Morecambe(H) 🔵v🔴

53 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

You could hear Biscotti getting some shit on the commentary. Now we've lost our best left back to Chesterfield, would you stick with him?

Iacovitti is a big fella, which should have it’s uses but his distribution anything further than fifteen yards is shocking. It would help if he looked up before passing.

I personally don’t see Dino sticking with him.

Smith-Brown should be the obvious fit but he hasn’t had the best of starts either.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

We have just won only our second game of the season out of the 1st 10. We currently sit 20th in league 2.

Do you honestly 1 win at home over Morecambe changes anything?

Now if we went on a long term shit storm free period where we left the manager coaches and players to just get on with it and we saw winning become a habit then you would see the mood change you would see people like Wiseowl return. But the way things have gone for the last 2 years we know full well we are just awaiting the next shitstorm and we know full it will happen sooner rather later.

This is exactly what I’m talking about Glossop. 

Once again your conflating a simple home win with the bigger issue. Of course it doesn’t solve anything- how could it? We wanted goals- we got them. We wanted to stop giving leads away. Yesterday was a start. We needed a win. We got one. Can we talk about the game without it needing the constant caveat of the ongoing turmoil? 

Your post has an air of, ‘If you think I’m going to celebrate winning with the mess that’s going on, you’ve another thing coming’  I genuinely think some people are ever so slightly pissed off when we win, as they see it as vindicating the regime. It isn’t. 

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

I bow to your moral superiority, whittles. I shall self-flagellate in penance with the stinging nettles I uprooted whilst gardening yesterday instead of watching "my team".

For the record, I am ALWAYS glad when Latics win; it puts me in a good mood for the weekend. Also for the record, I abhor what is happening at "my club". In my eyes, it's not just "my team" you see; the whole thing is a collective (owner, manager, team, backroom, fans etc). When just one of those elements is distinctly out of kilter with the rest, it creates real disharmony. Remember Jack Byrne? Very good player but, by all accounts, created disharmony amongst the squad, so had to go.

For me, it's the same with the owner and hence my own approach (and, evidentially, around a thousand others too).

Yours - Pretend Protester.

I am sorry but I just don't buy into this everything has to be just so at the club for me to enjoy and attend. We go to watch the team surely?

Once again no reply to how you are financially damaging the club with your pretend protest and potentially putting it deeper into the mire. The logical consequence of your actions is other than regime change (has this ever worked in football where fans just stop going to get owners out?) then administration and you can all be happy that you contributed to it.

I also note you have not managed to come up with any form of protest so far other than telling us not to attend and not to support The Trust. Lots of Don'ts but no Do's

Finally why do posters think we have any interest in what they are doing instead of going to Latics?

2 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

I am sorry but I just don't buy into this everything has to be just so at the club for me to enjoy and attend. We go to watch the team surely?

Once again no reply to how you are financially damaging the club with your pretend protest and potentially putting it deeper into the mire. The logical consequence of your actions is other than regime change (has this ever worked in football where fans just stop going to get owners out?) then administration and you can all be happy that you contributed to it.

I also note you have not managed to come up with any form of protest so far other than telling us not to attend and not to support The Trust. Lots of Don'ts but no Do's

Finally why do posters think we have any interest in what they are doing instead of going to Latics?

whittle - I`ve been here before. I met with Trust directors more than once, I arranged a meeting with Simon Corney and others (where, for example, we saw the amounts being paid to players - with names hidden). I was fully behind the (initially Trust endorsed) protest for the televised game - petered out as usual.No point going over old ground.

You have your views and I have mine.

Let's agree to disagree.

P.S. Of course I accept I`m financially damaging the club. I used to spend well at Latics. 4/5 pints, a pie/brew, entrance fee etc. Administration? Who knows. FLG - yes please.

8 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

I was merely explaining why I hadn't been on the site during/after the game, as you had asked why no comments?

26 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Agree with this. I have no interest in whether you go to watch hockey, spend the day in the garden, go to watch Halifax at home or any other alternative. 

One feature yesterday was the closing down. The whole team put a real shift in, and it must have been pretty hot out there. Segbe never stops running and will be a good partner for a decent striker. No doubt they were trying to impress the new manager by showing their work ethic. If they can keep that up we should start moving up the table. 

2 minutes ago, al_bro said:

One feature yesterday was the closing down. The whole team put a real shift in, and it must have been pretty hot out there. Segbe never stops running and will be a good partner for a decent striker. No doubt they were trying to impress the new manager by showing their work ethic. If they can keep that up we should start moving up the table. 

So as it stands, would you start with the same 11 next week?

1 minute ago, al_bro said:

Thought Maouche did well in the advanced role and will be well suited to this away from home too.

15 minutes ago, al_bro said:

There may be a player in Segbe but I have not got a clue how a professional centre forward gets to 26 with so little awareness of where he needs to be to stay onside.

51 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

There may be a player in Segbe but I have not got a clue how a professional centre forward gets to 26 with so little awareness of where he needs to be to stay onside.

Even in league two, the game is a hell of a lot quicker and sharper than euro leagues. Very slow and probably quite deep defences that he's used to. He will get the hang of it. The amount of corners, free kicks and especially throw ins that he wins high up the pitch due to closing down is as good as a hold up player for getting up the pitch in my opinion

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

This is exactly what I’m talking about Glossop. 

Once again your conflating a simple home win with the bigger issue. Of course it doesn’t solve anything- how could it? We wanted goals- we got them. We wanted to stop giving leads away. Yesterday was a start. We needed a win. We got one. Can we talk about the game without it needing the constant caveat of the ongoing turmoil? 

Your post has an air of, ‘If you think I’m going to celebrate winning with the mess that’s going on, you’ve another thing coming’  I genuinely think some people are ever so slightly pissed off when we win, as they see it as vindicating the regime. It isn’t. 

But thats the problem isn't it Im completely indifferent about it because its unlikey to lead to anything.

You're post has an air of Shut up we beat Morecambe at home what more do you want about it.

If this is now followed with several wins and a climbing up the table the mood and attitude around the club will change aslong as their is no off the pitch shitstorms. But for now while we are still hovering around the football league trap door Im going to remain sceptical. Im open minded enough to change though.

It wasn't the position Maouche was playing that made the difference it was having Dino on the touchline.  He is often lazy and petulant whereas yesterday the player we know is in there turned up.  The question is can he do that every game?

19 hours ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

Nice to see a win at last but Morecambe were definitely a team in Jim Bentley's image. The right back and the keeper made Anthony Gerrard look like a man at the peak of physical fitness. Lewis Alessandra hasn't aged well. They were another degree of shite compared to Grimsby last week but another team that could have come away with a draw. Still it was sunny and I enjoyed watching Dino waving his arms about looking like he was bothered. I miss Banide's small assistant though, he looked like he was going to kill someone in his short time here.

Their right back may have been a " big lad" but he had a very good game. And was their best player, by some margin.

4 minutes ago, Hands on said:

It wasn't the position Maouche was playing that made the difference it was having Dino on the touchline.  He is often lazy and petulant whereas yesterday the player we know is in there turned up.  The question is can he do that every game?

We all know the answer to that question, hope he proves me wrong. 

4 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Couple of question to all those who went yesterday:

1) I listened to the commentary and it sounded like an excellent, well deserved performance and win. Both Mike and Roy gave their opinion on who should have got the MoM award with their choice being between Mills and Maouche but the award going to Missilou. Was it the correct decision and, if not, then who?

2) How did Dino do? Was he as manic as we have been led to believe?

3) How did the new look defence shape up?

Missilou had a very good first half, but faded badly as the game went on.  Mills was my man of the match, he played well when he had to defend, but was excellent when going forward. He also made two of our goals.

Dino wasn't too manic at all. Just enthusiastic. 

28 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

Missilou had a very good first half, but faded badly as the game went on.  Mills was my man of the match, he played well when he had to defend, but was excellent when going forward. He also made two of our goals.

Dino wasn't too manic at all. Just enthusiastic. 

Missilou and Maouche are couple who fade badly after an hour, this is maybe why we have been conceding goals after then.

Something for the head coach to look at I think.

Agree about Mills, we need a left back to replicate that performance.

42 minutes ago, Hands on said:

37 minutes ago, disjointed said:

We all know the answer to that question, hope he proves me wrong. 

Yawn...

2 hours ago, al_bro said:

Segbe never stops running and will be a good partner for a decent striker. No doubt they were trying to impress the new manager by showing their work ethic. If they can keep that up we should start moving up the table. 

TBF Segbe has done this every time I have seen him play-doesn't seem to get tired either.

5 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

We have just won only our second game of the season out of the 1st 10. We currently sit 20th in league 2.

Do you honestly 1 win at home over Morecambe changes anything?

Now if we went on a long term shit storm free period where we left the manager coaches and players to just get on with it and we saw winning become a habit then you would see the mood change you would see people like Wiseowl return. But the way things have gone for the last 2 years we know full well we are just awaiting the next shitstorm and we know full it will happen sooner rather later.

The win changed the run of 2-2.
Every winning run has to start somewhere.

Are people genuinely surprised that the positive reaction after beating Morecambe 3-1 isn't equal to the negative reaction following the latest news of a new depth plumbed in either league position or how the club is run after 25 years of steady decline and little to cheer about?  Or just faux outrage to try and prove a point?

Anyway, great for the new boss to get a win to start with, great for a striker to get on the scoresheet, great that Maouche had a good game.  And I really hope the story about Mo and half time is true - interference has definitely happened under this regime (more than you would expect from a DoF and owner) and one big downside of that must surely be that the players don't know who's boss when it comes to tactics, training and selection.  If Maamria is laying the law down and is in clear, sole charge then that's a massive step in the right direction.

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Are people genuinely surprised that the positive reaction after beating Morecambe 3-1 isn't equal to the negative reaction following the latest news of a new depth plumbed in either league position or how the club is run after 25 years of steady decline and little to cheer about?  Or just faux outrage to try and prove a point?

Anyway, great for the new boss to get a win to start with, great for a striker to get on the scoresheet, great that Maouche had a good game.  And I really hope the story about Mo and half time is true - interference has definitely happened under this regime (more than you would expect from a DoF and owner) and one big downside of that must surely be that the players don't know who's boss when it comes to tactics, training and selection.  If Maamria is laying the law down and is in clear, sole charge then that's a massive step in the right direction.

A good post.

I was beginning to question my sanity. Are these people correct? Has my perception of things been all wrong?

I mean after all, following a relegation to the bottom tier under our "saviour", being close to the foot of that bottom tier now, having suffered dizzy spells watching staff/players/managers come and go, eating cold pies and drinking expensive warm beer in the stand and seeing a 75% empty football stadium, with zero atmosphere, at matches............. I should, apparently, be singing from the rooftops after a home win against............. Morecambe.

I`m glad we won but, believe it or not, we should routinely be beating such teams at home. 

Archived