 Amigos have done to the club we love.

They, and especially Blitz, were always in it for the money and when their property deal didn’t hit the jackpot they hoped for they asset stripped what they could, split the whole thing up into a few profit centres for themselves and sold off the tricky bit (you know, the actual football club) to a bloke they must have known was going to be in trouble from the start.

in short, whatever you think of Al and his Brother I will always blame the 3 charlatans for the mess we are in, crooks the lot of them

I do hope someone hasn’t take on a load of debt to buy eventually buy him out... he’ll be pissing himself. 

4 hours ago, inspectormorose said:

Fylde or Stockport  maybe from the connections?

5 hours ago, al_bro said:

On another point. I doubt the suspected FLG members spoken about on here have the millions needed to buy out Blitz and Gazal. Didn't Holroy go bust, mainly because they weren't paid all the money for building the stand?. Wood will have a few quid, but he's got three restaurants now, and they must have needed significant investment. As for Brooke and Broady I have no idea, but I can't see them having anything like the cash needed. There must be other, more wealthy people involved. Maybe that guy who recently joined the trust who works in finance in London is involved in some way. Unfortunately I didn't win the Euro lottery, so I can't join them.

I heard a rumour that someone from a well known investments company (May be Morgan Stanley, but it was earlier this year when I was verbally told) is involved who does have capital.

Archived