MATCH: vs Colchester United (H) 21/08/2021

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bottom of league 2 with no points. An owner who is as popular as a pork chop at a vegan restaurant, a football director who knows as much about football as Donald Trump does about Covid vaccines and A CEO who could give Lord Lucan a run for his money in a game of hide and seek. The whole thing is a farce and one, I am glad to say I dont pay towards. The owners are more bothered about appearance than the club. They need publicly embarrassing. Fans need to join together and show them that their regime is not wanted. Time is running out for Latics and I worry that nothing will happen and the death will be slow and painful 

1 minute ago, Worcester Owl said:

Reports of a pitch invasion at full time, what's happened?

About 30 got on, all the kids. Fair play to em, 1st real signs of discontent inside the ground. Could start to get nasty this. 

Just now, daniel said:

About 30 got on, all the kids. Fair play to em, 1st real signs of discontent inside the ground. Could start to get nasty this. 

As long as people behave, its about time people started to show the owners that their ownership can not continue. THIS IS OUR CLUB

18 minutes ago, daniel said:

Did well I thought! Not afraid to run at the defence and take a player on. 

Cheers. I've liked him in the odd cameo I've seen. Doubt he's ready for a staring role yet but think he'll end up a decent player 

18 minutes ago, daniel said:

Did well I thought! Not afraid to run at the defence and take a player on. 

Understatement. He pretty much changed the game. Held the ball, got his head up, found his teammates, created a goal.  Everything DKD simply cannot do!

Just now, kowenicki said:

Understatement. He pretty much changed the game. Held the ball, got his head up, found his teammates, created a goal.  Everything DKD simply cannot do!

Agreed. Very promising indeed. One of the very very few positives from today. 
it’ll be that old adage of is he too small? Will he get easily bullied etc etc? Don’t necessarily buy in to all that bollocks, plenty of small players turn out to be great players. I do think he’ll need to bulk up a bit as he grows in to a man, but definite positive signs there. 

4 minutes ago, kev1970 said:

We missed three very good chances in the first half should have taken one cannot see hope scoring he is crap no wonder he came to us everybody else could see how bad he is.

HOPE is is his middle name, his surname is LESS! 😆

15 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

How did Bettache do?

Pretty well I thought.  Similar to Vaughan in desire to move the ball forward.  Tidy in possession.  FWIW I thought Diara did OK when he came on too.  Just fed up at giving poor teams a two goal head start.  DKD needs to be benched indefinitely and the team need to prevent the soft goals.  Absolutely need to pick up some points from somewhere soon.  

6 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Wow.

Where to start with that?

I saw things today that I didn't know were possible by professional footballers. Aimless passes out of play, problems with basic positioning, players standing behind their opponents, zero creativity or options for the man with the ball. Totally devoid of ideas. Easiest away fixture in the league.

First half was nothing short of embarrassing for a so called professional team. Totally devoid of ideas, zero confidence and all on completely different wave lengths. Formation doesn't work, half of them didn't seem to know how to play their given position and at times I had to double check they didn't have an extra man on the pitch.

The major problem is we are not good enough to play out from the back and don't have the striker to win the long balls - I'm not really sure where you go from there, it all becomes a bit become a bit useless and pointless if you cant do at least one of those things.

Colchester didn't really need to get out of first gear. Comfortable from the start and the game was won after the second went in. 

Anyway, I'll have a stab at a brief summary for each of our players.

Walker - Fine. Be nice if we could play our proper keeper thought wouldn't it?

Adams - Looking his age, thought he was running through treacle at times. Rightfully hooked at the break. In his defence, he wasn't helped by balls being pumped into him about 3ft above his head.

Clarke - Looks like he could be OK, athletic and has a go. The other two next to him don't help at all.

Piergianni - Have given him some slack in the past but he's not a football league player. Decent in the air but all over the shop when strikers are in and around him. Easy target to get at.

Sheehan - Rubbish. Shouldn't really be an option for us but somehow he's found himself as a starter.

Hart - Struggled positionally and made some bad decisions. Offside flag saved him a couple of times. Came alive a bit at the end and got stuck in....just 75 mins too late.

Cisse - Doesn't really know what to do with the ball, but didn't have many options. Not quite sure what he offers apart from a big of presence.

New QPR lad - Must be wondering what on earth he is doing here. Tried to make stuff happen but again, zero options.

DKD - Shocking 45 mins. Couldn't get anything right, not good enough to be a regular.

Bahamboula - When he's good, he's really good. When we're struggling and haven't got momentum he goes a bit missing. Got the goal and looks our only source of goals. Lost interest at times but still our best player.

Hope - Didn't win a header all day. He's not the answer. If he is our starting centre forward all season, I personally think we'll go down.

Diarra - What a strange player this guy is. Unconventional style, reckless, useless.

Vaughan - Start him next week. Lively, brave, had a go, made things happen. He's raw but i'd rather see him on the pitch than 95% of the others.

Luamba - Not fair to depend on him. Again, puts himself about but he's not ready.

Final note on the pitch invasion. Good start but 30 kids on a pitch isn't going to have the impact....particularly when they are begging the players they've just called shit for 90 for their shirts! But at least they are willing to start taking some action.

The pressure against this ownership needs to step up now. More on the pitch, do it during a game, get people forcing entry inside the club. Whatever we have to do to stop this painful death of our once proud football club..

1 of your suggestions near the bottom of your last paragraph may need editing out really marra.

Not something to condone or believe is right to promote.

Archived