Morecambe(H) 🔵v🔴

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

If you knew what "Gut feeling" meant then why refer to it as a "theory"?

Because its your ‘theory’, based on ‘gut feeling’. 

25 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Anyway, enough of the insults....genuine question.....do you think a manager could deliberately set a team up to fail? 

Could? Yes I do think that. Would they? I seriously doubt someone would do it deliberately, no. There’s too many variables involved (e.g. players ignoring instructions or flukey wins) and it would look pretty obvious. Especially to the players being managed one way one season and then differently the next. There would be too much at stake for the manager’s future career too if people found out about it. Especially if it was only for a job at Oldham Athletic where there is no job security. 

4 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Could? Yes I do think that. Would they? I seriously doubt someone would do it deliberately, no. There’s too many variables involved (e.g. players ignoring instructions or flukey wins) and it would look pretty obvious. Especially to the players being managed one way one season and then differently the next. There would be too much at stake for the manager’s future career too if people found out about it. Especially if it was only for a job at Oldham Athletic where there is no job security. 

I understand your points completely but I still have to go back to my "gut feeling". During the close season, when we picked up the likes of Woods and Mills, comments where made on another thread about who, in the club, picked these players for signing because this was before Banide turned up.....some said BO, I always thought that it was AL and ML because of their agents' experience but I'm leaning ever so slightly towards Dino having an influence......It's nothing that can be proven hence my "gut feeling......not to be confused with IBS".

38 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

I understand your points completely but I still have to go back to my "gut feeling". During the close season, when we picked up the likes of Woods and Mills, comments where made on another thread about who, in the club, picked these players for signing because this was before Banide turned up.....some said BO, I always thought that it was AL and ML because of their agents' experience but I'm leaning ever so slightly towards Dino having an influence......It's nothing that can be proven hence my "gut feeling......not to be confused with IBS".

You really think the manager of another club made our summer signings?  Do you think Lord Lucan shares a flat with Elvis, Princess Di and Shergar?

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

You really think the manager of another club made our summer signings?  Do you think Lord Lucan shares a flat with Elvis, Princess Di and Shergar?

How about the idea that he was a "manager in waiting"? Posters rubbished the idea that the Brothers or BO were responsible so who did? 

Anyway, that lot are in the hidden Nazi fortress buried under the Antarctic ice.

13 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

I have a "gut" feeling that all this management merry-go-round was contrived.

Dino interviewed in the close season.

Stevenage want silly money.

Latics do a deal with Dino (GUESSWORK).

Latics bring in an unemployed, unknown foreign manager......pay him £25,000 for 3 months with free digs in a good hotel.(GUESSWORK)

Stevenage have a crap start and sack the manager after crap (not unlucky) performances.

Banide out with the minimum of fuss.

Dino in 2 hours later..

We all know there is no loyalty in football.

Am I missing something here?

Yes, a screw.

12 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

The game is littered with dodgy dealings......we only know about the one's that get uncovered. 

Hi Mike, If you are the person I think you are, are you able to give us an update on this. I will presume you mean stuff around the North stand build?

Cheers

5 minutes ago, underdog said:

Hi Mike, If you are the person I think you are, are you able to give us an update on this. I will presume you mean stuff around the North stand build?

Cheers

That is definitely a different Mike......apologies for any misunderstanding.

17 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Awwe, you shoulda come.  Was great.  Crowd singing some of the old songs.  3 great goals.  Sun shining.  We missed you. 

Thanks for the concern kow, appreciated. I missed you too, honey.

Like some others, I spent the day gardening. Unlike many others, one win (or as I`ve said before, ten on the bounce) won't change my mind, because I`m not that fickle. I don't like the current set-up at all - it feels completely alien to me. So, I`m in for a long wait until new owners come in.

Over and out.

On 9/20/2019 at 11:51 PM, whittles left foot said:

I don't go to watch the chairman. I don't go to watch the manager. I go to watch my team, yes 11 players kicking a bag of wind around a grass pitch, not very well at the moment although I did think the football was improving under Banide.

Do I like what's going on at the moment-No.

These pretend protesters ( and it is a pretence because you collectively have done nothing to change anything so far) do nothing but moan, make the club poorer and accelerate its decline-fine carry on-we supporters carry on watching our team whilst we still have one.

I bow to your moral superiority, whittles. I shall self-flagellate in penance with the stinging nettles I uprooted whilst gardening yesterday instead of watching "my team".

For the record, I am ALWAYS glad when Latics win; it puts me in a good mood for the weekend. Also for the record, I abhor what is happening at "my club". In my eyes, it's not just "my team" you see; the whole thing is a collective (owner, manager, team, backroom, fans etc). When just one of those elements is distinctly out of kilter with the rest, it creates real disharmony. Remember Jack Byrne? Very good player but, by all accounts, created disharmony amongst the squad, so had to go.

For me, it's the same with the owner and hence my own approach (and, evidentially, around a thousand others too).

Yours - Pretend Protester.

31 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I bow to your moral superiority, whittles. I shall self-flagellate in penance with the stinging nettles I uprooted whilst gardening yesterday instead of watching "my team".

For the record, I am ALWAYS glad when Latics win; it puts me in a good mood for the weekend. Also for the record, I abhor what is happening at "my club". In my eyes, it's not just "my team" you see; the whole thing is a collective (owner, manager, team, backroom, fans etc). When just one of those elements is distinctly out of kilter with the rest, it creates real disharmony. Remember Jack Byrne? Very good player but, by all accounts, created disharmony amongst the squad, so had to go.

For me, it's the same with the owner and hence my own approach (and, evidentially, around a thousand others too).

Yours - Pretend Protester.

Still doesn’t explain why you and others are so quiet when we win. You say ‘one win, won’t bring me back’ but does it stop you showing an interest in the team? The only time you post it’s about your displeasure, yesterday we had a good home win. Yet I’ve read nothing from you and others yesterday saying good win/pleased for the manager etc. 

Do you not want to say well done, because you feel it will vindicate the terrible twins? 

#supporttheteamhatetheregime.

Couple of question to all those who went yesterday:

1) I listened to the commentary and it sounded like an excellent, well deserved performance and win. Both Mike and Roy gave their opinion on who should have got the MoM award with their choice being between Mills and Maouche but the award going to Missilou. Was it the correct decision and, if not, then who?

2) How did Dino do? Was he as manic as we have been led to believe?

3) How did the new look defence shape up?

18 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Still doesn’t explain why you and others are so quiet when we win. You say ‘one win, won’t bring me back’ but does it stop you showing an interest in the team? The only time you post it’s about your displeasure, yesterday we had a good home win. Yet I’ve read nothing from you and others yesterday saying good win/pleased for the manager etc. 

Do you not want to say well done, because you feel it will vindicate the terrible twins? 

We have just won only our second game of the season out of the 1st 10. We currently sit 20th in league 2.

Do you honestly 1 win at home over Morecambe changes anything?

Now if we went on a long term shit storm free period where we left the manager coaches and players to just get on with it and we saw winning become a habit then you would see the mood change you would see people like Wiseowl return. But the way things have gone for the last 2 years we know full well we are just awaiting the next shitstorm and we know full it will happen sooner rather later.

16 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Couple of question to all those who went yesterday:

1) I listened to the commentary and it sounded like an excellent, well deserved performance and win. Both Mike and Roy gave their opinion on who should have got the MoM award with their choice being between Mills and Maouche but the award going to Missilou. Was it the correct decision and, if not, then who?

2) How did Dino do? Was he as manic as we have been led to believe?

3) How did the new look defence shape up?

1) Missy was a brilliant driving force from midfield and had a couple of cracks at goal too. Ran out of steam towards the end but deserving of MOM in my opinion;

2) Looked pretty restrained really, unlike his back muscles which were barely restrained by his shirt!;

3) We’ll concede more frequently against the better sides if we maintain the high defensive line. Refreshing to see an emphasis on attack to reduce pressure on the defence.

For those supporting the team, but not the regime, I'm curious how exactly you don't support the regime? 

#supporttheteamdon'tliketheregime might be more accurate. 

I'm not having a go, it's painful enough me not listening on iFollow , so not actually going would be excruciating, but if you go -you support them.  

2 minutes ago, JohnnyPimp said:

1) Missy was a brilliant driving force from midfield and had a couple of cracks at goal too. Ran out of steam towards the end but deserving of MOM in my opinion;

2) Looked pretty restrained really, unlike his back muscles which were barely restrained by his shirt!;

3) We’ll concede more frequently against the better sides if we maintain the high defensive line. Refreshing to see an emphasis on attack to reduce pressure on the defence.

You could hear Biscotti getting some shit on the commentary. Now we've lost our best left back to Chesterfield, would you stick with him?

53 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Well.... I was gardening (more like civil engineering actually) until 6.30pm when I had to dive in the bath ready for a night out. I was delighted with the result (wife told me whilst I was playing with my... rubber duck). It made my evening/weekend. Having semi sobered up this morning, I came on here.

I have oozed with positivity in the past but, let's be honest, there's precious little to be positive about currently is there?

I`m not one of those that's been taken in by the silly American style work training courses where you have to be positive about everything all the time. When it's shit, it's shit - and when it's great, it's great. Obviously, with the in-between times as well (which is generally where the norm lies).

It's been more shit than great lately, hence my posts reflecting that.

Now, well done lads and a great start for the new manager.

24 minutes ago, singe said:

For those supporting the team, but not the regime, I'm curious how exactly you don't support the regime? 

#supporttheteamdon'tliketheregime might be more accurate. 

I'm not having a go, it's painful enough me not listening on iFollow , so not actually going would be excruciating, but if you go -you support them.  

Are you saying that by going to the games to support the team you, by association, support the owners?

I suppose it depends on whether the support you are referring to is financial support or whether you mean a support that condones the actions of the owners?

I go to the games, I have a season ticket so I suppose that I financially support the regime however I do not condone or agree with the way that the regime operates in many of the things that they do.

I’m not having a go but I’m curious to know if there is another way that I can support the team, home and away,  without ‘supporting’ the regime?

#supporttheteamhatetheregime works for me.

7 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Are you saying that by going to the games to support the team you, by association, support the owners?

I suppose it depends on whether the support you are referring to is financial support or whether you mean a support that condones the actions of the owners?

I go to the games, I have a season ticket so I suppose that I financially support the regime however I do not condone or agree with the way that the regime operates in many of the things that they do.

I’m not having a go but I’m curious to know if there is another way that I can support the team, home and away,  without ‘supporting’ the regime?

#supporttheteamhatetheregime works for me.

That was really my question, how to support the team but not support the regime. Agree your hashtag works. But how to support the team but take the power of the regime is the 6m dollar question

Archived