Morecambe(H) 🔵v🔴

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Fanny Adams said:

😂😂😂

I was speaking to somebody well ITK today who said what was going on behind the scenes last season

My ITK told me last weekend Scholes thought he had a free reign on team matters but in one of the games Peter Clarke, as Captain, chewed out one of the French players for bad play that cost a goal. Some of the Frenchies went to the owners complaining he couldn't talk to them like that and it was suggested to Scholes he should drop Clarke, at which point he realised it wasn't going to work and quit.

31 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Bookmarked again. 

We're 11/4 to finish in the top half. 

Well.... of course we are after the start we’ve had.  You seen the last 3 performances?  

Next two games are tricky, but even if we don’t get the results there I won’t change my view. 

5 minutes ago, inspectormorose said:

My ITK told me last weekend Scholes thought he had a free reign on team matters but in one of the games Peter Clarke, as Captain, chewed out one of the French players for bad play that cost a goal. Some of the Frenchies went to the owners complaining he couldn't talk to them like that and it was suggested to Scholes he should drop Clarke, at which point he realised it wasn't going to work and quit.

That’s not how he tells it.  

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Kind of, yes.   But more importantly, he was just utter shit at being a manager. I mean, really really awful. It happens. 

Based on a few games, when the season was pretty much over. He was trying out all the squad. He would have brought better players in that we have. 

2 hours ago, Wardie said:

I'm still irate about the sudden change in manager and I would say that Maamria hasn't influenced much style-wise but his calm and sensible substitution made sure of the game. The fans may yet live in hope.

I have a "gut" feeling that all this management merry-go-round was contrived.

Dino interviewed in the close season.

Stevenage want silly money.

Latics do a deal with Dino (GUESSWORK).

Latics bring in an unemployed, unknown foreign manager......pay him £25,000 for 3 months with free digs in a good hotel.(GUESSWORK)

Stevenage have a crap start and sack the manager after crap (not unlucky) performances.

Banide out with the minimum of fuss.

Dino in 2 hours later..

We all know there is no loyalty in football.

Am I missing something here?

2 hours ago, Horlicks said:

Thoughts:

The new manager had me at hello. Banide was improving the side but Dino clearly has the passion to win fans over.

How has Mills not been playing, superb today.

While they were poor we played well and some nice football on show.

Despite the goals we are crying out for a proper striker.

To bring in Mills and not play him was criminal, thing is, he can only get better and he's as good as I said he was right now

31 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

I have a "gut" feeling that all this management merry-go-round was contrived.

Dino interviewed in the close season.

Stevenage want silly money.

Latics do a deal with Dino (GUESSWORK).

Latics bring in an unemployed, unknown foreign manager......pay him £25,000 for 3 months with free digs in a good hotel.(GUESSWORK)

Stevenage have a crap start and sack the manager after crap (not unlucky) performances.

Banide out with the minimum of fuss.

Dino in 2 hours later..

We all know there is no loyalty in football.

Am I missing something here?

I’ve thought similar. 

It all feels very orchestrated. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

I’ve thought similar. 

It all feels very orchestrated. 

we are going to find out that there is a link sonewhere with Dino and the owner He seams confident that there isnt going to be any interference and i think you can see that in the 2 year deal agreed, i imagine clauses from both sides in that 2 year deal.

46 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Well.... of course we are after the start we’ve had.  You seen the last 3 performances?  

Next two games are tricky, but even if we don’t get the results there I won’t change my view. 

We played Grimsby and stats suggest it was even.

We played bottom of the league Scunthorpe and they had 20 efforts on goals.

We have just played Morecambe, who as predicted at the start are absolute fodder.

When we start playing well for 90 minutes against teams and looking the comfortably better side, people may start to agree. 

But it let’s not get carried away as though we’ve taken 9/9 from 3 promotion favourites.

First game for me today this season mainly due to work partly apathy. Two things I came away thinking. Why on earth has Mills not been starting and reassured we won't be anywhere near the bottom 2 come end of April. Morecambe were utter shite and there is probably worse than them in this league too..

2 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

we are going to find out that there is a link sonewhere with Dino and the owner He seams confident that there isnt going to be any interference and i think you can see that in the 2 year deal agreed, i imagine clauses from both sides in that 2 year deal.

I think you're reading way too much between the lines, this guy is his own man and doesnt take shit from anyone, bout time someone said how it's going to be from the off.

Archived