Update from the owner

5 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

You not rating Grant does  not ipso facto mean the other two are any good  and is a bit of a non sequitur and does not make any point at all 

I clearly speak for the wider fanbase. Back in your box!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, rather than sign 3 players with a bit of real quality and experience that can develop younger players, we sign:

Clogger Pidge.

No engine Grant (or pace...or much else apart from some good dead balls).

No idea whatsoever how to categorise him because he hasn't got any redeeming features Deadwood.

No idea whatsoever how to categorise him because he hasn't got any redeeming features Garrity.

Can't make a really, really simple pass Dunn.

Five shit ones for three possibly good older ones.

Anyway, what the hell is he talking about 'for one season,' therefore no point in signing them. What's our turnover in players? How many stay for a season or less?

Clueless.

On 11/18/2020 at 12:31 PM, Dave_Og said:

What's the percentage of the first team squad on one year contracts? 

Of 19 players [not inc loanees or scholars] - not many is it - who are signed to the club, 13 of them expire next year. Only 4 of them have an 'option' that we know of. Only 6 players are signed until 2022.

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

Of 19 players [not inc loanees or scholars] - not many is it - who are signed to the club, 13 of them expire next year. Only 4 of them have an 'option' that we know of. Only 6 players are signed until 2022.

Long term planning has a different meaning in Morocco. 

11 hours ago, Barry Bosnian said:

Here's Dino Maamria confirming what we all already know about the current regime and their recruitment policy:

He also put to bed the oft touted assertion that the owners interfere/come into the dressing room/pick the team. Dino says that none of that happened while he was manager.

So Mo deals with recruitment, which is no surprise to me with the owners agents links.

As regards the team tactics Dino seems to suggest his style wasn't what was wanted, which is strange as everyone knew what it was before he came here?

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

He also put to bed the oft touted assertion that the owners interfere/come into the dressing room/pick the team. Dino says that none of that happened while he was manager.

It is interesting.  I would say some managers would consider being given players in the squad they did not know or want, and having certain players unavailable because the owner has decided they will not be allowed to play, IS influencing team selection!

Dino says he picked the team without interference, I'm guessing he means out of the squad available to him.   

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

So Mo deals with recruitment, which is no surprise to me with the owners agents links.

As regards the team tactics Dino seems to suggest his style wasn't what was wanted, which is strange as everyone knew what it was before he came here?

Well yes that's what a logical person would have taken into account when hiring him.

But as LookersstandAndy says Abdullah Lemsagam is not an intelligent man. He just hires a head coach and just tells him what to do which why debates on the merits of any Head Coach or tactics and team selection are utterly pointless under this regime.

I haven't seen the video I don't believe a word he says but seeing what people have said it looks like it was full of the usual utter claptrap.

6 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

The sound quality wasn't that good from Dino's end - I thought he said "owner" - if so that doesn't exclude the possibility that the flat-capped bozo was interfering, as opposed to AL.

It's splitting hairs though. I wasn't convinced by Dino as a manager/head coach, he seems a decent bloke and I wish him well for the future (he makes the telling point that he'll look for a club with stability). He's just another in a long line of people shafted by the Chuckle Brothers.

9 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I think Monty may be referring to the AL interview rather than the Dino youtube interview.

Ok cheers I've seen the Dino one, I've not seen the AL one because I think hes liar.

Pretty sure that's the point I was making Not sure why Big Dog found that so unbelievable about that.

8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Ok cheers I've seen the Dino one, I've not seen the AL one because I think hes liar.

Pretty sure that's the point I was making Not sure why Big Dog found that so unbelievable about that.

Yeh, must admit I couldn't be arsed watching the AL one either. Life's too short.

7 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

If the owners are signing the players in the first place (as Dino said) they are still picking the team BigDog.

3 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

If the owners are signing the players in the first place (as Dino said) they are still picking the team BigDog.

No they’re not. They are providing him with 20+ average players and saying to him “There you go, pick a team from that lot” 😉

28 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

No they’re not. They are providing him with 20+ average players and saying to him “There you go, pick a team from that lot” 😉

Until they tell him, "you can't have player x or y because they've upset me". That's interfering.

Archived