Red Card overturned.

2 minutes ago, al_bro said:

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2020/january/13012020-wheater-appeal/

It gets me how the ref. can apologise to Dino after the game for getting it wrong. He should now be suspended for at least a month.

The rules need to change, anything like this should give the penalised team a bonus point.

No surprise to be honest

Very harsh to say it was handball - its not like he's done a John Terry and thrown himself at the ball with his hands, its hit him rolled up off his thigh and flicked his hand which is by his sides. 

Terrible call at the time and looks no better on replay.

We always say harassing a ref doesn't get you anything but 5 Mac players ran after him and he bottled it under pressure. 

Ref should be sat down for a few games now that cost us a win. One we probably didn't deserve but that's another argument

Right decision in the end, but that's 2 points that a poor ref has cost us. What is annoying is that the same ref will no doubt be in charge of another game this weekend without any repercussions.

When will the FA take action against referees in such circumstances and redress the injustice dealt to the club concerned?

5 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Right decision in the end, but that's 2 points that a poor ref has cost us. What is annoying is that the same ref will no doubt be in charge of another game this weekend without any repercussions.

When will the FA take action against referees in such circumstances and redress the injustice dealt to the club concerned?

Can't really redress the aggrieved club but he should be punished by being stood down from ALL duties for a month !

6 minutes ago, oafc21 said:

Did anyone else think the macc player who jumped with woods in the first place handball it, to lay it on for their number 9 to shoot on goal 

I couldn't really tell from where I was but a couple of old blokes coming out the ground who were Macc fans said they thought it was a foul on the keeper. 

I still think Woods should have been able to get up and claim it and then we wouldn't be talking about it now - but that's the game and both keepers we have seem to have a mistake in them

9 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

I couldn't really tell from where I was but a couple of old blokes coming out the ground who were Macc fans said they thought it was a foul on the keeper. 

I still think Woods should have been able to get up and claim it and then we wouldn't be talking about it now - but that's the game and both keepers we have seem to have a mistake in them

I think woods shit out. I dont think theres been one game where he hasn't made a mistake. Whereas Zeus has been solid up until his last 3 games. Whitaker says it was a blatant handball and a tightly given red! Dont no how anyone cud come to that conclusion! Never a handball for me

It was clearly not a handball given that the review panel have rescinded the red card. The EFL should carry out a thorough investigation and publish their findings as to what role the fourth official played in this. Neither the referee nor the assistant gave the penalty in the first instance.

I genuinely believe that there are no decent referees at our level and very few in the game in general.

26 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Hahahaha latics over the years have always been the best bet for goals galore at the bookies. No shut out tomorrow lol

It'll be the best chance they get this season, if we score, we win.

Bet on that 💪

23 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

It was clearly not a handball given that the review panel have rescinded the red card. The EFL should carry out a thorough investigation and publish their findings as to what role the fourth official played in this. Neither the referee nor the assistant gave the penalty in the first instance.

I genuinely believe that there are no decent referees at our level and very few in the game in general.

Not necessarily the case. The red card could have been overturned  on the basis that it was not deliberate. Under the “double jeopardy “ interpretation, a player can’t be sent off if a penalty is given and the offence wasn’t intentional . So if the ball came off his thigh onto in arm then yes a penalty but no sending off. 

Referees ruining games because they fancy 2 mins under the spotlight. Referees, all of them, are charlatans. Last pick on the playground, billy no mates. 

I despise every fibre of their beings. You can see how their egotistical mindset is plaguing the Premier League with their unbelievable stubbornness to not use the monitors.

34 minutes ago, kev1969 said:

I always thought if it hit your leg and bounced upto your arm it was not classed as hand ball 

Not anymore. Law officially changed before the start of the season. Think the Women's World Cup was the first major use of the amended law. 

2 hours ago, oafc21 said:

Did anyone else think the macc player who jumped with woods in the first place handball it, to lay it on for their number 9 to shoot on goal 

Yes but only after watching the highlights, I couldn't see from my vantage point. 

I think the ref should have given us a free-kick under the amended law. 

2 hours ago, bluehobbit said:

2 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

I think woods shit out. I dont think theres been one game where he hasn't made a mistake. Whereas Zeus has been solid up until his last 3 games. Whitaker says it was a blatant handball and a tightly given red! Dont no how anyone cud come to that conclusion! Never a handball for me

32 minutes ago, Agnus UK said:

Referees ruining games because they fancy 2 mins under the spotlight. Referees, all of them, are charlatans. Last pick on the playground, billy no mates. 

I despise every fibre of their beings. You can see how their egotistical mindset is plaguing the Premier League with their unbelievable stubbornness to not use the monitors.

Silly boy.

What was the name you posted under when writing almost exactly the same a few months ago? 
Oh, tell us, how would matches be supervised in your referee free utopia?

Edit: Here we are, as Kusunga is God ( Agnus Uk anagram) on Oct 19. 

“Referees in general are egotisical pricks. Anyone who wants to be a referee was obviously the last pick on the play ground. They seem to forget we are there to watch theplayers, not them. Cunts every single one of them.”

Archived