Now former MD Karl Evans

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He’ll probably sign an NDA for a better pay off!😉

He may be leaving of his own accord. He said that he was here for the North Stand and now realises that AL has no intention of buying the stadium.

20 minutes ago, al_bro said:

He may be leaving of his own accord. He said that he was here for the North Stand and now realises that AL has no intention of buying the stadium.

Maybe so but he could still sign an NDA couldn’t he?

36 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Around 20 years standing. At least he's kept them in business in  rather difficult circumstances 

Not looking good unfortunately for next season as RL is in disarray with no lower league structure yet agreed.

For those who don't live in Oldham and are not up on Oldham RL could you just give us an overview of who Chris Hamilton is all I know is he was once in charge of Oldham RL and fell out with Chris Moore when the the roughyeds were kicked out of Boundary Park.

I loosely follow Oldham Rugby.

Chris Hamilton will be the perfect choice for the current Latics Board.

Fractious relationship with the fans. Absolutely zero fan engagement. A group of fans met, and quickly dissolved after it was clear he had no intention of engagement.

No money invested, rumours he pocketed the CEO salary but used some for the squad.

Prefers his own people and has only worked long term with a handful. One of whom it later transpired he was in a relationship with but had not declared it at apointment

No serious relationships to speak of with lcoal businesses

Left various other stadiums under a cloud with reports of debts not paid

ORLFC has no current agreement in palce where to play now they've been relegated.

Of course, there is a respect for tenacity, but there has been no real progress in years and many of the issues are self made.

The King is dead, long live the King.

3 minutes ago, singe said:

Fractious relationship with the fans. Absolutely zero fan engagement. A group of fans met, and quickly dissolved after it was clear he had no intention of engagement.

No money invested, rumours he pocketed the CEO salary but used some for the squad.

Prefers his own people and has only worked long term with a handful. One of whom it later transpired he was in a relationship with but had not declared it at apointment

ORLFC has no current agreement in palce where to play now they've been relegated.

Of course, there is a respect for tenacity, but there has been no real progress in years and many of the issues are self made.

Other than that, is he sound? 

8 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Lives literally across the road from the club. This would be a disaster and cannot be allowed to happen under any circumstances. This needs protests to the level of chaining ourselves to the main gates...

Having been to one rugby game in my life and originating from Middleton not Oldham I know nothing about this guy, how bad can he be? i literally have never heard of him

13 hours ago, singe said:

Funny post if we were not up to our neck in a barrel of Diarrhoea already 

Heard the very same about Mr Chris Hamilton

On 10/10/2021 at 7:06 PM, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Sounds like Evans resigned and wasn't sacked. He is currently working his notice period...

I believe he got sick of the stick and threats he was getting and decided it wasn’t worth sticking around in the end. 

On 10/8/2021 at 5:26 PM, al_bro said:

How long has the portacabin/bar thing been called "The Vaulker Construction Lounge"?

Archived