Morecambe(H) 🔵v🔴

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

But thats the problem isn't it Im completely indifferent about it because its unlikey to lead to anything.

You're post has an air of Shut up we beat Morecambe at home what more do you want about it.

If this is now followed with several wins and a climbing up the table the mood and attitude around the club will change aslong as their is no off the pitch shitstorms. But for now while we are still hovering around the football league trap door Im going to remain sceptical. Im open minded enough to change though.

😂 You’ve just said it again. 

‘I’m indifferent because it’s unlikely to lead to anything’ 

Your interest of the team is conditional on our results? If we win 5 on the bounce you might think about showing an interest again? While we struggle it’s all the owners fault. When/if we win more consistently your happy to ‘forget’ about the owner. 

In either case the owner won’t change, but your interest level will. 

I hate everything. . . . until we start winning more. 😁

49 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I should, apparently, be singing from the rooftops after a home win against............. Morecambe.

I`m glad we won but, believe it or not, we should routinely be beating such teams at home. 

Laughable! 

Expection that lives firmly in the past whilst spoilt on all the glory, whilst the here and now suggests that we have no god given right to be routinely beating anyone and we won't 

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

A good post.

I was beginning to question my sanity. Are these people correct? Has my perception of things been all wrong?

I mean after all, following a relegation to the bottom tier under our "saviour", being close to the foot of that bottom tier now, having suffered dizzy spells watching staff/players/managers come and go, eating cold pies and drinking expensive warm beer in the stand and seeing a 75% empty football stadium, with zero atmosphere, at matches............. I should, apparently, be singing from the rooftops after a home win against............. Morecambe.

I`m glad we won but, believe it or not, we should routinely be beating such teams at home. 

😂😂😂

So even when we win, it’s because we ‘should’. Dear me. 

You and others just can not separate a win with our ‘saviour’. 

I’ll say it again, and I’ll keep it saying it. 

We are awfully run. I hate it. However the team (unless Wheater is AL in disguise) not the ‘saviour’ got a good home win yesterday, and people don’t like it because they just can’t separate the 11 lads who wear the shirt, and the ‘saviour’ 

#supporttheteamhatetheregime.

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Are people genuinely surprised that the positive reaction after beating Morecambe 3-1 isn't equal to the negative reaction following the latest news of a new depth plumbed in either league position or how the club is run after 25 years of steady decline and little to cheer about?  Or just faux outrage to try and prove a point?

Anyway, great for the new boss to get a win to start with, great for a striker to get on the scoresheet, great that Maouche had a good game.  And I really hope the story about Mo and half time is true - interference has definitely happened under this regime (more than you would expect from a DoF and owner) and one big downside of that must surely be that the players don't know who's boss when it comes to tactics, training and selection.  If Maamria is laying the law down and is in clear, sole charge then that's a massive step in the right direction.

If that's true ( and hopefully it is) does that imply the others were weak managers and allowed that to happen!!!!!

35 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂😂😂

So even when we win, it’s because we ‘should’. Dear me. 

You and others just can not separate a win with our ‘saviour’. 

I’ll say it again, and I’ll keep it saying it. 

We are awfully run. I hate it. However the team (unless Wheater is AL in disguise) not the ‘saviour’ got a good home win yesterday, and people don’t like it because they just can’t separate the 11 lads who wear the shirt, and the ‘saviour’ 

#supporttheteamhatetheregime.

Well said that person.

54 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂 You’ve just said it again. 

‘I’m indifferent because it’s unlikely to lead to anything’ 

Your interest of the team is conditional on our results? If we win 5 on the bounce you might think about showing an interest again? While we struggle it’s all the owners fault. When/if we win more consistently your happy to ‘forget’ about the owner. 

In either case the owner won’t change, but your interest level will. 

I hate everything. . . . until we start winning more. 😁

Thats how football works its a results based business you win more games people take more interest crowds go up. We fail crowds go down.

My beef with the owner is based on the fact that he has had a negative impact on results resulting in us being at the bottom of league 2 a 50+ year low.

12 hours ago, losesome said:

If that's true ( and hopefully it is) does that imply the others were weak managers and allowed that to happen!!!!!

You could interpret it that way.  But Wellens, Bunn and Wild were in their first jobs (sort of in Bunn's case) so you could understand them not wanting to rock the boat. And Scholes said he'd walk if it happened, which it did and he did. Wild didn't fancy it any more and left.  Banide presumably fully signed up to the 'model' and they binned him off 11 games in anyway.

Personally I'd be surprised if they've realised the errors of their ways and will keep their oar out in future.  But I live in hope.

10 hours ago, latics22 said:

The "realistic" facebook group say that the story about him kicking mo out isn't true. They say he was getting a drink and chatting with people at half time.

Fake news is soon pounced on social media.

20 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Couple (*) of question to all those who went yesterday:

1) I listened to the commentary and it sounded like an excellent, well deserved performance and win. Both Mike and Roy gave their opinion on who should have got the MoM award with their choice being between Mills and Maouche but the award going to Missilou. Was it the correct decision and, if not, then who?

2) How did Dino do? Was he as manic as we have been led to believe?

3) How did the new look defence shape up?

1) Maouche was my MotM. Mills and Missilou close too.

2) Lively throughout the game - he is a presence on the touchline and that had a positive impact on the performance on the pitch but also on the fans in the stand.

3) Looked better balanced but if we play a defensive midfielder then that player has to stay central in front of the back four. Often too much room for the opposition. Both Missilou and Sylla like to get forward - so it’s important that when one pushes forward the other drops deeper.

*btw that’s three questions...:peepwall:

11 hours ago, latics22 said:

The "realistic" facebook group say that the story about him kicking mo out isn't true. They say he was getting a drink and chatting with people at half time.

Believe it was before the game, rather than at half time

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

1) Maouche was my MotM. Mills and Missilou close too.

2) Lively throughout the game - he is a presence on the touchline and that had a positive impact on the performance on the pitch but also on the fans in the stand.

3) Looked better balanced but if we play a defensive midfielder then that player has to stay central in front of the back four. Often too much room for the opposition. Both Missilou and Sylla like to get forward - so it’s important that when one pushes forward the other drops deeper.

*btw that’s three questions...:peepwall:

Bastard....I've never liked you!!! 😄

On 9/22/2019 at 3:07 PM, TheBigDog said:

Agree with this. I have no interest in whether you go to watch hockey, spend the day in the garden, go to watch Halifax at home or any other alternative. 

Isn't it just. Some of the things I've seen posted is almost akin to bragging "I've had a better day than you...you silly fool..." The knobheads 😅

On 9/22/2019 at 3:20 PM, al_bro said:

One feature yesterday was the closing down. The whole team put a real shift in, and it must have been pretty hot out there. Segbe never stops running and will be a good partner for a decent striker. No doubt they were trying to impress the new manager by showing their work ethic. If they can keep that up we should start moving up the table. 

No different to Grimsby game that. Just that they ran out of legs in the last 10 minutes and Woods threw one in after we missed a cracking chance for 3-1 (which we took this week.) Honestly feel the last 3 games have been performances well worthy of the 3pts but for unfortunate GK errors costing us. Definitely much better. Carlisle is a graveyard for us, so a win there will be impressive.

14 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

No different to Grimsby game that. Just that they ran out of legs in the last 10 minutes and Woods threw one in after we missed a cracking chance for 3-1 (which we took this week.) Honestly feel the last 3 games have been performances well worthy of the 3pts but for unfortunate GK errors costing us. Definitely much better. Carlisle is a graveyard for us, so a win there will be impressive.

The only "chance" we had against Grimsby at 2-1 was the one Azankpo hit straight at the keeper. Ultimately, this was irrelevant as he was flagged offside anyway.

Nothing in the division and I like the look and sound of Dino as well as his passion at the end, really makes me feel like he is trying to galvanise a divided fan base. I just hope he is left to his own devices and can pick up the points required to take us up to mid table and above. 

Segbé had a class game on Saturday. Chasing everything, brilliant finish, challenged every ball (although his height is a bit of a disadvantage for those lovely League Two hoofs up-field). Noticed after the game he was the last in after signing shirts, having photos with people.

Refreshing to see a player with that much spirit. Really like the guy.

Archived