Official COVID-19 megathread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GlossopLatic said:

So why did you choose to get vaccinated?

The vaccine would apparently stop me getting extremely ill. It won't stop me passing it on or getting it. Why are players (or anyone else) who choose not to get it selfish? Curious on the answer to that

12 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

The vaccine would apparently stop me getting extremely ill. It won't stop me passing it on or getting it. Why are players (or anyone else) who choose not to get it selfish? Curious on the answer to that

Because refusing to get vaccinated increases your chances of spreading the virus and giving it other people. The world's leading scientists agree what makes you think you know more than them? 

Freedom comes at a price if having a qualified medical person vaccinating me with a drug that's been approved by the world's leading scientists then I'm quite happy to pay that price and those that choose not too should have their freedoms restricted.

Back to the point unvaxcinated players will probably find it harder to get a move in January and I hope most clubs don't sign them.

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Because refusing to get vaccinated increases your chances of spreading the virus and giving it other people. The world's leading scientists agree what makes you think you know more than them? 

Freedom comes at a price if having a qualified medical person vaccinating me with a drug that's been approved by the world's leading scientists then I'm quite happy to pay that price and those that choose not too should have their freedoms restricted.

Back to the point unvaxcinated players will probably find it harder to get a move in January and I hope most clubs don't sign them.

Concentration camps for the unvaccinated? 

26 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Ha ha! Lose an argument so change the subject. 

Lost nothing. You're saying people are thick for not getting it as it reduces their chance of illness. So on the exact same subject, not a different one, of people looking after their health, I assume you call fat people thick for not losing weight to reduce their chance of becoming seriously ill? If you don't, why not? It's exactly the same thing!

8 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Lost nothing. You're saying people are thick for not getting it as it reduces their chance of illness. So on the exact same subject, not a different one, of people looking after their health, I assume you call fat people thick for not losing weight to reduce their chance of becoming seriously ill? If you don't, why not? It's exactly the same thing!

It's someone's personal choice to smoke. It was banned in indoor public places though - because it damages the health of other people.

10 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Addiction is different to choice 

51 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Why are you doing this? You cannot possibly believe the arse gravy above. WTF have my opinions on smoking and obesity got to do with why a significant number of professional footballers are refusing to get vaccinated? 

Someone thought selfishness. I think they might be stupid. Why do you think they're making that choice? 

56 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

lf somebody is a fat cunt and they don't lose weight then great, bully for them. Technically there are stretches of selfishness involved, but it's manageable. But we both know theyre are loadsa fatties out there who would give almost anything if two jabs could make them healthy again.

lf somebody is unvaccinated they are increasing everybody elses chances of becoming infected and forcing health professionals to spend longer under extreme pressure in groundhog day. Ergo- selfish cunt.

lf somebody wants to ignore the science and pose selfish questions online then theyre an obtuse cunt.

lf somebody selfishly avoids the vaccine and then goes online to argue it out..

31 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

lf somebody is a fat cunt and they don't lose weight then great, bully for them. Technically there are stretches of selfishness involved, but it's manageable. But we both know theyre are loadsa fatties out there who would give almost anything if two jabs could make them healthy again.

lf somebody is unvaccinated they are increasing everybody elses chances of becoming infected and forcing health professionals to spend longer under extreme pressure in groundhog day. Ergo- selfish cunt.

lf somebody wants to ignore the science and pose selfish questions online then theyre an obtuse cunt.

lf somebody selfishly avoids the vaccine and then goes online to argue it out..

I'm loving this

20 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Genuine question. If poster says freedoms should be restricted then the next question is which freedoms. Need an end point. From no restrictions to concentration camps or prison, where do people draw the line?

Good question, and there's a genuine answer. What's the likelihood that will happen? We can discuss certain curtailments until things get better (let's call this point A) without heading full pelt towards - as you put it - concentration camps (let's call this point Z).

What is the likelihood that we will move from point A to point Z though all of the points in between?

We can work that out - even if all the points in between (B to Y) are 99% certain to happen it's around 78% probability. Hardly a certainty. (0.99 to the power of 25 I think).

If moving from point A through to point Z is 90% (still very certain)? - drops to 7% certainty - so the drawing of the line should be somewhere around A, and not Z.

38 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Genuine question. If poster says freedoms should be restricted then the next question is which freedoms. Need an end point. From no restrictions to concentration camps or prison, where do people draw the line?

My freedom to drive at 100mph is restricted. Where will this end?

Archived