Bradford away

2 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

I think there's far too much crap going on at our club for us to be creating more when it simply isn't there. It's far more likely that there's a genuine error in communication about potd...

What has communication got to do with them having the tickets for six days and not putting them on sale? It is a wilful and spiteful act. 

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Ruan Sparks the Bradford City CEO

To help address some concerns... 👍

- #oafc requested 1k tickets.
- Further tickets available.
- Tickets sent Tuesday 3rd (yet to go on sale).
- No indication of sales, so plan to house the allocation requested (standard).
- There is no POTG at VP this season (COVID-19).

#BCAFC

7 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

I think there's far too much crap going on at our club for us to be creating more when it simply isn't there. It's far more likely that there's a genuine error in communication about potd...

You don't seriously believe that do you?

Of-course that is what the club will ultimately say....we asked for 1000 believing there would be pay on the day and when we found out there wasn't we spent a week trying to "resolve" it and now unfortunately all we can do is sell the 1000 to season ticket holders only...

It's deliberate.

3 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

What has communication got to do with them having the tickets for six days and not putting them on sale? It is a wilful and spiteful act. 

I know as much as you. However if they were working on the premise that there was some form of potd, a week to sell the original 1k allocation and then everyone else pays at bratfud isn't too ridiculous. They also had the (late) season tickets to sort out. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that they chose to focus on ST's...

6 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Christ- didn’t even think about like that. You’re spot on. 

Received on the 3rd.

Not announced or sold. 

Not communicated with Bradford with how sales are going. 

Release statement saying we’re disappointed with the allocation, we want as many fans there as possible. 

Fucking hell- speechless. 

3 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

I know as much as you. However if they were working on the premise that there was some form of potd, a week to sell the original 1k allocation and then everyone else pays at bratfud isn't too ridiculous. They also had the (late) season tickets to sort out. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that they chose to focus on ST's...

That would assume that Bradford aren't communicating to other clubs that they have a non pay on the day policy in place this season.

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

That would assume that Bradford aren't communicating to other clubs that they have a non pay on the day policy in place this season.

I don't know how these things are discussed and who does it, but I don't think it's a ridiculous notion that it could be missed...

13 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Just seen a Bradford fan on Ryan sparks twitter saying 3 clubs have been trying it on re tickets. Us, York and someone else.. So maybe there is some confusion about potd somewhere along the line. 

Even so surprised away tickets haven't been on sale sooner. Yes they had the new system to get out in but anyone with some sense would have got that installed as the last  season finished. 

I don't understand why they always ask for a certain number of tickets. Why not just ask for the full allocation of 1800. If those are sold their is an overspill on the side. Last time I went the stand behind the goal was closed.

1 hour ago, LaticMark said:

A reminder from 7 weeks ago:

According to the official website there were 1045 Latics fans at Bradford in August 2019.

This is August 2021  after people haven't been able to go to a game for 18 months or so. I would expect around the 1800 mark for this game. How are people who are working expected to get tickets? They can't nip out at lunch time because they won't know how long they will have to queue up for. Absolutely ridiculous situation. Why is the ticket office closed today?

3 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I don't understand why they always ask for a certain number of tickets. Why not just ask for the full allocation of 1800. 

It’s petty but tickets cost money - clubs are sometimes reluctant to send full allocations in the first instance unless nailed on they’ll sell 

Source: I have a friend who worked in Bolton’s ticket office and told me as much when I asked a similar question 

14 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I don't understand why they always ask for a certain number of tickets. Why not just ask for the full allocation of 1800. If those are sold their is an overspill on the side. Last time I went the stand behind the goal was closed.

This is August 2021  after people haven't been able to go to a game for 18 months or so. I would expect around the 1800 mark for this game. How are people who are working expected to get tickets? They can't nip out at lunch time because they won't know how long they will have to queue up for. Absolutely ridiculous situation. Why is the ticket office closed today?

Totally agree surely that fact 3.7k turned out for our first homegame would indicate we would definitely fill our  full allocation for our first away game against another side in the North West.

2 minutes ago, wroteforluck87 said:

Totally agree surely that fact 3.7k turned out for our first homegame would indicate we would definitely fill our  full allocation for our first away game against another side in the North West.

You'd imagine they were very surprised by that number, if the queues behind the RRE at half time were anything to go by...

1 minute ago, Chris15Arm said:

Anyone who has an ST and isnt goin Bradford im willing to pay over ticket price. Dm me if you can help. Booked a whole day and night for me and the Mrs so if I don't get tickets I'll be fuming lol

You only get 1 per ST or are you expecting the mrs to wait in the hotel? (I can understand that to some extent)

Id do it for face value but no chance I’ll get to Oldham this week mate sorry 

Archived