Update from the owner

Clearly filmed before the Scunny defeat.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2020/november/18112020-owner-update/

TLDW? "Slowly, slowly. Don't believe anyone who says anything bad. Kewell/Karl are doing a good job. Mo doesn't pick the team." Ahem.

Interviewer needs to bone up on this: http://changingminds.org/techniques/questioning/open_closed_questions.htm 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

I don’t have the mental fortitude needed to watch that so I’ll just presume it’s more meaningless waffle and save myself a few wasted minutes. 

Don't get me wrong - his English is infinitely better than my French but on a lagging feed from Dubai that was a bit painful.

In short Harry chooses who to play otherwise what is the point of a coach

Working hard to bring North Stand under one umbrella 

No one bigger than the club

Thanks the fans doesn’t blame them for being upset

Don't believe everything in papers

Wont go into admin under him 

Committed to taking club forward and “we are getting there” doesn’t sleep when we lose 

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

Zero change in tone.  That's one of the key things for me.  There was a lot of meaningless word guff, but ultimately there's no sign of any change of message.

Just asks for blind faith. Again.

We are nearly there, can anyone define nearly? 

30 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Don't get me wrong - his English is infinitely better than my French but on a lagging feed from Dubai that was a bit painful.

In short Harry chooses who to play otherwise what is the point of a coach - Well that puts that rumour to bed...

Working hard to bring North Stand under one umbrella - mmmm

No one bigger than the club - Yeah Wheatz

Thanks the fans doesn’t blame them for being upset - going to do anything about it?

Don't believe everything in papers - we don’t, we just believe what we read on Twitter ...

Wont go into admin under him - that’s me reassured 

Committed to taking club forward and “we are getting there” doesn’t sleep when we lose -  getting where? 

😀 comments in line

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Your Wheatz comment made me remember what I’d missed

He said what’s the point of 35,36,37 year olds when you only get 1 year out of them

wants younger players he can sell...

No chance then of another David Eyres no matter how good he is.

22 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Your Wheatz comment made me remember what I’d missed

He said what’s the point of 35,36,37 year olds when you only get 1 year out of them

wants younger players he can sell...

What's the percentage of the first team squad on one year contracts? 

Absolutely nothing new in that interview, it’s obvious Karl Evans has had an input into the questions (if you could call them questions) and the answers as they were definitely manipulated to try and get what he calls the minority, 😂😂😂 of disgruntled fans back onside. 

I could take some positives from it if it were one of his first interviews but we are not 3 weeks or three months into his tenure, we are 3 YEARS in!!

It takes time, slowly slowly, we’ll get there.....it’s all bullshit!!!!

There wasn’t a single thing he said that you could feel remotely positive about, and again, another North Stand gloss over!

Its all the same continuous shite we’ve heard from him since day one and my opinion of him hasn’t changed one iota!

********ABDALLAH OUT********

the interviewer is extremely irritating whoever he is speaking to on ifollow , all i can ever hear is "im guessing " or "kinda " or "as you say"  every other sentence . Really off putting to listeners , I'm guessing !

15 minutes ago, latics59 said:

Why does the interviewer in all his interviews keep saying “like you say” when they haven’t said what he is referring to? Most irritating!

It’s often said phrase when you‘re trying to build rapport- it’s his subconscious building commonality. 

Basically- if it appears that I agree with everything you say- whether you said or not- you won’t sack me. 

Archived