Short term future of OAFC

Latics immediate short term future   

68 members have voted

1. 1. In the event of the owners leaving OAFC in the immediate future, would you pledge financial support to secure its short term future?

• No
    • Yes - I would be prepared to pledge £1-100 to help secure the club's short term future
    • Yes - I would be prepared to pledge £100-£500 to help secure the club's short term future
    • Yes - I would be prepared to pledge £500-£1000 to help secure the club's short term future
    • Yes - I would be prepared to pledge £1001-£5000 to help secure the club's short term future
    • Yes - I would purchase a season ticket for 2020/21 that i would otherwise have not if the owners remained in situ
    • Yes - I would purchase season tickets for 2021/22 and beyond if that would help stabilise the club's short term future

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2020 at 05:47 PM

I am writing this in desperation at the continual decline in our once great club that leads me to fear for its immediate future. 

The way the club appears to be imploding suggests that the short term future of OAFC is endangered and the prospects of OAFC completing the 2020/21 season are becoming less likely by the minute. 

This topic is not trying to seek out the whys nor wherefore's of the club's demise, it merely exists to see how fellow fans think about the following? 

In the event of the owners leaving - would you be prepared to pledge £ to try and secure the club's short term future? 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we could afford to keep the club affloat as fans then something such as  a direct debit say £30 per month to a fan led group, realistically saying we got 1500 fans involved that would give us 45k a month towards the running of the club..

We would still obviously need outside investment to keep our heads above water but at least it would be a contribution and give people the feeling of having our club back..

One small problem, Abdallah has to leave first..

We don’t need the fans. We’ve had two interested parties very recently and Blitz wants his money back- which in short means it’s not in his interest for us to go bust. The evidence for this was when he had ‘contingency’ in case AL couldn’t pay in court. 

We might been playing in the conference north soon. But we absolutely will not go bust. 

The league would demand proof of funds for the season

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

We don’t need the fans. We’ve had two interested parties very recently and Blitz wants his money back- which in short means it’s not in his interest for us to go bust. The evidence for this was when he had ‘contingency’ in case AL couldn’t pay in court. 

We might been playing in the conference north soon. But we absolutely will not go bust. 

Yes. I agree. 

Also, the league would demand proof of funds to run the club until the end of the season. These fan donations wouldn’t get anywhere near achieving that.  

2 hours ago, fleetwood Blue said:

If we could afford to keep the club affloat as fans then something such as  a direct debit say £30 per month to a fan led group, realistically saying we got 1500 fans involved that would give us 45k a month towards the running of the club..

We would still obviously need outside investment to keep our heads above water but at least it would be a contribution and give people the feeling of having our club back..

One small problem, Abdallah has to leave first..

I know Fleetwood - just I am worried that AL may flit and the whole club collapse, I am not sure he would sell to any interested parties either do its out of desperation really   

Individual shares used to be held by local people/supporters. Could be a way to get people to feel they had a locus in the club without massively diluting any owner’s control.

Would have to be an amount that made a difference I think - at least £100 each. And £500 would be even better.

There has been lots of information produced by the FSA on what we fans can do and ways/methods of pulling together.

I will put the link here. There are some good suggestions on how fans/supporter organisations can pull together. It is a start like the survey above is too.

https://thefsa.org.uk/news/clubs-in-crisis-guidance-for-fans/

23 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I would hope that the Trust already has properly set up and protected accounts in place so that in case of need donations could be made safely and quickly. 

I will be honest Dave. It is the Trust AGM this week. Members have already emailed the Trust accounts (to be voted on) and what the figure is like now.  The unaudited accounts are already at Companies house

The FSA would be on hand as well with funding streams made available

There is always the other 3rd party shareholder. Maybe they might sell?

I wondered how Marco had paid off Blitz but he didn't and still has another £400k to find so there is hope that administration will see him gone and the club surviving.  It is a fairly good bet that at least two more league 2 clubs will get into financial trouble after the doom and gloom assessment by Whitty & Valance which, would appear to pave the way for more restrictions on social mixing and movement.  We could survive by being one of the last clubs standing.

A winter of discontent approaches.

1 hour ago, singe said:

I've stopped iFollow for some time now.

I'd make acontribution, even if made redundnat as looks mor possible after today.

I'd renw iFollow.

In the meantime, to also protest, I've put our badge in sign of distress.

I echo the sentiments too Singe. Hope it does not come to it and family first always.

Archived