MATCH: vs Newport County (H) 23/01/21

2 hours ago, leeflorida said:

I just looked and last time we finished top half of the table was 2008/2009. Quite depressing :(

Remarkable we have anyone under 18 supporting us. I'm privileged enough to have started supporting us in 1990 I saw the good times. 

Infact it should be extended to anyone under 30 High 5 to all of you for sticking with this twat factory.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, tGWB said:

Our remaining games in January look bleak for points

Home v 2nd place Newport County

Away v 6th place Cheltenham Town

Home v 5th place Salford City

Without picking up at least 2-3 players to improve the team, being only 8pts off the drop zone and with the likelihood of no points in the next 3 games we're going to be back in the mix for the trapdoor into non league football

Our Away form has kept us safe so far this season but even that's stuttering now and we cant buy points at Home

UhOh ! :help:

I hear you, but we have beaten two of those sides already this season...

5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Team for tomorrow? not heard Clarke's loan has been extended though.

Lawlor

Jombati

Clarke

Piergianni

Adams

DKD

Hilßner

Garrity

CBJ

Bahamboula

McAleny

As certain as I could be that it won't be that team, but I quite like it.  DKD and Garrity did well off the bench last week at Walsall (much better than Ntambwe and McCalmont who started).  Hilßner looked really good playing deeper last week as he took care of the ball well.  Adams and CBJ can play well as wing-backs.  Bahamboula and McAleny have enough talent to give us a threat in attack.

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Lawlor

Jombati

Clarke

Piergianni

Adams

DKD

Hilßner

Garrity

CBJ

Bahamboula

McAleny

As certain as I could be that it won't be that team, but I quite like it.  DKD and Garrity did well off the bench last week at Walsall (much better than Ntambwe and McCalmont who started).  Hilßner looked really good playing deeper last week as he took care of the ball well.  Adams and CBJ can play well as wing-backs.  Bahamboula and McAleny have enough talent to give us a threat in attack.

Yes to all of that

We seen em off before and no reason we can't do it a second time

I remember when they used to just dig out the lines in the snow and play on a white pitch with an orange ball. Referees get too cold these days and call it off for nothin. Altho usually with ISZ its the surrounding areas that are th problem so with no fans we should b ok

14 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Lawlor

Jombati

Clarke

Piergianni

Adams

DKD

Hilßner

Garrity

CBJ

Bahamboula

McAleny

If we play 3-5-2 Bosh, we’ll get a bigger beating than usual. Absolutely no way that back 3 is collectively good enough. 

I wonder in future when games are postponed due to access around the ground being unsafe, they could play the fixture behind closed doors and stream it to fans on ifollow?

It would certainly alleviate the resulting fixture pile up!

13 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I wonder in future when games are postponed due to access around the ground being unsafe, they could play the fixture behind closed doors and stream it to fans on ifollow?

It would certainly alleviate the resulting fixture pile up!

Great shout. Although they would probably make more on the gate by rearranging the game. 

Just now, League one forever said:

Great shout. Although they would probably make more on the gate by rearranging the game. 

Not necessarily, for instance today’s game would revert to a Tuesday night game which usually suffers with a lower attendance and there would be a lot less Newport fans coming up due to the travelling distance.

Archived