• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Does anyone know what the current situation is? Early bird offer ends today I believe but no update as yet. Tried to contact ticket office but no answer. 

I believe only the MD Natalie is keeping an eye on things at the moment.

You might want to email her directly

All along the Government's tactic has been to avoid a "spike" in infections so we may well see a quick return to lock-down when the level of new cases rise as measures are relaxed. Then we'd lurch between lock-downs and relative freedom as the country slowly gets the "herd immunity" referred to in their original scenario.

As the invincible Mr.Cummings said "Herd immunity, protect the economy and if that means some pensioners die, too bad".

We're a long way from being in the clear without an effective vaccine.

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

Not sure I agree with that. Otherwise the current premier league season wouldn’t be starting. If there is no second spike, it’s conceivable the season will start under various restrictions. 

The PL sides can afford to recruit squads without gate receipts.

18 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

The PL sides can afford to recruit squads without gate receipts.

Not for long. TV subscriptions won't hold up watching behind closed doors games and that's without factoring the stress on household budgets with the inevitable rise in unemployment 

Think football on and off the field will go through some radical changes and ideas in order for clubs to survive.

Usually, our early bird monies contributes to getting us through the lean summer months.

Previous to that the EFL hand out in jan with any FA cup runs tends to get us to march/april time.

We did not get a cup run this season and i will presume the edmundson monies have now been paid up and long spent by xmas/jan time.

I keep remembering £200k per month to keep us going

3 hours ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

Well out illustrious leader claims to have the millions he needs to buy the north stand so financial we should be ok......if you believe his claims

As well as the outstanding  money owed to the landlord 

On 5/6/2020 at 3:39 PM, LaticMark said:

"The Early Bird deadline for season tickets has now been extended to Monday 1 June 2020 with renewals and purchases still available online for those that want to do so."

Has anyone bought a season ticket over the past month? I wouldn't be surprised if we haven't sold any!

Has anyone bought a ST over the past month? As yet, there hasn't been any update on Latics' website! 

I wonder when, or if, the next season will start?

37 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Has anyone bought a ST over the past month? As yet, there hasn't been any update on Latics' website! 

I wonder when, or if, the next season will start?

All staff apart from Natalie Atkinson are on furlough so I wouldn’t expect many updates out of the club. I imagine when a time line for next season is in place the club will bring people back into work to prepare with Dino one of the first to try and pull a squad together on even more of a show string budget, especially of the new season has to start behind closed doors. Crazy times!  

3 minutes ago, super_blue said:

All staff apart from Natalie Atkinson are on furlough so I wouldn’t expect many updates out of the club. I imagine when a time line for next season is in place the club will bring people back into work to prepare with Dino one of the first to try and pull a squad together on even more of a show string budget, especially of the new season has to start behind closed doors. Crazy times!  

It won't start behind closed doors. Clubs can't afford it and wouldn't vote for it IMO.

EFL  usually require the SCMP be submitted before the start of a season with a forecast up to first five months., usually June time. This includes players and agents fees and stuff like gate receipts so we are not living beyond our means and yearly accounts.

This includes proof we have a place to play and can fulfill all our fixtures....for us it will be the lease, however I am unsure if the club are still querying the 2016 lease. Never mind negotiating still  to buyout the current landlord.

Then we have to submit it again 5 months in usually  xmas time, to get us to the end of the season.

We also have to submit the yearly accounts, which for 2018/19 year are due 26th June now. One of the last trust statement on 30th april state there should be a club board meeting in May to discuss/approve them, then they have to rolled out to shareholders to approve too....so this must be close for the Trust

21 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

What Trust!!!!...is there anyone left apart from DR?

They are perilously close to minimum numbers left to run it. There are four key roles you need, Chair, secretary, treasurer and rep.

I fear for its future and that shareholding that gives us the foot in the door that most other supporters envy. It needs the right people  in the right roles now for it to be more effective to hold the club to account.

Before I left I was doing at least three roles and its just unsustainable as you are just grenade juggling hoping one does not go off and you miss something important.

The AGM is usually about July time, I hope it sends out and SOS for help. I would hate to see a lot of people's efforts over 16 years go to waste when it could be much, much more.

Oh well....

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Is a possible way round this to show games over the internet through Latics player and say charge £10 a game?

Would people be prepared to pay to see next season that way?

If that was the only option to watch the games then yes.

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

If that was the only option to watch the games then yes.

Realistically it probably will be. 

While we obviously don't get big crowds enforcing social distancing in the corridors and concourses of BP will be extremely difficult even with as little as 500 people in each stand.

I have seen somewhere a club trying out something similar to a drive through cinema. Maybe an option on the main car park on a big screen.

Just need our goalscorer to be able to celebration run through the car park then haha

2 hours ago, underdog said:

I have seen somewhere a club trying out something similar to a drive through cinema. Maybe an option on the main car park on a big screen.

Just need our goalscorer to be able to celebration run through the car park then haha

FC Midtjylland of the danish league provided a drive-in option for fans at their last home game. No home celebration though as they lost 0-1. 🙄

Archived