MATCH: Bradford FA Cup.

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

Just watched it back again, was a joy to watch. Battered them! What was the pen for?

Lawlor attacking the ball with his feet (I don't like the way he does this) brought down Donaldson. No complaints from me, penalty all day. 

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Lawlor attacking the ball with his feet (I don't like the way he does this) brought down Donaldson. No complaints from me, penalty all day. 

Yeah it’s odd isn’t it. He did similar in the previous round as well. You leave yourself more open to give a foul away, if you go with feet rather than your hands. 

21 hours ago, BP1960 said:

How much money have we gained from Cup runs this season?

The prize money has been cut quite a bit this season. So far I reckon we have earned £88k in prize money and TV money. A win in the 3rd round brings in another £82k with nothing for losing, whereas in previous rounds the losers have received a share of the funds. Win he 4th round and collect a further £90k. It's not the money spinner it has been, only TV money has remained the same.

34 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Random question, does anyone know how the ball numbers are distributed? Cant for the life of me understand how we are Ball 64!

Wouldn't surprise me if they draw the names and ball numbers out of a hat!
Maybe it is computer generated randomness or they ask Alexa to do it. :D 

2 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Random question, does anyone know how the ball numbers are distributed? Cant for the life of me understand how we are Ball 64!

1 - 44 Premier League teams & Championship teams in alphabetical order

45 - 64 In the order the ties came out of the hat in round two

we were the last to be drawn out hence 64 😀

34 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

We were last tie out of the hat previous round, 3rd round the top 2 divisions are given the first 46 numbers in alphabetical order after that the numbers follow the order the ties in round 2 were drawn. 

8 hours ago, nzlatic said:

There’s some juvenile, baiting posts on here again. A sizeable number of fans have had their love for the club destroyed by these owners over the last 3 years. It may take more than a short run of good results to turn that round for a lot of people.

But, that doesn’t mean they weren’t watching that game yesterday with a massive smile on their faces for a change. I certainly was. 

If we want to have the debate, we’re beating teams around or below us at the moment. But, we’re winning which is the main thing and hopefully we can continue that form into the games against teams in the top half so we can start climbing the table. I think that’s where we’ll struggle over the course of the season but I really hope I’m proved wrong. Which should go without saying!

You are wrong.

You’ve obviously allowed something to colour you judgement. 🤔

We’ve actually done better against the better sides.  

We’ve taken 11 points from our 7 games against the current top 12 and 6 points from our 7 games against teams in the bottom 12. 

Table

GP Pts Home Away h2h
1 Newport 13 29 23 Jan 19 Dec compare
2 Cheltenham 14 26 2 - 1 26 Jan compare
3 Cambridge Utd 13 25 13 Mar 5 Dec compare
4 Forest Green 14 25 8 May 2 Jan compare
5 Exeter City 14 24 13 Feb 1 - 2 compare
6 Leyton Orient 15 24 0 - 1 27 Mar compare
7 Carlisle Utd 14 23 1 - 1 27 Feb compare
8 Salford City 13 22 30 Jan 2 - 0 compare
9 Bolton 15 22 2 Mar 1 - 2 compare
10 Tranmere 14 21 1 Dec 20 Feb compare
11 Colchester Utd 13 20 10 Apr 3 - 3 compare
12 Harrogate 14 19 26 Dec 20 Apr compare
13 Port Vale 15 19 1 - 2 9 Mar compare
14 Morecambe 14 19 2 - 3 17 Apr compare
15 Crawley Town 14 18 2 - 3 5 Apr compare
16 Walsall 14 17 15 Dec 16 Jan compare
17 Oldham 14 17  
18 Grimsby 12 15 24 Apr 29 Dec compare
19 Barrow 14 13 23 Feb 3 - 4 compare
20 Bradford 13 13 12 Dec 20 Mar compare
21 Stevenage 14 11 2 Apr 3 - 0 compare
22 Mansfield 14 11 9 Jan 1 May compare
23 Scunthorpe 12 11 0 - 2 6 Feb compare
24 Southend Utd 14 5 6 Mar 1 - 2 compare

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

You are wrong.

We’ve taken 11 points from our 7 games against the current top 12 and 6 points from our 7 games against teams in the bottom 12. 

Table

GP Pts Home Away h2h
17 Oldham 14 17  

It's our home form that's the pisser, get that right then I'm booking a socially distanced seat and table on Monty's boat. 

44 minutes ago, al_bro said:

The prize money has been cut quite a bit this season. So far I reckon we have earned £88k in prize money and TV money. A win in the 3rd round brings in another £82k with nothing for losing, whereas in previous rounds the losers have received a share of the funds. Win he 4th round and collect a further £90k. It's not the money spinner it has been, only TV money has remained the same.

Plus the Pizza money.

49 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

You are wrong.

Table

GP Pts Home Away h2h
17 Oldham 14 17  

Lets have it right, Bolton were near the bottom when we played them.  You've taken their current position to try and back up your own point.

But I was actually referring to our recent run of good form (see "at the moment"), rather than the season in full, and was including non-league in the fa cup and the 2 cup games against Bradford - hence me saying "we’re beating teams around or below us at the moment".  But my point wasn't to try and put down the recent achievements, it's great news that we're picking up results and I will say again that I hope we carry this forward throughout the season.

I'll reiterate my opinion about the owners for you and @League one forever whilst I'm at it - unless they fundamentally change the way they run the club, any group of players or coach will struggle to maintain consistent success.  And that's what I actually want - consistent success, a run of a few wins isn't enough.  I may very well be wrong about that, but that's my opinion as it stands.

And this is the bit some seem to be struggling with - having that opinion does not mean I don't want us to play well and win, or that I can't/don't enjoy it when we do. 

8 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Please explain exactly what you are implying by this.

I’m not implying anything. 

10 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Lets have it right, Bolton were near the bottom when we played them.  You've taken their current position to try and back up your own point.

But I was actually referring to our recent run of good form (see "at the moment"), rather than the season in full, and was including non-league in the fa cup and the 2 cup games against Bradford - hence me saying "we’re beating teams around or below us at the moment".  But my point wasn't to try and put down the recent achievements, it's great news that we're picking up results and I will say again that I hope we carry this forward throughout the season.

I'll reiterate my opinion about the owners for you and @League one forever whilst I'm at it - unless they fundamentally change the way they run the club, any group of players or coach will struggle to maintain consistent success.  And that's what I actually want - consistent success, a run of a few wins isn't enough.  I may very well be wrong about that, but that's my opinion as it stands.

And this is the bit some seem to be struggling with - having that opinion does not mean I don't want us to play well and win, or that I can't/don't enjoy it when we do. 

What matters is where these teams are now... thats the measure of them.... not where they were when we played them.  Your observation was way off and now you drag just the Bolton result out to try and rescue it. The stats I posted are facts. We’ve done better against the better teams. 

9 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Does if really matter.  Let's just enjoy that we are winning a few games with an exciting brand of attacking football.  It's been a while coming and fair play to HK for turning things around and the owners for recruiting some decent players.  Long may it continue.  

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

Plus 50k so far for the Papa John Cup.  All helps.

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

1 - 44 Premier League teams & Championship teams in alphabetical order

45 - 64 In the order the ties came out of the hat in round two

we were the last to be drawn out hence 64 😀

43 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

You are a font of knowledge TheBigDog...I thank you😉

Not quite... but I have corrected the original post (see above).

My bad 🤗 

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

A while ago, the line was- 

‘No manager can work for these clowns’ 

We’re currently on our best away run since 2008. . . (Thanks metty) 

Now the line is ‘they must show consistent success’ 

Can’t we just acknowledge that from a self imposed low base there multiple signs things are improving? 

Is it perfect- no.

Are things are damn sight better than 12 months ago - yes. 

Archived