Diarra signs.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Cher up fellas. 😄😄

I am Kow- I’m trying to celebrate the potential of our latest signing and a trend/plan emerging. But as usual ANY positivity is quickly ripped away. Al well, I’ll be pissed on red wine soon in preparation for a huge game tonight.  so who cares. 😎

18 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I am Kow- I’m trying to celebrate the potential of our latest signing and a trend/plan emerging. But as usual ANY positivity is quickly ripped away. Al well, I’ll be pissed on red wine soon in preparation for a huge game tonight.  so who cares. 😎

Maybe Banide recommended him..... 

5 hours ago, League one forever said:

🤣

Clarke is 19

Dearnley is 22. 

So let’s average them four at 22. . 

Hardly veterans are they? 

Annnyyyywaayyy. 

The original point was about pedigree, bam came through at Monaco (so does the new singing)  you know where the rest came from. I also said in my original post ‘players who are getting released by or not getting game time at bigger clubs.’ 

As I say- I like it, and I think it’s bearing  a little fruit. 

Normally agree with everything u write. But wambam doesnt make up for all the other shit we have been served. I will hold judgement...

58 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Normally agree with everything u write. But wambam doesnt make up for all the other shit we have been served. I will hold judgement...

Oh I agree mate. He absolutely doesn’t, nor am I claiming he does. I’m just highlighting the difference in recruitment - particularly over the last 12 months.  While we still sign a lot of squad fillers of very suspect quality, we have signed a fair few decent young players with good pedigree. IE to be kept on at Monaco/Utd/Arsenal you must have something- it gives me more confidence than singing Omrani or Segbe for instance. Now they might still turn out to be shit;  but at the very least you can see some thought or sense in why they’ve been brought in. 

14 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

It breaks my heart that there is so little to be positive about. 

I completely agree, but speaking as a regular ranter four wins in the last five, and the possible return of Wheater, are at least signs of hope.

And yes, I still want new and better owners.

13 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I completely agree, but speaking as a regular ranter four wins in the last five, and the possible return of Wheater, are at least signs of hope.

Likewise.  I've often said that if they change their ways I'll change my views and there are some encouraging signs but there is so damage to repair that it's going to take a considerable time and body of evidence to give them the benefit of the doubt.  There's that and more importantly whether a change can actually rekindle in me (and without any doubt thousands of others) the genuine passion for the club that has been stripped away.  I want to feel like celebrating when we score/win rather than just thinking, 'that's nice'.  I do not know if that is possible.

41 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Wouldn't expect to see Wheater feature any time soon.

18 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Wouldn't expect to see Wheater feature any time soon.

Sadly I think you are right. He was training with Clarke (cup tied) and Barnett (suspended) prior to yesterday’s game but they were probably separate to the main match day squad. 

But as I’m all for climbing into that ‘positivity boat’ we can but hope... trouble is if too many pile into the aforementioned vessel we may just sink...😳

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Sadly I think you are right. He was training with Clarke (cup tied) and Barnett (suspended) prior to yesterday’s game but they were probably separate to the main match day squad. 

But as I’m all for climbing into that ‘positivity boat’ we can but hope... trouble is if too many pile into the aforementioned vessel we may just sink...😳

How did Clarke get cup tied? 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Likewise.  I've often said that if they change their ways I'll change my views and there are some encouraging signs but there is so damage to repair that it's going to take a considerable time and body of evidence to give them the benefit of the doubt.  There's that and more importantly whether a change can actually rekindle in me (and without any doubt thousands of others) the genuine passion for the club that has been stripped away.  I want to feel like celebrating when we score/win rather than just thinking, 'that's nice'.  I do not know if that is possible.

This sums my feelings up perfectly.  I'm trying to work out what would need to happen for me to revert back and I'm not sure what it would take.  A resolution of and line drawing under all the ongoing issues?  And end to all the contradictory club statements that seem to treat fans as mugs?  Barry gone?  All that would help maybe, but even then I'm not sure it would be enough.  There's been 3 years of this so it's hard to shake the feeling that as long as AL is in charge we'll always be moments away from another monumental fuck up.

Archived