MATCH: vs Bolton (H) 02/03/21

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sparkleking said:

That's Wayne Ankers isn't it?  A friend of mine went to school with him.

Either way his parent must have subscribed to the Kenny Rogers school of how to toughen your kid up. 

7 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Pathetic from our so-called “team” Young kid blasted to the ground by their giant at the back and no ones arsed. I wouldn’t be bothered if they all left in the summer, Baha aside.

Don’t worry GK, this will definitely happen with this pathetic chairman we have in charge 👍

In all this chaos Mo hides away and takes no responsibility.

Think I'd prefer the club to go into admin and start afresh rather than suffer more of this from him and his brother.

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Another game which reminds me how spoilt we were in those 20 seasons in Division Three..

We were near the bottom of the 4th division in 1966, but had far better quality players than this lot.

See for yourself..

The only positive I can find from that is that I thought we better than against Barrow, even with 10 men and against better opposition.

That's clutching at straws though, the game was over after Jameson's lunge.

Hopefully McAleny and Hilßner are back against Southend on Saturday.

No doubt HK will praise the 'fantastic' 2nd half effort of the players and blame the sending off as the turning point.

The reality is we are just not good enough and its only match winning performances from 3 or 4 individuals (who won't be here next season) which have kept us from the relegation zone.

Under ALMO and HK I fear with cheapo players and more loanees brought in next season will final nail on the coffin.

Even at cut prices many fans won't fall for buying season tickets to watch the inevitable decline.

The only way out is for AL to go asap and restructute the club completely with people who know what they are doing.

12 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

No doubt HK will praise the 'fantastic' 2nd half effort of the players and blame the sending off as the turning point.

The reality is we are just not good enough and its only match winning performances from 3 or 4 individuals (who won't be here next season) which have kept us from the relegation zone.

Under ALMO and HK I fear with cheapo players and more loanees brought in next season will final nail on the coffin.

Even at cut prices many fans won't fall for buying season tickets to watch the inevitable decline.

The only way out is for AL to go asap and restructute the club completely with people who know what they are doing.

Wondered why you've been consistently criticizing Kewell......is your CV in the post ??

1 minute ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Wondered why you've been consistently criticizing Kewell......is your CV in the post ??

I criticise him, the owner and the so called Sporting Director.

As I've said many times this is the most dysfunctional set up on and off the field I've seen in 60 years of following the club.

Can you tell me its going to get better?

Tonight’s performance confirmed a few things that many already know:

- Tasdemir really adds nothing to the team. 

- Clarke needs to be taken out of the starting eleven for a while

- Bahamboula is no centre forward

- We don’t have adequate back up if we lose one or two key players

- We cannot play well at home

- We don’t have a forward at the club who can hold the ball up to bring others into play

- We cannot defend

- No team can win a game when more than half the starting eleven play so poorly 

- Vaughan might be a good ‘un

- We’ll probably finish in seventeen place

Southend - you are next...

50 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Tonight’s performance confirmed a few things that many already know:

- Tasdemir really adds nothing to the team. - can't argue, hope he comes good but can't see it right now.

- Clarke needs to be taken out of the starting eleven for a while - With everyone available I'd agree, but on Saturday the alternatives in defence look like being Jombati and Fage.  I'd stick with him for at least for one more game.

- Bahamboula is no centre forward - He was basically there in the 2nd half tonight on the off chance that he could produce a moment of magic.  With 11 men I'd play him right, left or centrally in an attacking midfield role, but as you say not as a centre forward.

- We don’t have adequate back up if we lose one or two key players - sadly true.  Tonight was a hiding to nothing for the subs that came on, but like I said against Barrow they need to make the most of the time they get between now and the end of the season.

- We cannot play well at home - if we lose to Southend at home then we might as well write off the home games for the rest of the season.

- We don’t have a forward at the club who can hold the ball up to bring others into play - Grant's the best we have and it's not his natural position.  Which makes it even more frustrating that we let Rowe go so tamely.

- We cannot defend - no doubt.

- No team can win a game when more than half the starting eleven play so poorly 

- Vaughan might be a good ‘un - no problem at all seeing young lads getting a chance, Vaughan isn't physically ready yet but I like the way he puts himself about and tries to make an impact on the game.  Sutton looks the most ready for the first team from what I've seen so far, although that doesn't necessarily mean that he's got the most potential.  Beat Southend on Saturday and I'd be more than happy if we integrated the youngsters into the first team squad for the rest of the season.

- We’ll probably finish in seventeen place - the magnetic pull is too hard for us to resist.

Southend - you are next... - the highest goals conceded against the lowest goals scored.  It sounds like they parked the bus tonight against Cheltenham tonight, will be interesting to see if they go for it a bit more against our defence.  Anything close to a Barrow performance will be completely unacceptable, regardless of injuries or suspensions.

One more terrifying stat.  At home against the teams who are currently in the bottom half of the table we have a grand total of...0 points.

Archived