Forest Green Rovers (a)

Im not really looking forward to this one, not after the shite what has been recruited by the planks who are in charge and from what I’ve seen in the pre season friendly I watched, but it will be ground number 84 for me to tick off, so myself and my son will be making the journey down 

1 minute ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

Buzzing for this one.  Me and my 3 lads are travelling down to the South West early Friday afternoon returning on Sunday.  Middle son is 18 on Wednesday so I’m looking forward to buying him his first legal pint - if he’s recovered from his current holiday in Kavos that is.  Even my eldest has got a weekend off from work which is difficult for him but brilliant news for him, me and his brothers.

We have decided that this season will be one of away days, new grounds, food, drink and plenty of laughs.  We may get to BP, but as a family, have no wish to support the current regime. We are a fickle family of four though so that may change after a few wins 🤣🤣🤣

I’ve been a Latics’ fan for 50 years.  Despite having no affinity to Oldham, having been born in Newcastle, Northampton and Darlington respectively and with plenty of other more successful temptations in footballing life, my boys want to support Latics and nobody else.  This weekend to me is what supporting your team means and to be honest, a lot of it is due to the tribalism that this infectious game creates.  It’s why all of us argue and debate so much on here as we care passionately about our Club.  

Our Club.  Not the CLG’s.  Not the FLG’s.  Not TTA’s, Torex’s, JWL’s nor any of the other temporary custodians past, present or future.  

None of the players are at fault for the shit show that our Club has become.  They will get our total support win or lose.  Provided that they give a shit and play to the best of their abilities and for me, the bar hasn’t been set very high.

Yes I wish we still had Clarke and Baxter.  Maybe there’s still hope for Lang or a Surridge type to join on loan.  But if it’s Iacovitti or Maouche or Desire wearing the shirt then so be it.  The fault is not theirs.

Obviously, I want us to win.  Playing well would be ok.  Whatever happens though, I hope the atmosphere is one that is safe and supportive meaning we can all leave FGR feeling proud of ourselves and our team.  One thing I am certain of is that 90 minutes of football will not spoil my weekend with my boys nor being part of our big Oldham family.

”We’re Taking Over Your Tofu Again”.

See you on Saturday 👏👏👏👏👏👏

Out of upboats unfortunately :imnotworthy:

25 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

Buzzing for this one.  Me and my 3 lads are travelling down to the South West early Friday afternoon returning on Sunday.  Middle son is 18 on Wednesday so I’m looking forward to buying him his first legal pint - if he’s recovered from his current holiday in Kavos that is.  Even my eldest has got a weekend off from work which is difficult for him but brilliant news for him, me and his brothers.

We have decided that this season will be one of away days, new grounds, food, drink and plenty of laughs.  We may get to BP, but as a family, have no wish to support the current regime. We are a fickle family of four though so that may change after a few wins 🤣🤣🤣

I’ve been a Latics’ fan for 50 years.  Despite having no affinity to Oldham, having been born in Newcastle, Northampton and Darlington respectively and with plenty of other more successful temptations in footballing life, my boys want to support Latics and nobody else.  This weekend to me is what supporting your team means and to be honest, a lot of it is due to the tribalism that this infectious game creates.  It’s why all of us argue and debate so much on here as we care passionately about our Club.  

Our Club.  Not the CLG’s.  Not the FLG’s.  Not TTA’s, Torex’s, JWL’s nor any of the other temporary custodians past, present or future.  

None of the players are at fault for the shit show that our Club has become.  They will get our total support win or lose.  Provided that they give a shit and play to the best of their abilities and for me, the bar hasn’t been set very high.

Yes I wish we still had Clarke and Baxter.  Maybe there’s still hope for Lang or a Surridge type to join on loan.  But if it’s Iacovitti or Maouche or Desire wearing the shirt then so be it.  The fault is not theirs.

Obviously, I want us to win.  Playing well would be ok.  Whatever happens though, I hope the atmosphere is one that is safe and supportive meaning we can all leave FGR feeling proud of ourselves and our team.  One thing I am certain of is that 90 minutes of football will not spoil my weekend with my boys nor being part of our big Oldham family.

”We’re Taking Over Your Tofu Again”.

See you on Saturday 👏👏👏👏👏👏

Fair play and a good post.

Most like a bloody good moan (myself included) and heaven knows we’ve had a fair bit to moan about over the years. But it all comes down to one thing - our love of OAFC and a good away day. If we didn’t care we wouldn’t be on here and other platforms putting our two-penneth in. Enjoy your weekend with your boys and I hope we still have a Latics around in a decade or so, so I can do the same with mine. 

Avoid the burgers. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

It looks like we’ve sold around 360.....we used to pretty much double advance sales with POTD but I guess things have changed a bit these days 

844 last season so we’ll see

I'm paying on the day :chubb:

I'll be there with my "bruv" Mac and his son-in-law. 40 minutes or so down the road for me. I'll support the team, get frustrated with them, but get behind them. Most of the time, anyway.

I want to see us win, but fear the worst, but as long as every player puts a shift in, you can't ask for much more from the less talented in our squad.

If, on the other hand, it looks like they can't be arsed, I'll vent my spleen, but won't let it spoil my weekend.

Mrs B and I are going away for three days in London on Sunday morning. Evening meal with step-son the younger on Sunday night, lunch at The Shard on Monday and a day doing what we want on Tuesday. Latics are not allowed to spoil that.

As for the Chuckle Brothers, they can piss off any time they want.

The vegetable samosas at FGR are bloody lovely, so at least that will be a bit of enjoyment.

5 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I'll be there with my "bruv" Mac and his son-in-law. 40 minutes or so down the road for me. I'll support the team, get frustrated with them, but get behind them. Most of the time, anyway.

I want to see us win, but fear the worst, but as long as every player puts a shift in, you can't ask for much more from the less talented in our squad.

If, on the other hand, it looks like they can't be arsed, I'll vent my spleen, but won't let it spoil my weekend.

Mrs B and I are going away for three days in London on Sunday morning. Evening meal with step-son the younger on Sunday night, lunch at The Shard on Monday and a day doing what we want on Tuesday. Latics are not allowed to spoil that.

As for the Chuckle Brothers, they can piss off any time they want.

The vegetable samosas at FGR are bloody lovely, so at least that will be a bit of enjoyment.

Curry and chips for me.

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

With less than a week till the season kicks off I was just wondering if anyone is going other than me, gonna try and enjoy the day out and hopefully we won't get embarrassed by the mighty vegans of FGR. :bblue2: 

Can't remember when you last used the word 'enjoy' whilst talking about Latics. Hope it turns out well!