MATCH: vs Morecambe (A) 17/04/21 (12:30KO)

Game over. Poor defending cost us. From the ‘John Helm school of glass half full’ we did win the second half AND had more corners...

Walker should not have started 

Fage should have been subbed at halftime.

Jameson and Clarke were very poor.

DKD contributed very little.

McCalmont contributed even less.

Having said that, Morecambe had three hugely influential players in Diagouraga, Mendez-Gomez and Stockton. We could not cope with their movement.

We did well to only lose by the odd goal in seven.

And as for the co commentator...🙄

20 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Really poor. Roll on 9th May. Sick of most of the players. Sick of the manager. Sick of the owner. Sick of the CEO. Sick of the Sporting Director. Sick of Blitz. Sick of people thinking it is acceptable to be 17th in League Two because we score a few goals...

Wanted to give you an upvote and a thanks because that's where I'm at right now, collectively they're no representation of Oldham people, we have more fight in us.

Morecambe have always punched above their weight but it appears they've been taking lessons off tyson fury and at 4-1 down we were spark out

Good luck to them but we were shite to be in the situation we were, I wouldn't care if we forfeit the remaining games especially when you can't be arsed.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Really poor. Roll on 9th May. Sick of most of the players. Sick of the manager. Sick of the owner. Sick of the CEO. Sick of the Sporting Director. Sick of Blitz. Sick of people thinking it is acceptable to be 17th in League Two because we score a few goals...

I don’t know of anyone and I mean ANYONE who thinks that 17th in League 2 is acceptable. And honestly, do you? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Noblot 2 down at Grimsby.

Commentry on  bbcBolt..

Sorry bbc manchester hilarious half hour pre game bigging up how they could go top today usual pratle 60seconds in shock and supprise Grimbsby are 1up almost disbalief that Grimsby didnt roll over abd have there tummy tickled by the mighty Bolton 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I love being 17th in league two. Having no hope of ever doing anything means you’re never disappointed. Hopefully we’ll just keep existing for many years to come. 

Please turn off the life support for this is no way to live

Despite comments to the contrary there is massive potential at this club with the right owner at the helm!!

Our ambition has been eroded year on year by poor decisions, poor recruitment, and poor leadership to such an extent that the bar has now been reset to a ridiculously low level.

Cambridge, Cheltenham, Morecambe, Forest Green and Newport have all performed exceedingly well and fully deserve to be challenging for promotion but they are all much smaller clubs than ourselves yet show that with the right management and infrastructure absolutely anything is possible!

I am 100% certain as a football club we should be challenging in the division above and still have the potential to reach the Championship.

I am also 100% certain that unfortunately under our current ownership we have absolutely no chance of realising that potential.

********ABDALLAH OUT********

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Im all for it - it will stop you demanding it on cue everytime we lose a game 

take it you were ok with 3-5-2 the two games we won prior to today?? 

No, the defence apart from Pidge was poor in both. This will continue.

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Fella on Twitter - James Reade?...

He does put out some strange posts I’ll grant you that 😀

His latest gem: ‘Why not just acknowledge it's been great when we've been scoring, and annoying as hell when we concede?’

Er ..yeah.. right 🙄

49 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Despite comments to the contrary there is massive potential at this club with the right owner at the helm!!

Our ambition has been eroded year on year by poor decisions, poor recruitment, and poor leadership to such an extent that the bar has now been reset to a ridiculously low level.

Cambridge, Cheltenham, Morecambe, Forest Green and Newport have all performed exceedingly well and fully deserve to be challenging for promotion but they are all much smaller clubs than ourselves yet show that with the right management and infrastructure absolutely anything is possible!

I am 100% certain as a football club we should be challenging in the division above and still have the potential to reach the Championship.

I am also 100% certain that unfortunately under our current ownership we have absolutely no chance of realising that potential.

+1000

55 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Totally understand your feeling about the owner. I dont care a fxxk about who owns it but it need to be everything that is owned not just the brand.

I also believe that they should take no part in the footballing side of a Club.

Pay the bills, keep a Club afloat and bask in any glory that may come there way. Unfortunately under the current regime they are getting involved. I would also love to know what their motives are

Edited by another fan

Listening to the KC interview he already knows which players won't be retained.

Whether Mo agrees is another matter.

If some are kept against his judgement I can see him walking. If he gets his way on who's in and out I think it will be a good sign. 

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Lolz

14 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Explain why this is any better?

With Whelan and McCalmont in the centre of midfield, for all their positives, they would offer very little protection for 2 centre backs.  This is why Ntambwe was used even though he's not a good player at this level.  3 centre backs allows the midfield a bit more freedom.

Our full/wing backs like to get forward and are a bit suspect when defending, so having extra protection behind them from a back three allows them to play to their strengths.

Finally if we played with wingers, who would their crosses be aimed for?  Low crosses would be our only option with DKD and McAleny up front.  It's not perfect but Bahamboula, DKD and McAleny work well as fluid front three.

• Like 7