Now former MD Karl Evans

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, PeteG said:

Any doubts about this man, speak to sponsors who walked away and the staff who have left in their droves. Of all the mistakes Abdallah has made imo this was the worst one of the lot.

Well your company were former sponsors, Mike, so you tell us your experiences for those who may have doubts about the man...

2 hours ago, tGWB said:

As CEO he was running the place whilst AL was in Dubai

Even if the instruction came down from AL, one of his major roles was to enhance supporter engagement, so why not stand up for the supporters

The ticket office was messed up for weeks with some IT issue and then moved to restricted opening hours. all under his watch

Bottom line is, he simply wasn't very good in the role

I don't disagree with any of that.

The banning of flags/ticket sales smacked of saving face and was pure Lemsegamism. Evans standing up to them wouldn't have ended well for him.

Evans obviously only added to the issues of the club while he was here but like the manager, the position will always be compromised working for these owners..

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

I don't disagree with any of that.

The banning of flags/ticket sales smacked of saving face and was pure Lemsegamism. Evans standing up to them wouldn't have ended well for him.

Evans obviously only added to the issues of the club while he was here but like the manager, the position will always be compromised working for these owners..

You dont go for a CEO role without an indepth check of the company and people you will be working with

Anyone taking the job is either deluded in thinking they can make things better or more likely looking for a decent wage for a few months and a £pay off settlement 

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well he seemed to play a big part in getting rid of Barry Owen so their is one positive.

But yeah good riddance for now god knows what kind of gangster they will get in to replace him.

Assuming they do....

He certainly wont be missed 

Wonder if he will do a ‘reveal all interview’ 

4 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

David Wheater clearly wasn't a fan judging by his reply to Keegan's tweet! 😂

No and why should he be he went on the podcast and lied about him.

Infact his appearance on the podcast was less than impressive. Remember him going on and complaining about a banter post not getting enough likes.

He was CEO of a failing football club with fans protesting against a lunatic owner in the middle of a pandemic and that was the thing that bothered him.

Let's face it too he must have known or atleast had a fairly strong hint about what he was getting into from.the start so its difficult to sympathise with him.

• GlossopLatic changed the title to Now former MD Karl Evans

Mike Keegan on Twitter….

Oldham fans - you may well not believe this (& feel free to take it with a pinch of salt) - but I’m told the circus has been considering appointing Chris Hamilton who’s, well, done what he’s done at Oldham rugby, to the football secretary role & potentially chief exec.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Mike Keegan on Twitter….

Oldham fans - you may well not believe this (& feel free to take it with a pinch of salt) - but I’m told the circus has been considering appointing Chris Hamilton who’s, well, done what he’s done at Oldham rugby, to the football secretary role & potentially chief exec.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Allegedly a Latics fan so it's not that bizarre and his travel expenses would be negligible.

11 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Mike Keegan on Twitter….

😂😂😂😂😂😂

When can we have some good news for once?

18 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Mike Keegan on Twitter….

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Rugby back at BP? The next head groundsman will be pleased.

28 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Allegedly a Latics fan so it's not that bizarre and his travel expenses would be negligible.

Lives literally across the road from the club. This would be a disaster and cannot be allowed to happen under any circumstances. This needs protests to the level of chaining ourselves to the main gates...

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Lives literally across the road from the club. This would be a disaster and cannot be allowed to happen under any circumstances. This needs protests to the level of chaining ourselves to the main gates...

Worse than David Bottomley? Genuine question, not a wind-up. I'm just trying to assess their respective merits (lack of).

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Worse than David Bottomley? Genuine question, not a wind-up. I'm just trying to assess their respective merits (lack of).

I don't know much about David Bottomley but it will take some doing to be worse than Hamilton...

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

It won't stop AL appointing whoever he likes.

Archived