Bradford away

8 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

And home considering it was like GMP thought we were playing Blackburn in a promotion match on Saturday 

I heard through the grape vine that Newport were bringing a mob up.  That might explain the old bill.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, latics22 said:

1000 is plenty…

I would have thought so too, but if the police are going to use covid as an excuse for a reduced allocation, then surely the home sections should be reduced pro rata. Otherwise that is discrimination. 

5 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I would have thought so too, but if the police are going to use covid as an excuse for a reduced allocation, then surely the home sections should be reduced pro rata. Otherwise that is discrimination. 

The police are great aren't they if this is the case - they have absolutely no legal right whatsoever to reduce the capacity of any of the ground on the basis of COVID 

I've not looked or asked anyone but are other clubs reducing attendances due to covid, Utd v Leeds on Sat for example ?

On Sat there was 29,043 att Sheff Utd v Brummies.

Also 31,549 at Sunderland v Wigan.

Seems strange that 2 - 3 thousand Oldham fans would be deemed one to stand out next Saturday, considering the premier league starts that day too.

I am pretty confident in saying the club have laid it on thick to the police that they advise a restriction due to potential disorder. And the police have to listen to any form of intelligence given, and it would be deemed as reliable intelligence as it would have come from the club.

5 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Bradford aren't even allowing their fans pay on the day

Aye, the Bantams do seem to make it harder than it should be.

Regardless, whichever way it plays out we'll end up with more than a thousand tickets.

53 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Why would the club not ask for the full allocation?

Why were tickets not available for supporters to collect at the home game on Saturday? 

Why in the week of the match is there still no clear announcement on ticketing?

Anyone would think that they don't give a fuck about the supporters. 

The issue with the allocation Is from our end .. I am really surprised at the number of tickets requested because as we know there is potential for us to completely sell out the away end. The club  have based it on our last visit were took 1200 fans.(Bradford ticket office told me this) 

3 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

The issue with the allocation Is from our end .. I am really surprised at the number of tickets requested because as we know there is potential for us to completely sell out the away end. The club  have based it on our last visit were took 1200 fans.(Bradford ticket office told me this) 

Cant remember the last time we took sub 1000 for a league game and I'd of been asking for 1800 minimum for this. We took nearly 900 to Colchester not so many moons ago on the 1st day so how someone at our end would think 1000 would suffice is beyond me.

Ahh the old blocking works a treat. Why do fans get giddy thinking we have some kind of amazing away following. A few go bury as it’s on the door step, other than that we are prob on par with the average following for a league two club

5 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Ahh the old blocking works a treat. Why do fans get giddy thinking we have some kind of amazing away following. A few go bury as it’s on the door step, other than that we are prob on par with the average following for a league two club

I don't know how far you go back but we've always had decent to good away support in ratio to our home support.

2 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I don't know how far you go back but we've always had decent to good away support in ratio to our home support.

I'd say outstanding away support. Particularly in view of the shit we endure on and off the pitch. 

8 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

The chap at Bradford this morning told me the noise from the latics fans really adds to the occasion and he was surprised that we have only asked for a 1000.

Archived